QTDDTOT

Can you go from fat to lean without ever bulking?

Just a cut and maintain at 10-12%bf

Attached: South_Park_1x06_002.jpg (584x437, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jssm.org/vol9/n1/1/v9n1-1abst.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeah, just fast

I'm fat
And new
What are the benefits of lifting while losing fat vs just diet or cardio?

>current job has gym onsite
>fucking awesome little gym
>has everything I need and never crowded
>got new job that pays way more but I'm not allowed to use new onsite gym
>moving to New apartment that has a little gym
>apt gym only has a few machines and some dumbbells

Fucking sucks. I feel spoiled by my current free gym. Should I just buy a gym membership? Or should I try my new apartment gym and just do normie excercises?

Attached: swole_doggo.jpg (699x640, 81K)

Bulking is meme. If you are fat you are already getting enough calories . Disregard any comments made by roid fags

how do i convince my brother to eat better? my mother encourages him too. He's 16, like 5 ft 8 and 190 lbs, all fat. He's allergic to uncooked fruits, vegetables, and all chicken. His diet is pretty much frozen, processed foods, pizza, chips, Arizona iced tea, energy drinks and ham.

Your upper body muscles get waay more defined. Also it burns a lot of calories, but if you want to lose weight, eat clean with a calorie deficit, do a lot of cardio and start doing upper body workouts

how tf can somene be allergic to vegetable and chicken??

just do all 3

>can you lose weight without gaining weight?

haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks since it's deadline season. i also lost 10kg worth of gains over the past month or two. today's my only real chance to go, but the temptation to fap and sleep is real strong.

what do

Should I have a rest day? Haven't had a rest day in 3 weeks.

You'll know if you need a rest day.

I know when I need a rest day because my lifts are weak and my muscles are sore (not DOMS).

I have been pretty tired today and I'm sore in most of my body. Guess that's a sign.

can you get multiple growth spurts? can you have no growth for a year or two and then start growing?

I'm going to make a tinder profile of an ideal guy. Ripped, good job, money etc but I'm going to make his height 5'2. Who is a good person to use pictures of that wouldn't instantly be recognised? I'm thinking Chestbrah but I'm sure there's somebody better

Coffee right after waking up without eating. Anything bad (long term or not) I need to know about my daily morning bathroom ritual?

>Sweat smells like strong beer
>Haven't drank in years

Anyone else know this feel?

Never done a cutting diet, mostly just maintaining weight, how much bf% could I roughly lose come start of June if I stick to a 1800cal diet? Atm 22% at 86kg 5ft11

Yes, thing is that it'll take months, but your bf% will go down and muscle up. If you're in no rush to get lean, just eat maintenance, eat 120g protein a day, and lift hard. I did it from 160-185 (bf% went down), but now that summer is close I'm going to adopt an actual cut for faster progress

Started a rough cut, 1000 cals per day total consumption

Day one: 89.5kg
Day two:85.3kg
Day three:85.2kg
Day four:86 kg

im really measuring shit really precisely, does the fact that my weight started to go up means i fucked up the diet somehow without realizing?

Lifting biases your weight loss to be more fat loss and less muscle loss. If all you do is diet and cardio then you'll lose muscle mass as well as fat.
If your goals are only looks and/or general health then you can probably get by with the apartment gym. If your goals include powerlifting, owl, or athletics, then you need a gym with black iron and barbells.
>allergic to everything
In past decades he would have died as a child because of his genetic defects. WRT his diet, diet is all CICO and IIFYM, just get him to eat less calories, probably switching to sugar-free drinks would drop some lbs. WRT "how do I convince" I'd ask why it's any of your business, other people are gonna do what they're fucking gonna do.
In the grand scheme of things, one day isn't going to make a difference. When you get free time, hit a beginner LP for a few weeks or a month and then go back to your normal routine.
Usually there's only one.
If it works for you then it's fine.
bf% is a meme. Judge by how you look and how your clothes fit. You should always adjust your diet based on results and do so about weekly, so your kcal budget will change. Aim at losing 1-2lbs a week. You probably have about 20lbs to lose assuming you have normalfag levels of muscle mass for a male.

Lifting "heavy" weights on a calorie deficit and i need some feedback on my macros bros.

I'm 6'3, 226 lbs goal weight is 190.

My TDEE at 226 lbs is at 2600 (desk job) calories, I'm eating 2100 calories, 226 grams of protein, 120 grams of carbs and 90 grams of fat.

What do you guys think? Is this good for losing weight while capitilizing on newbie gains?

Attached: 1520453042178.jpg (1200x2100, 485K)

Day-to-day weight varies a lot, based on really random things.
>how much water retention today? could be sodium in the diet, inflammation from a workout, etc
>how much shit, actual shit, is in your colon compared to yesterday or the day before?
>fat cells often hold water for a while before giving up the ghost so weight loss is uneven.
My day-to-day weight varies by +/-1-2lbs every day despite weighing in the same state (shorts, right after wakeup and morning piss) each time.
Bottom line, weigh daily, but don't respond to the daily number. Use a 3-5 days moving average of the weight, and compare it to the same average from a week ago, and use that to adjust your diet.

>Is this good for losing weight while capitilizing on newbie gains?
500 below average is good for starting out, since youre a fucking stupid newbie piece of shit who doesnt know anyhting, its a good idea to start slow.
Weight yourself at the beggining of every week, if by the time you reach week 2 you havent lost weight slowly increase your deficit.
When you k now what youre doing you can do much bigger dficits, like 1000 or 1500 cals, but not you, as i said before youre a newbie little amateur unedecauted non-knower compared to us the holders of truth

Those numbers will be fine to start with. See the response above me but below you about adjusting the diet, as you go, move the kcals +/- 10% each week if you're either losing weight too fast / losing performance or if you're not losing weight fast enough.

but the first day i lost like 4 kgs, which surely is mostly not fat. What is the maximum amount of variation due to non fat related issues that i can expect?

It's common to have a big drop in water weight when starting an extreme diet or a low-carb diet, because your body stores carbs dissolved in water in your muscles, so the switch promotes a big dump of carbs and the associated water. That's probably your first day's drop right there.
There's not a good estimate of the variation as it will depend on too many different factors. Just buckle up and ignore the day to day and track a multi-day moving average of the results and use that to adjust your diet. If you worry too much about the day to day then you'll drive yourself crazy. I know I'm about the same weight as you and mine is varying usually between 1-2lbs either way each day.
Also, even at 1000 kcals a day you're not gonna lose weight super fast. Assuming you're burning maybe 2500 kcals a day then a 1500 deficit is just over a kg a week and that is pretty easily hidden by the random daily movement.
Just be calm and track and use the moving average to make adjustments once a week.

As far as retarded questions go, mine must be on some kind of top 10:

Any way to exercise and retain waist size without much of a change? I can't afford to change the fucking wardrobe again.

Yep, count your calories daily and budget them with a target range. If you find you're getting tight in the waistline, drop your kcal budget for a week or two until they fit better.

If you don't like calorie counting, then just eat normally most of the time and when your pants start to get tight, start focusing on smaller portions, skipping snacks, and feeling generally hungry for a week or two until they fit better.

173cm 86kg here 28yo here pic related

im still quite fat but when i flex i can see something that i would think looks like hidden abs under the fat, if its not wishful thinking. Does that mean that i can expect decent abs if i drop to ridiculously low bodyfat?

also, please BF% on the pic

Attached: neverprogress.jpg (2676x2136, 2.92M)

thanks my senpai may good luck with your cut

Like 17%, user.

so if i lost 10kg i would be almost at 5%?

around 20% I'd say. Yeah if you drop down to really low bf% you'll have good abs
>mirin forearms

Yes. If you can intelligently cut down to 73, maybe 74kg, you will have visible abs or at least be rather attractive . Get down to 70 and you'd be shredded. I can tell

Attached: 3ce1e78.jpg (1080x1350, 169K)

In other words, I should maintain?

wait, if this user is right:
and im 17% bf i only have 14.72 kg of fat in my body

what is the proper estimate in your opinion?

No, there is no way for a natty to be at 5%. Ever.
You can be at 7% for one day or two if you dehydrate yourself but after that, you're going to need to fix that shit or die.
Probably if you lose 10 kg, you will be at 10%, but skinny as fuck bc you don't have too many muscle mass yet, sorry user.

way higher than 17 atleast in the 20s

how can you lose body fat but being dehydrated?

you can lose weight not bf makes you look leaner though

not living it and never gunna make it: the post

but that user says you can get from 7% bf to 5% bf if you dehydrate... makes no sense to me does he know what hes talking about?

What should i do while i cut? Im super tired of bulking and im only on week 5/12 of my strength program. If i cut it down to 7 weeks and finish up should i still lift heavy, do hypertrophy work or just run and lose my numbers?

Attached: 1519829876943.jpg (900x900, 139K)

hes talking shit you might look 5% but you'd still be 7%

my personal philosophy is to always lift as hard as you can but dont be surprised if its hard during a cut but even if your numbers go down, stride for the best

Not above 20%, user. Between 17 and 20. You can clearly see his adonis belt.

you can get up to about 25% and still see that if you have decent hypertrophy in that department lol, people on here always think bf is lower than it is. i can see vains in my abs but im about 12, youd probably put me sub 10

No, you can go from 10% to 7% if you dehydrate yourself. Like some natty bodybuilders do a week before a competition (take a look at VitruvianPhysique that guy is like 7% in a contest) but, there is no way to go lower as 5% without taking any shit.

Post a pic of yourself, user.

if im 20% that means i have 17.2kg of fat. Which means if i lose 10 kgs ill only have 7.2 kg of fat and weight 76 kg that will put me in around 10% body fat.

sounds like too low to me

Yep, but maintain waist size based on the fit of the pants rather than based on a scale weight. How strictly you monitor calorie intake is up to you. You can go full autismo and count kcals and weigh your food before cooking everyday, or you can be unstructured and just go into a mini-cut mode when the pants start fitting tight.

I'd imagine that if your program is good, then you'd probably gain weight overall with the same waist measurements over time, in a few months you'd add muscle to the shoulders and thighs etc but not add visceral belly fat. At some point a year or so down the line you might need new dress shirts because your yoke is bigger and that makes your sleeves seem shorter, etc.

bf% is a meme.

How much you weigh day to day depends on holding water, which can be sodium-related or carb-related, how much actual shit is in your colon at that moment, how much food is being processed in your stomach and the fluid associated with digesting it, etc.

If you were to take a dexa scan or an underwater weighing bf measurement or use an electrical impedance scale, guess what? That colon full of shit and those intramuscular carbs stored in water all count as "lean body mass" and you could lose all that mass (and consequently up your bf% by a lot!) just by going on pure-protein-powder diet for 30 hours!

Seriously stop the insanity of bf% bullshit. The ultimate judge of leanness is gonna be how you look, and how your pants' waistband fits.

gimme a sec

heres one

Attached: IMG_20180313_231422.jpg (1617x1558, 238K)

not saying ive got veins popping out all over my abs but at the bottom you can quite clearly see vascularity

> bf% is a meme.
t. retarded fattie.
You're confusing weight with body fat, lardass.
And there is no need to get a dexa scan, just grab a body fat caliper, measure yourself, learn the Faulkner equation, do the math, and stop being retarded.

Looking good, user.
Like you said, you're about 10-12%. Get a tan bro.

cheers man i'd probably get cancer if i do

when you fuck a girl does she run her hands trough your abs?

How do I do sit-ups without an anchor?

no user girls seem to prefer my hair which has always baffled me hahah

Buy a cheap pro tan and see how you look, user.

like you normally would i do it without an anchor as its harder

ill give it a shot cheers user

If I seduce a girl who has a boyfriend and then start falling in love with her, does that make me the cuck?

You will be eventually, stupid

Is it really that simple? I hope it isn't. Maybe I'm just that special

Does the order of exercises really matters?

Attached: 1520559272894.jpg (247x228, 27K)

are bodyweight rows an effective replacement for chin ups?

Attached: 7547249577d0f42112c9ee2d3d68455b9f94286e65a8631c96b5e9165ee4baed.jpg (749x499, 57K)

Can someone give me a quick rundown on "oats"? I don't even know what they're called in my language, we don't see much of it around here. Should I start eating it?

Attached: file.png (620x350, 415K)

I personally prefer compounds before isolations, but I believe it's all up to preference.

Do them in the order of importance. You yield most gains from the exercise you do first
Source: jssm.org/vol9/n1/1/v9n1-1abst.php

yes.

if you're training for strength, you'll want to do one exercise per muscle group per session in order to get the most out of it.

if you're training for mass, you'll want to hit a certain muscle group many times during a session; arranging the exercises so that you don't train the same muscles back-to-back will help you get more out of the session. it's always a good idea to perform lifts with a higher risk of snapping shit up first, then revisit the same muscle groups and do some extra damage until failure.

if you can steal her from someone, that means someone will steal her from you.

what hypertrophy routine do you do after intermediate strength training?

I started working out 2 weeks ago and now I poop every day what did you guys do to me

normal people poop daily

What are your lifts, user?

How dangerous is amphetamine as a preworkout?

Last night i took some amp paste with the lads and went to the gym on the way home and had a fantastic workout but didn't check my heart rate or anything until I was lying in bed awake, but I felt great and did a ton of volume.
I did a few lines but i was buzzing quite a bit.

For reference I'm 20, around 12-15% BF, 79kg, resting heart rate is usually higher than most my age because of bad anxiety but i don't get that anxiety with amphetamine.
Still haven't slept but I was thinking about going again today and giving some a shot again....

I am pretty good with stims generally, i often take ephedrine with my preworkout powder.

But realistically, is this dangerous? My heart rate didn't seem explicitly abnormal but I am worried about blood pressure and body temperature.

Attached: 22610_s6_0.jpg (800x450, 72K)

Not even remotely. They work different muscle groups.

Oats are a cheap, easy to cook, easy to store grain that is very popular in America. Mostly popular in dishes like oatmeal. If you've ever had porridge, oatmeal, or grits, you've moreorless had oatmeal.

It's just good carbs.

The ones that require the most movement I do first, I almost always do deadlifts last, at least before my accessories. It always winds me. Would not wanna do bench or rows after that.

Compounds >>>> Accessories > Cardio

Pooping every day is normal. Some people do it up to 3 times a day. Any more is usually poor diet or diarrhea.

I'm no doctor, but you should absolutely not do any sort of stimulate or hard drug before going to the gym. Anything that fucks with your heart rate or blood pressure should not be paired with exercise unless you're suicidal and want a cool way to go out.

Attached: 1151.jpg (293x282, 10K)

The amount I did was equivilant to probably about half of an adderall. But adderall is way stronger, and I'm certain people still work out while taking that drug.
But to be fair that drug is taken daily and the body becomes accustom to it.

77.5/118/175/190 kg

Which muscle groups does each one work?
Im a total anatomy noob.

Your bench and dead are kinda weak but you're indeed intermediate, user. How many days do you hit the gym?

Sounds like a yeast infection. Eat yogurt

sry for wrongpost.yes, torso is weak. 4 days a week on upper lower

former fatties, did your penis get thicker after losing a lot of weight (the blood circulation gets better? i know it gets longer because you lose fatpad but just wondering about girth gains

judging by your posts, i bet you will carry on doing it until one day you suddenly go "uh-oh... i don't feel too good..."

if you happen to survive, then you'll stop doing it. some people really need a "brush of death" moment to realise they're doing stupid shit and stop. it's your decision, just know what you're getting into.

and I repeat:

>you should absolutely not do any sort of stimulate or hard drug before going to the gym

Chin-ups work your biceps and mid-back primarily. Rows hit your upper back and biceps. They're not entirely different but you can't replace one with the other.

Your penis will stay the same size. Circulation may get better and your chub may go full-diamond, but your penis never truly changes.

HOW CAN I TAME THE BURNING SENSATION OF RAW ONIONS?

Attached: 1521738618315.png (1262x723, 482K)

What do i focus more on for big legs? quads or hams?

>oatmeal
Thanks user.

both you fuck. do squats and nothing but squats. there's a guy in my gym with ridiculously overdeveloped quads that stick out to the sides like flaps. his hamstrings are almost non-existent. don't be that guy.

by not falling for memes

I need raw onion because of my allergies and I want to boost my immune system naturally, I already eat avocados, eggs, spinachs and garlic for my test.

Eat red onions

you're a fucking idiot. Do you drink cayenne to combat the flu?

there's no such thing as "boosting your immune system" by eating fucking onions nontheless