Why do so many bodybuilders die of heart attacks?

Why do so many bodybuilders die of heart attacks?
An enlarged heart is not something that kills you, guys that do professional bike racing have super large hearts from years of training and they have disproportionately long lives compared to the public.

Attached: maxresdefault-1.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

because they use A LOT of drugs, a lot. If you look at men's fitness competitors you'll notice that they're healthy to the end

Complete shit diet filled with saturated fats and no veggies, no cardio and a mind boggling amount of steroids. I don’t think you know just how much shit is in their bodies

This.

Your heart should go big from cardio not steroids.

Cardio big heart is healthy.

Steroid big heart is bad.

Also steroids make you age horribly.

Literally zero benefits for the average guy to do steroids.

Just fucking lift and eat healthy.

My guess is:

1. The mass of bodybuilders puts a (mass)ive strain on the heart.
2. Bodybuilders eat much more saturated fats(guess).
3. Steroids further increase cholesterol.
4. Doing little cardio they have much lower fatty acid mobilization and get non-comparable health benefits from their training, cardio is anti-inflammatory in the long run.
5. Bodybuilder probably eat a shittier diet in general, favouring protein/calories over micros/fiber in most cases.

Attached: sum.png (550x297, 172K)

They can't even run ten minute miles and they eat tons of fatty food and do steroids. Any of that will fuck your heart up. All of that and you will die in a sauna at 23

It's because heart is a muscle and steroids increase it's size.

When you go off-cycle your heart accordingly decreases in size

Which forms scar tissue

Repeat a few times and see what happens.

i think test e cycles are fine but anything else is overkill

Nah, it’s steroid abuse that causes the problems, not use. Former Mr. Olympias from the 70s look great and are healthy. It’s the mass monsters that fucked it up.

>Former Mr. Olympias from the 70s look great and are healthy
Literally almost none of them are alive and a lot of them had to have lots of surgery.

Great observation retard. But do you know what these drugs do to kill a bb? Ypu dumb fug

Except thats not what happen you bro science fuck shit

This. Even Arnie had/has his heart-related issues.

Steroids fuck up cholesterol big time. Run 365 day cycles and you'll get fucked up.

Eat tons of shit when bulking, then take a bunch of stims to cut, raising your blood pressure. Then dehydrate yourself and take diuretics to screw with your electrolyte balance? Yeah that's like a recipe for a heart attack. Never mind cardio is almost entirely ignored by bbers

What? Literally every Mr Olympia from 1970 on is alive today

>literally almost none of them are alive today
You’re provably wrong. Sergio Oliva, who was Mr. Olympia in 1969, is the only one who is dead. He died at age 71, of kidney failure.
Arnold, Franco and Frank are all still alive and in great shape. Arnold is in the worst health, and it’s because he had an extremely stressful job (governor of the biggest state) and a high-stress, type-A life, and he continued his steroid use and abuse at a higher level than the others for longer for his film career.

>An enlarged heart is not something that kills you
It can kill you if the progress is fast. When your ventricle increases in size, it demands more oxygen. Increase in size can also start to squeeze the coronary arteries and the heart can't adapt to these changes. Both of these can lead to ischemia, when the ventricle uses more oxygen than it gets. And ischemia can lead to a heart attack.

So why this doesn't happen to athletes? Because the progress is much longer and natural. Athletes have great circulation, intake of oxygen, less blood pressure (heart doesn't have to work as hard) and less muscle mass (less oxygen used).

When your heart increases in size fast due to drugs, there's more connectie tissue formation and which can become just junk in the heart, making it have to work more harder.

Source: med student. Other med students can correct / continue

>"Mountain Dew™ Baja Blast™, por favor"
Why did he ask for that specific beverage?

Same as obesity. The extra weight puts stress on your heart and the heart gives out sooner. The steroids they take push their bodies beyond their natural limits and what it can handle.

Really fucked thing is that being 300lbs at 8% bodyfat is objectively worse by every metric then being 300lbs at 50% bodyfat.

Let's let the Undercover IFBB Pro answer some questions.

Q: Where do IFBB pros get the majority of their gear from? Is it underground labs US/Europe, US pharmacy grade, European/Asian pharmacy grade, Mexican pharmacy, or hell are there even guys buying bulk powders from china and making their own stuff?

A: It depends on how much money you have. I'll go with the three main types of pros:

1) Poor Pro: The pro depends off of handouts and UGL gear. Juice handouts. I bet that sounds weird to you guys, huh? Not to pro. Wherever I go in the world, someone wants to give me juice. Seriously. This isn't that strange, and it reminds me of something Brad Pitt or some other movie star said, "When I was poor no one wanted to give me anything, and now that I can afford anything I want, people line up to give me free shit." How that applies to bbing is that when I was small, I got ripped off. $125 for 10ml of tren. Now that I'm the biggest guy in practically any gym in the world, people line up to give me gear. I got an interesting story about David Jacobs. Look him up if the name isn't familiar. This guys ended up killing himself and his IFBB ex gf, but before all that he was a huge juice dealer, and would literally GIVE AWAY $$$$$$ of juice to any pro. He gave Quincy Taylor like 20 kits and 100 bottles one time. Ask QT. I mean, why do you think Branch and all the other guys loved to hang around him. His personality sucked. and he was a weirdo.

2) The Pro with contracts: Pharma gear from other countries & AID patients. When you have a little more money you opt for pharma grade. The UGL is so misdosed and suspicious that who wants it unless they have no other option? Bodybuilding is more popular OUTSIDE of America. Fans from other countries will send you shit, and other competitive bbers from other countries will send you shit. I have been at expos in other countries (FIBO especially) where steroid salesman hand out cards and walk around the expo with briefcases full of their wares to show off. AIDS patients get more HGH and gear than they need. Serostim is given to these guys like it's nothing and there is NO WAY that anyone that's not a bodybuilder wants to take 18ius of real HGH. It's crazy uncomfortable. The numbness alone would deter almost any sane person.

3) The Rich Bodybuilder (aka Phil/Jay/etc): This is the rarest of rare type of bber. Most of these I meet AREN'T pros! Lol. Seriously. The guys who can afford anything have rich parents or a real job type job. These guys see doctors here in the states. If you go to the right doctor, and have serious funds, you can get anything you want.

Q: I'd be interested in your typical cycles/dosages?

A: I am on 10 months a year. I take 2 off every year, and I hate those 2 months, but I feel like I have to.

In the offseason, for around 5 months a year, I take just test, HGH, and Insulin. I generally take around 2g a week of test, but when I get lazy it'll go down to 1200mg. 6ml or 2 shots. I take 6ius per day of PHARMA hgh, and I vary from 10ius of insulin up to 30ius. Oh yeah, and .5mg of arimidex EOD.

In prep mode I go heavier. I would say I am a mid-dose pro, but some might say I am high. I dunno, and I don't care. I switch compounds every four weeks, but 4 weeks might look like this:

Test cyp 1400mg
eq 1000mg
Tren Ace 75mg ED
win 50mg ED
anavar 50mg ED
proviron 100mg ED
10ius of HGH
clen
t3 50-75mcg (as high as I go)
igf1lr3 100mcg PWO
1.5mg arimidex ED

There you go. That'll mostly change every four weeks.

Q: Is g4p a common consideration for people supporting their habit in the npc/ifbb or is that common rumor that just got out of hand (like the telephone game in kindergarten)

A: G4p to me means sucking dick or some other gay act. If that's what you meant, I'd say it's very very rare in the pro ranks. There are a few guys out there that may do some dancing or posing, but is dancing or posing for a dude g4p? It's disgusting, but I don't think it's gay. Now if we are talking in really broad term, like taking pictures that are aimed to the gay community, I would say many many pros have taken such pictures.
So gay-ish for pay = many (50%+)
Actual gay act = rare (>5%)

Keep in mind I am talking about IFBB pros, and this is only my opinion. I don't go around asking the guys I compete with if they do g4p. Lol.

Q: For those 2months are you completely off? Also how long have you been cycling this way?

A: Completely off. I do a 2 week PCT, but that's it. For a long time. Since a former Mr. O told me that's what he did, and he always grew.

Thank you for the informative post hugeanon

Q: Which of the following is the most important for a bodybuilder to build a pro level physique in your opinion? Drugs, Diet & Nutrition, Genetics, or Training?

A: I won't give you the BS answer that it's a combination of the four, don't worry. To be a pro the most important of those is DRUGS. Sucks. Shitty reality, but it's the truth. You can have great genetics, eat perfect, and train like a fucking machine, but without the drugs you will never reach the top of pro bodybuilding. Sorry.

I can't tell you how many pros I have witnessed cheat on their diet. I have trained with some of the best pros of all time, and many train like pussies. Look at Dexter Jackson. I have never seen the man go to failure on one set, EVER. He's got superb genetics, and that along with drugs got him to the top. It wasn't his training and definitely wasn't his diet. Dude eats KFC a week out of the Olympia.
#1 Drugs
#2 Genetics
#3 Food
#4 Training

People won't like that training is #4 but if you have the top 3 training is less important. Food is the building block for muscle. No food = no muscle. Kai Greene trains like an idiot 75% of the year, but the guy can eat like it's no ones business. Don't mean Greene doesn't train hard, cause he does, but he does stupid shit till he's preparing for a show.

Q: Do you think in this day and age taller guys will have a heavy disadvantage when competing? Say someone around the 6'4-6'5 range?

Do you know guys who compete who have visible stretch marks? Will it hurt in judging if they did?

Do most bodybuiilders have the gland that causes gyno removed? Do any competitors compete with a mild form of gyno without surgery?

A: The taller you are the shittier you will be as a bodybuilder. The perfect height for a bodybuilder is 5'10.

Everyone has stretch marks. Some have more, some have less, but everyone has them. Judges won't care unless they are distracting. Once you have your color on, it's very difficult to notice them.

Almost all pro bodybuilders have their gyno removed at one point or another. Many competitors compete with gyno till they can afford the surgery. No one wants gyno.

Q: What's the best source to learn on cycles ... I'm already on my 3rd and want to keep growing but I'm having a hard time ... Where can I research/learn so I can make the smarter choice and preventing any bad choice ... So how did you learn? What mistakes u made on cycles that people should prevent?

A: The internet.

I learned from guys at my gym, then books, then the internet, then from the guys that write the books and article on the internet.

I can't remember all the mistakes I've made over the years, but with gear I was always good about researching stuff.

>Why do so many bodybuilders die of heart attacks?
Steroids 80%. Cocaine 20%.
Why there is an entire thread for this shit?

Q: a question on peptides, why so much igf-lr3 in your off season you said anywhere from 10-30iu's. also do you think that ghrp-6 and cjc-1295 are worth using? and if they are what kind of dosing would you recommend.

A: No, I said 10-30 units of INSULIN. Igf1-lr3 is measured in mcg. I take anywhere from 50-120mcg post workout.

I don't use any of those other peptides. I think it's stupid to take shit that will naturally have you releasing more HGH when you are actually taking the real deal exogenous HGH.

Q: What is your insulin protocol and staying lean? If Humalog isn't an option how do you recommend dosing Humalin R? 1hr pre workout?? Also what drug combination and dosage put on the most muscle for you?

A: I'm not a fan of insulin for a regular guy. I'm guessing that's you? Unless you are trying to get a pro card, leave it alone. It has the potential to make you very fat. I don't get fat because of the amount of drugs I take, and the amount of lean body mass I carry. I have had some very scary moments on insulin. Very scary. I take humalog, but I can tell FOR SURE, that some of that 10+ius can come back and hit you again later. I don't know the mechanism, or if maybe it's just formed a depot if injected in a bad spot, but I have had scary waves. I take in the correct amount of carbs, and most times I'm fine, but every once in a while I get a "wave" that comes back and hits me like a ton of bricks. Sweats, blurred vision, seeing stars. Scary shit. Hell, after talking about it, I'm not sure if it's even worth it for me! Lol. Don't do insulin, Buckeye. Stick with test. As they say, "test is best".

>Why do so many bodybuilders die of heart attacks?

Because we have more valid and well researched theory about Mars colonization than we have about bodybuilding and its the fucking wild wild west, everybody doing the gym equivalent of homeopathy and insisting its the healthiest thing ever.

Oh yeah, the dangerous as fuck and just huge amount of legal stimulants that they NEED so that they can have the energy to function like normal human beings
Can't forget the contantly elevated insulin and cray as fuck cholesterol.
That will shorten their lives too.

Q: 1. Given how highly you rank drug usage in terms of success, how openly is it discussed among pros? Does everyone know what everyone else is doing, or is it guys that are friends with one another know what each other does and that is the extent of it?
2. I hear politics get mentioned all of the time and how the 'powers that be' want a good image for the sport (that as you mentioned nobody in the mainstream cares about anyway). With that said, if the powers that be knew who you are and what you were saying on this board, what could they/ would they do? Are placings affected or sponsorships harder to get (likely in my mind if one is admitting to using illegal substances)?

A: Drugs are something we do talk about, but not specifics. I have never sat down with a group of pros and discussed cycles and dosages. Many guys get their stuff from the same people. I don't think it's too smart for me to get into detail here. I do have a few friends that are pros, and I believe they are as open with me as I am with them, but occasionally I have my doubts. Lol.

Q: Are you into the "X", pain killer, crazy party scene?

A: Sadly, it seems like most of bbing either regularly, or occasionally, does rec drugs. I'm no exception. I have had my fair share of X & GHB at clubs and after-parties. …

What shocks me is how good some of the most messed up pros are. Look at Cormier and more recently Victor. Holy shit, these guys are fucked up at every expo. At every show. Backstage before they compete. Everywhere and all the time. Imagine how good these two would have been if they were 100% focused on being the best bodybuilder possible?!

Q: 1) I see many young guys these days looking awesome and huge. How is that possible? Is it just genetics or they are taking something although they are soo young? And I'm not talking about 20yrs old boys, I mean those 17yrs old monsters.

3) And last but not least, do you think that programs like FST-7 and so on really helps natural guys in progress? Or is it just bull*hit?

A: 1) I think access to information, drugs, and nutrition is at an all time high. That said, in the 90s there were plenty of big kids walking around then too.

3) FST-7 = total bullshit. Let me explain how most of these systems work. The first step is to think of a catchy name, and a gimmicky style of training. Let's think of one now. Name------ Hyper Static Training. Check. Training----- Static hold training. Every exercise you do finish with one rep of a static hold to failure. Now I add some other complicated sound shit and make an e-book. Viola. New bullshit gimmicky training system. If you like the name, you can use that! Lol. Stick to the basics.

Q: Do you think HGH and insulin are critical ingredients for one to get a pro card?

A: Not necessarily, but most of the time, yes.

Q: SO bassically it is possible to get big without HGH and only steroids ? IS it not that the most bodybuilders take hgh because it will be much easier and faster to get big and get size but without it ,it will take a little longer?

A: Yes, I think it's possible to get very muscular on just steroids.

Q: Why one should consider taking insulin?? Can it be used by itself or is it stacked with GH or/and other steroids?? Is this the option when you want to grow from say 250+ lbs??

A: Insulin shuttles more nutrients into the muscle. It can be used with or without GH. Personally, I prefer to take it with GH. Insulin isn't required to be 250 necessarily.

Is fatty food that bad for you even in moderation?

CICO and IIFYM are what matters wrt diet

carrying too much weight for your heart is bad as every extra lb of fat or even of muscle is more miles of capillaries to pump through

"too much" is relative as natty lifting builds quality muscle in relatively small amounts, a normal guy who is natty may put on 40lbs of muscle in 5+ years of training, whereas it is nothing to put on 40lbs of FAT and many people put on hundred+ lbs of fat, and /fraud/ put on 60-80lbs+ of muscle

also read the IFBB pro report above, the drugs used have their own problems in addition to the mass put on, and the BBers use large amounts of "recreational" drugs as well

Do you just mail all that shit to yourself when you travel? Are you ever worried you'll get busted and then get charged as a dealer because you go through so much?

based big guy
i would never hop on gear bc i don't wanna be pro, but i always wondered how pro bbs did it

will add that, for a natty, carrying 20-30lbs extra of muscle mass may be just as much or more load on the heart as 20-30lbs of extra fat, BUT ...
1) the training to put on that extra muscle is also cardio training, moderate compared to running/swimming/cycling but still an elevated heart rate for extended periods which contributes to heart health
2) the extra muscle has its own benefits in regards to social status, health and resistance to disease and accident, usefulness in daily life, and decreased morbidity in old age

Have you developed the "HGH gut" commonly seen on Coleman and lots of other bbers after HGH really became popular and bbers went huge? Do you think it's from hgh or something else?

Thanks for the info user

lots of them die really early, like 30-45 is when most of these body builders die of heart attacks

It only took 2 years of doing regular cycling training of about 10 hours a week for my heart to 'become about 30-40% larger than normal" according to doctors after I had a stress test and ultrasound done on my heart for unrelated issues

Arnie’s heart is genetic though, he has some fucked valve. He held off, risking death, until the operations got better to get it fixed since the old surgeries required you to give up physical activity. I’m sure those years of extra strain didn’t do his heart any favors, plus settling into the mega rich lifestyle

>Arnie’s heart is genetic though, he has some fucked valve.

user....
Fucked valves always happens when they get on ridiculous amounts of gear.

How much of a brainlet must you be to make a thread like this?

Let's be real here, of course he's going to say it's genetic no matter what.

Why does he bother to cycle off for two months? Why does he feel like he has to? Those other 10 months are already doing so much irreparable damage to his body that the offset is effectively nil.

Not to mention the extremely elevated cell division rate.

Arnie is open about his use and problems from it

Also like that said all but 1 Mr Olympia are alive

TIL that losing muscle creates scar tissue

how many is so many? because i can only think of a handful.

It's a combination of the HGH and the insulin that does it. It's a swelling of the internal organs.