Training every 3 days

Is training simpley training every 3 days the GOAT frequency for long term gains?
Obviously as novice you can bounce back quick which makes 3x a week frequency programs like SS, GSLP, SL, etc the best but past the intermediate stage you need more time to recover.

So why not do a full body session one every three days? Would this not maximize frequency and recovery at the same time?.
FxxFxxFxxFxxF....
Would be good to hear some of your opinions on this. I started training in this fashion because of my labour job and I find that i come in to every training session 100% fresh.
for the actual lifting i cycle through different phases of lift priority.. for this month I'm proitizing heavy overhead press and squats and higher vOLume lower intensity rows and bench
Would be curious to hear some of your opinions on this

Attached: 15622024_10205749739142692_7126619720282359990_n.jpg (869x489, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17313289/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The best routine is the one you follow consistently. Even if what you're doing is sub-optimal (I think it is) you're going to get great results in the long run vs the guy with a perfect program who only trains for a few months.

The true redpill of building muscle is consistency.

At 1.5/3.5/4/4 I'm moving towards advanced in my upper body. I find I can still recover doing PPLPPxx. YMMV.

I do FxxFxxFxx... and it suits me well. But also do cyclic eating aka eating well around lifting aka 3-4 hours before and the 24 hours after and then go down to a -500 deficit. It's an experiment to find out if growing muscles and losing fat go together.

>every 3 days

why even train at all

>1.5/3.5/4/4
If consistency is the key, then allow me to ask: How long have you been training?

Attached: 1516604729801.jpg (640x640, 103K)

How long have you been training and what is ymmv?

Maintenance

I do PxPxLxPxPxLx and my arms have grown almost 3/4 of an inch since the new year. My new philosophy is recovery and hitting muscles hard enough once every 6 days(about two exercises per muscle group a session for 6 sets total).

I am growing faster and getting. Stronger than I did with an upper lower program. Each compounds is going up by at least 1-2 reps a session and I’m adding usually 5 pounds to 10 pounds every 3 weeks.

>>every 3 days
>why even train at all

do you even understand how training or muscle growth works?. every 3 days is still 2x a week frequency which is all you need for growth.
full body 2x a week for intermediate or advanced lifters is a god send, every session you're 100% recovered and make gains with ease.
you can do this and get the same frequency as some guy doing a 6 day PPLPPLx, but you get better recovery and therefore better gains

interesting

>squat on par with dl
>bench almosy same as squat
Leave poor manlet trex alone

You only need to workout once a week.
You will get gains no matter what.
you don't need to workout two times a week or do ppllpoplllppl or power lift or what have you to get or maintain gains...
You only have to overcome resistance till the muscle is tired or thinks that it needs to adapt..which doesn't take long to be honest.
that's all.

This is one of the best if you have a gym schedule not impacted by the work week

>what is ymmv?
your mileage may vary, something said on plebbit

> only need to workout once a week.
once a week isn't optimal tho
the studies have shown that even when overall weekly volume is kept the same, higher frequency leads to better growth. And from that, that a 2x per week is the most optimal

wtf no. you need less time to recover

which fucking jew is behind this new meme

>optimal

I wish this word stopped getting thrown around like confetti in regards to fitness.

Theres no such thing as optimal, theres just consistency and effort.

Anyone willing to explain "PxPxLxPxPxLx" for a Veeky Forums newb, please?

Its PPL (push pull legs) and 'x' means rest
He's splitting up a push pull legs routine with a rest between each

Push, rest, Pull, rest, Legs, rest, repeat

Push: 2-3 exercises per:
chest
triceps
front/side delts
Pull: 2-3 exercises per:
lats
Biceps
rear delts
Legs: 2-3 exercises per:
Quads
Hams
core

Thanks!

Thanks to you too!

My schedule is all over the place and I’m not tied down so I can afford to go to the gym and lift from 1130-1230am after work, i never liked going to the gym two days in a row. The second session always felt half assed and with my new routine you have a full two nights sleep to recover from your back and biceps let’s say, as opposed to an entire upper body session with lower volume given to your back, biceps, triceps, shoulders, and chest.

The way I see it you can only gain so much muscle each area probably gets a small amount of that muscle during an upper lower, whereas getting an even amount of rest during PPL you are able to give less muscle groups more time to recover, helping any sort of tendinitis and minor injuries(like the constant shoulder, knee or hip injuries I had) now I may get the odd knee pain or tendinitis in my elbow but by the time the next session rolls around it’s gone. I also have yet to deload but protocol has gone from if you fail 3x5 deload 10% and restart to hit a goal of 6-8 reps and increase at 8 reps.

Anyway it’s worked so far so I’m gonna keep at it. Helped my break through a long ass plateau.

you are fucking retarded. please off yourself

Here’s a study saying otherwise

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17313289/

>being so mad that you work extremely hard in the gym while I sit on my ass and make twice the gains you do

Attached: E7172F71-464B-4C91-B7BF-1621C55DCDDD.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

It's GOAT.

Big 3 on one day, front squat/press/cleans on the other. Throw in dips, pullups, back ext, leg raises where you feel like it.

dude, that study compared 2x a week frequency to 3x a week frequency with the same volume. I already said 2x is most optimal because beyond that there isn't much more benefit, which this study shows.

It didnt compare 1x a week frequency. So no, this study doesnt say otherwise, it actually reinforces my point

Sounds like me m8.

Honestly I just do it more like every 4-5 days. Maintaining almost2/3/3.5/4 and a sexxy builtmode, so it's cool

Attached: 1517821177154.jpg (512x512, 39K)