Can squat 230lbs for 22 reps

>can squat 230lbs for 22 reps
>looks like this (it was 2016)

Why is sticky leading us towards strength meme

Attached: alan.png (847x636, 853K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oopAtA_Q8R4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

230x22 is fucking nothing. he can squat much more since squat is the only lift he's half decent at

>Had a cousin (dont talk to him anymore).
>Would flex on us everyday and talk about how he hates the fat people.
>One day we helped him move furniture.
Holding one side of the couch (old heavy wooden couch)
>starts getting tired.
>Father carrying on the other side chuckles.
>My dad had never gone to the gym.
>Dad just works daily carrying crates (maybe twice a week).

You can look good, but you can be weak in fights & carrying weights.

Attached: sportscar.jpg (1200x675, 71K)

Ita called being natty you little twink

he looks good
i think you have body dysmorphia

Define natty ?

I'm not saying he looks bad, but c'mon sons, you know natty gym rats who look better than him yourselves

>natty = rocking the hobo look
Thanks for making that clear user.

Gym strength generally doesn't translate too well to manual jobs, fighting, etc.
You look a lot better than the workers and fighters though.

Source: My own painful experiences.

i mean if he cut a little bit and added some direct arm work he would look 2x better than the average gym rat
also someone just prefers being strong over aesthetics and i fucking respect that

What are you talking about. That guy is built like a brick shithouse.

Hes been able to squat WAYYYY more than this for a long time. He did 315 for 30 reps years ago.

I don't get what your point is? People don't go to the gym in order to fight on the street or be better at carrying wooden furniture

Sorry but your post is dumb

Because you're not supposed to continue SS after more than 6 months

i'm not entirely sure but it seemed like he was arguing in favor of thrall looking like shit because he's at least strong. he doesn't look like a roided out monster or aesthetic as hell, but the man can move shit. priority toward strength doesn't always afford someone aesthetics

he looks better than 99% of fit and prob looks like a massive lumberjack in person

Why did he mention fighting though, which has absolutely nothing to do with weightlifting or Alan Thrall as an online persona?

"You can look good but you can't fight!!!111"
I hear this so much and I never understand the logic behind it

i don't fucking know, this whole thread is dumb as fuck

How do you do something daily twice a week?

Attached: mental_algebra.png (549x591, 44K)

yeah, the "being bigger doesn't mean you can fight" may be true for bumping into someone with a combat sport background but in most cases a heavy haymaker or just a fucking lard ass going all out on you could be troubling.

Know by experience, my manlet 290lbs cousin used to work as a bouncer, now works as cheap liquor stores/open parties security, he would cough his heart out after 5 minutes of boxing sparring but in a quick street fight he would be a challenge

What the fuck are you on about

he needs to shave that fuckin gay beard

Graham looking ass

Attached: graham-fb.jpg (942x628, 56K)

>What is diet, an aspect far more important than lifting when it comes to appearance

>can squat 230lbs for 22 reps

Only that much? Hasn't he been lifting for 10 years?? I can do 40+ ffs.

this guy is so irritating

natural hormones only ie: testosterone

I'm a 500mg test-e/week natty

Attached: 1521154464200.jpg (252x252, 9K)

>doing manual jobs or training to fight will leave you better prepared for them than lifting would
Well fuck.. who’d have thought?

We're all very impressed

his stats are genuinely awful for a 10+ year lifter, he only has a following because he makes so many "beginner friendly" videos (which for the most part are good, for beginners at least)

>admire the hard work men put in at the gym
>they aren't all they could be, but still give a nod to the men who work hard
>come to Veeky Forums and see threads like this

It's easy bait to fall for, but what's really sad are the men who argue like women over aesthetics.

Attached: liftsinternally.jpg (500x280, 21K)

Grappling is a big one. I'm starting BJJ and mauy thai. Just clinch somebody, throw a knee and be done.

>he cuts and voila he looks good

dumbass

Truly a meme

>caring about squats
The state of plg

You forgot to also mention your cousin weighs 170 lbs

Not op but I have a question

How could someone who goes to tje gym improv on these things? Asking for a friend

Post your bod OP

I've done plenty of hard manual labour and gone to the gym for a couple of years now.
Someone who carries crates for 8 hours/day is going to be better than you at carrying crates, but you will be much better at it that an average person.
In my experience, with a good lifting base, in 2-3 weeks you would get the conditioning necessary to do pretty well carrying those crates.

alan thrall has a baby face with a homeless looking beard attached

why are strength chasing retards so odd looking?

if he'd cut you'd be sucking his cock in a CBT thread

He looks great, and he'd look amazing if he cut. Wtf are you talking about?

army fags are a bunch of faggots

because if stronkman sadam thrall ever decides to cut he would look amazing (bodywise).

Stronktraining gives you options. Bulking then cutting is more efficientl than lean bulking.

DYELs need not apply, please refrain from posting

Fucking embarrassing
Some of the worst genetics ever

Strongman.

youtube.com/watch?v=oopAtA_Q8R4

Insecure low test beta desperately trying to be manly and alpha

Nigga this guy looks swole af and with a high bodyfat he still has abs. Thats impressive for a natty. Show me a better looking natty as strong and as big or bigger with abs.

Attached: oldcrowbourbon175__13810__16861.1358534160.380.500.jpg (380x380, 20K)

>hating on based Alan
Never gonna make it.

You improve by getting stronger in deadlifts and farmer carries ohp helps to but mostly deads and grip strength for reps that's all manual labor is, is lifting akward shit for reps over an extended period

Am a factory worker and move 80-160lb windows 12-16hrs a day and going to the gym helped a lot more than you'd think

>I'm a 500mg test-e/week natty
That's not natty you retard.

>2018
>squatting in the squat rack

Attached: smug_anime124.jpg (640x736, 62K)

>"You can look good but you can't fight!!!111"

yeah this is such a stupid thing to say. i don't box or anything man. just want to look good and be in good health.

and i could definitely beat the shit out of a version of myself that never began lifting for sure - and i'm pretty sure i could say the same of someone who isn't at all fit (ie- not someone who trains in martial arts or somn). 6"2 200lbs

post pics/

>squatting less than your body weight for 22 reps is supposed to be impressive

lmfao what

>there are still people who don't understand that bodyfat% entirely determines how good you look after lifting for 6 months.

he would look better if cut and did more isolation. He just has a powerlifter physique

i'm a casual gym goer of 5 years

>better bench, dead and squat
>don't even do routines
>barely into fitness
>look way fucking better

it's an absolute joke poeple follow his advice

I'll try to explain to you guys why Veeky Forums hates alan so much.

First, dude has a terrible physique. But that's not all, he's also weak and tries to teach people how to do this squat or deadlift that while having terrible fucking numbers. He took 8 years to reach a 500lb deadlift while weighting 230+, and 10+ to reach a 3 plate bench.

But is just how bad of a rep this guy gives to the naturals. I can't get more angered when people tell me alan is the natty limit. It boils my blood.

Attached: 14564865_463060607197600_8429224805638602752_n.jpg (480x480, 30K)

He's not training for looks though, so why is this even a question?

eric is the greatest of all time, do not compare him to a mere mortal

nor is your point?

kek

why are thralls abs on the side of his torso?

I dont know this guy but how tall is he and how much does he weigh compared to the op pic? A lot of sometimes lean guys look good in size in photos but when you stand next to them you realize theyre small.

One of these two men has a better diet than the other. It has nothing to do with their training styles. Discuss

Whos the natty limit then faggot? Scott herman?

Attached: 1521175663258.png (605x635, 45K)

Eric kind of is though, plus he works out for hours a day everyday.
Eric is literally doing arms everyday right now. Plus all his cheat curl prs back in the day.

he's 6'1
thrall is 6

eric is 6'1/6'2 weights 230