/Fast/ - Why isn's this a thing anymore edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&feature=youtu.be [Open]

While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI [Open]

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg [Open]

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15337184/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3699483/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0273230017301265
heartlandsweeteners.com/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3856475/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I did a three day fast. On the third day my head started aching and I have been eating omad for two days. I would rather fast for one day for now.

>try adding flavor thingy to brine
>flipping through last thread
>sucralose spikes insulin levels

fuck now I have to dump this shit out don't I

Attached: mio lem.jpg (485x679, 43K)

If I do a 48 hour fast how much do I have to worry about my refeed? Also how long of fasting before hard exercise is going to be a problem?

strawpoll.me/15337184/
strawpoll.me/15337184/
strawpoll.me/15337184/
strawpoll.me/15337184/

Can I do light cardio if I got my blood drawn yesterday and I am fasting just for a day?

refund it if you arent gonna use it
its not like you cant refund it

I (22yo) used to have a pretty high resting heart rate, around 80-90 bps. but after doing alternate day fasting for a few weeks my resting heart rate is around 60 to 65. is this good?

might want to not do cardio after youve gotten blood done
also you might want to be in dry fast to regenerate blood cells

yes

Refeeding syndrome only occurs after fucking huge fasts. Your body wont even notice that you had went 2 days without food

Water fasting since tuesday and I can tell this is going well. I lost 4 kg and im still going. There's something odd I noticed. I usually sleep 7 hours and finish the day by losing about 1 kg but today, I somehow managed to get 9 hours and only lost 300 grams. Can someone explain? Do I burn more when im tired?

you spam this poll everywhere, for many days. and it only has 5 votes. lmao nobody is even fasting its like 3 people

Yes, fasting slows your heart rate down

ive been soft dry fasting for a day now because i exploded out both ends yesterday

No, your body is done with the water weight shedding, and you're losing weight at a normal pace now

so im doing OMAD and on top of that today im introducing keto, anything important i should know supplementation wise if i do keto?

i ate around 30g of carbs today and to my surprise my strength levels were just fine after fasting whole day, and eating very fat (bacon spinach and little bit of tomatoes) meal just before lifting.

It takes aw hiel to deplete body of glycogen right?

Ill wonder how ill feel tomorrow

Attached: 1484693373659.png (500x590, 19K)

So I did some fasts with 2, 4 and again 2 days. It felt bretty gud, besides hot showers and reintroducing carbs. I think I made mind, hormonal, and fat-loss gains. It surely is a nice meme. I'm gonna do 16:8 IF and some lifting, until my body tells me to do another fast.

I'm beginning to think snakeman is right, it's VERY important to post pictures. Not only does it keep you motivated but it helps to motivate others.
might be right. for those that are actually doing this lifestyle WE NEED TO POST OUR PROGRESS PICS. Crop your face out and post it. I have 4 friends that have all gone keto after seeing my weight loss. Now I just have to talk them into fasting.

posting again because there's always naysayers in these threads

Attached: woahh.jpg (1408x2700, 860K)

wow, that's some pretty substantial progress, user. Good job. what is the time frame between these pics?

What a poorly formed question. onset of significant autophagy is dependant upon getting rid of glycogen. If you're coming from carbs it takes a lot longer than starting from a keto state.

Transitioning feels shitty the first few times. That's weakness leaving the body.

Did a 48 hour fast, ate a fuckton of hashbrowns, pork, eggs and got a cheeseburger from in and out. No food coma, no lethargy, and went onto fast another 48.

what am i in for and how long it takes for it to kick in

Anyone else feeling the clouds of concupiscence scattering?

Attached: 0d4eae9ccae90c86744fb3f09bc23fed.jpg (850x400, 51K)

You looked better before

So what's considering enough to have to refeed? 5 days?

Well, I'm on nofap, but indeed it seems that fasting helps a bit, maybe due to slower metabolism.

Why are you on fit for? Not that guy but seriously. He's doing great and you're a b8ing jackass

>my fee-fees

It's obviously a joke stop being such a pussy

right around 6 months or so, started the week before halloween. first halloween I didn't have any candy, i think in my life
i miss being thicc as fuck

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
>If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
I wanna start dryfasting,74 kg here,around 14% bodyfat id say,most on the fucking belly
is this advisable?

I'm in 3 days of waterfast, my first fast so far, and my hearthrate is elevated. Is that a bad thingh?
also in my country potassium salt and supplements are banned, how fucked I am?

also wanted to add, my blood pressure normalized from always high in the skies, so that is a good thing. Also fatass. 121 kg at the start.

>eat less
>bloated
>work out
>bloated
>fast
>flat stomach
>puke
>flat stomach
Why

banana/salt water is literally not required if you're just doing OMAD right?

did you ever check for food sensibilities?

yes. it's interesting to look into potassium, tho.

I get elevated heart rate after about 60 hours. Typically goes away but it’s a bitch to try and sleep with it. My suggestion would be to go for a brisk walk or even light jog for like 20 minutes

thanks, so this is the "adrenaline rush" I've been reading about. Clears some things up.
This too shows I just have a really long way to go

>Yellow greenish stool whe I eat after fasting for three days

I've never had allergies or problems before
Puking and fasting shouldn't be solutions though

Why are you idiots always making shit so complicated? Consume nothing but water (if thirsty) or a lick of salt if blood pressure becomes too low.

Supplements do nothing. Eat fermented meats.

well, you can also develop food sensibilities.
i know that it is hipsterish, but gluten sensitivity would be a thing, also dairy. maybe try to cut of these out of your diet for about three weeks each and see if it gets better?

>gluten and lactose intolerant
Highly unlikely, if you have one you rarely have the other.

it really blows my fucking mind the lengths average Veeky Forumsizens will go to in order to blatantly ignore the METRIC TONS of evidence that fasting, intermittent or extended, is by far the best way to eat in terms of health, rate of weight loss, energy, and sateity throughout the day. if i see another cuck yammer on about “muh starvation mode” im really gonna pull a fucking nikolas cruz desu

Attached: E37CDB5D-8769-4107-9FAF-40FDD8F363F7.png (645x729, 179K)

i didn't mean both, i meant he should try cutting out first one, then the other for several weeks.
and i thought gluten sensitivity or celiac disease could actually lead to lactose intolerance?

it is the best. who claims otherwise, except the guys who got bamboozled by the sticky or coca colas favorite concept cico?

67 hours in and aiming for 240 lads.
Awwwww yea

Attached: 1504927518393.png (480x480, 392K)

any time fasting is mentioned outside of this thread (especially in /fat/) they immediately get 10 (you)s explaining muh moderashun muh starvation mode muh wreck’d metabullisum

id stop eating acid 1st and get to the point where you don't even feel thirsty in a 24h period

Fatsos looking for excuses, who would expect this.

i recently completed a 3 day fast and after two days of refeeding was on track for a 2 day fast

i got a sore throat, so i stopped just to be on the safe side

is it common to get a sore throat from fasts or do i have a cold coming up?

but how can u grow musul if u dont eat

Attached: 1514373421721.jpg (635x542, 15K)

Ive heard 10 days thrown around on here. I just drink bone broth, take supplements and try not to be carb-heavy or a pig on my first meal. Ive only gone 4 days max though because bullshit (funerals, etc) forcing me to choose between refeeding and being the fat fasting autist at the funeral

that's true. i don't even know how anybody can be that stubbornly blind to evidence.
and it angers me, because of all the fatties who suffer a lot and just don't know better bc of these assholes.
i posted a short talk by jason fung about the basics of fasting in another thread today, full of references to studies, and not even two minutes later some stupid cunt asked me to post something with studies. he didn't even watch five minutes of it. it's frustrating.

Because we don't want to die from hypokalemia.

you have 1000s of calories on you to use as fuel.

You can't really, but why would it matter? One thing at a time.
Not an issue unless you have a completely shit diet and an inclination towards overhydration

just eat raw leafs in huge salads, tale a herbal laxative or something if you want to lose weight, you needa get the shit *out of you*, dry fasting's like takin a rocket launcher to a fuckin knife fight

>tfw coworkers back you up on fasting
Feels good

>implying the fat fucks fasting on this board didnt get fat with a shitty diet

What is your diet like when you fast for 7 days? My body benefits from electrolyte supplementation. If yours doesn't, that's cool and all, but your experience doesn't speak to everyone's needs.

we're all sumo ringers here, desu

Well, on BMI I was barely overweight, but that gut is pissing me off.

Is fasting viable for people who aren’t skinnyfat cunts and actually have an appreciable amount of muscle?

whenever I fast I get light headed as fuck and can't do shit. am I just a pussy?

this
half of these threads are discussions about the necessity of electrolytes while fasting, often initiated by people who didn't even go over 48 hours. people who had shitty diets for years. and suddenly, a few grams of salt are more important than anything else.
just try it without, if you feel odd or dizzy or get headaches, add some electrolytes in. that's completely fine. it's not that hard, dammit.

Yes. Check out the growth hormone boosts.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3699483/

Maybe u need salt or k or maybe mulitvitams

I feel that way until keto kicks in. Can sometimes take up to 3 days.

My diet is mostly meat.

Mine too bro, cruciferous veggies and meat. Point is, if I don't eat for 7 days I'm not getting sodium or potassium and my body benefits from supplementation.

Too much water. The ratio of essential minerals should not shift enough to necessitate supplementation in a 7 day interval without food.

I am an alcoholic. Will it hurt my fast too much if I'm drinking beer or should I stick to liquor?

alcohol contains 7 calories per gram
you arent fasting if youre drinking alcohol
knock that shit off before you bleed to death

well dats ur not feelin gr8 and packin on muscle ez, jeffrey

Sucralose has no such spiking effect. Please see this clinical trial:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0273230017301265

>Sucralose had no effect on fasting or post-prandial glucose, insulin and C-peptide, or HbA1c.

You're good. Just listen to dieticians and not unsourced or poorly sourced Veeky Forums posts.

typical /fat/ post
>OMG guys I just cheated and ate 1500 calories over my limit I'm ruined
nigga just fast for 24 hours and you're back to normal

fasting is good for many things, even a behavioural reset regarding alcohol consumption.
and no, you can have neither beer nor any other alcoholic beverage.
on a side note: if you're not ready to get that shit under control, i'd recommend a low carb diet and a daily drink of some hot water, 3 grams of turmeric powder, 1 gram of black pepper and some coconut milk (if you don't have gall stones).
these dietary changes will at least be hepaprotective.
but i urge you to stop, user, alcohol fucks up your life without you realizing it. been there, done that.

>tfw your parents don't and they're concerned for you despite all the videos you've shown them
fuck bros i love my parents and dont want them to worry but at the same time i dont want to be a fat fuck any more

Attached: pixel feels.jpg (673x625, 21K)

power full it bro, my parents had the same concerns and when they started seeing my progress they started to also get more healthy and my dad is even gonna start a 24h fast.

No calories whatsoever.

92 of my 240. Hunger is gone, and now, I'm just coasting.

that study has been paid for by
>heartlandsweeteners.com/
that is a red flag if i've ever seen one.

there are a lot of other studies available:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3856475/
just read through the summary.
basically it's poison that offs your good gut bacteria. and spikes insulin secretion, depending on to-date unknown reasons.

Ran out of cayenne, so put 1TBSP chili powder in the snake juice today. Pretty fucking tasty, not enough capsaicin though. Getting morita, jalapeno powder, and more cayenne soon.

just be a good role model for them and do what you have to do and know is right.
i'll tell you a secret: parents do usually mean good, but they aren't perfect in any way and are basically aged adolescents with more experience,
they have insecurities and try to deal with the shit life throws at them just like everybody else. look at them this way and some mutual respect will form naturally.

If I fast for 6 days and on 7th day lift and eat a lot can I make some muscles thanks to HGH boost or not?

Attached: fasting HGH.jpg (600x322, 28K)

I did an 11 day fast, had to eat a piece of pizza on day 12 to avoid suspicions.....now 18 days later still water fasting.

I feel pretty good, and my lean body mass loss has only been about 3 kg.

post teas

Attached: 814lYQpDdNL._SL1500_.jpg (902x1500, 190K)

>I feel pretty good, and my lean body mass loss has only been about 3 kg.
Thats pretty fucking lot in one month...

Bump interesting

Attached: 1521636841856.jpg (1024x683, 133K)

At 6 foot, 265 lbs starting and 30% Body fat, I carry around a lot of muscle that wouldn't stay with me even if I lost weight the normal way.

measuring these things at home can be pretty inaccurate.

fyi fruit teas break fast.Black or green only

Lean body mass isn't just muscles...Im still a fatty but I also have a good deal of muscle...

How do I go back to training after fasting for 3-5 days?

I'm fucking weak as shit right now, I went once this week and was totally drained.

Also, how the fuck does one drink snake juice? Even 1.5g of diet salt in 1L of water makes it unbearable. I'd rather feel like shit that drink it. Can I put anything else with it?

Also, I can't chew gum while fasting can I?

Attached: 1513385544173.jpg (500x637, 107K)

I wouldn't count on it. Fasting + TKD style refeed with some simple carbs right after the workout might do it. Takes advantage of insulin for growth and nutrient transport into muscle cells.

Look up the snekmans routine, he uses fasting, scale feedback, and weight/strength optimization to enhance and cement gains