SSRI will melt your brain and ruin your dick

>SSRI will melt your brain and ruin your dick
>just think positive and go to the gym your depression will be cured
>its all in your head stop being a bitch!
Getting my Wellbutrin prescription tomorrow, can't wait to get my life back on track.
Who else take medications for depression here? How has your experience been?

Attached: VUWFVXj.png (644x573, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/depression/features/antidepressants#1
vitacure.me/blogs/news/difference-undermethylated-vs-overmethylated-symptoms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tell me how a magic pill will solve your problems.

Attached: 1521174926266.png (500x548, 428K)

I took wellbutrin for over 2 years. Quit taking it a few weeks ago and I feel beter than ever.

Friend of mine cured his depression with a tab of LSD

Stop supporting the Pharma Jew, support your local dealer now

why do people keep posting depression threads

is it seasonal??

i want to an hero too but i don't need to keep hearing about it, jesus

Been on paxil for a little more than a year now, it helps. Wellbutrin isn't an ssri though man.

It's not a cure but being on an ssri that works for you makes a difference like night and day. Don't talk about things you do not understand.

Gives me energy and motivation to do things again. I can feel my emotions and can experience life the way normies do. When you're depressed you have tunnel vision and cant seem to enjoy anything.

I tripped about 5 times last year, thats a meme

Im aware Wellbutrin is an NDRI brah, just morons think meds somehow magically make you worse.

>It's not a cure but being on an ssri that works for you makes a difference like night and day. Don't talk about things you do not understand.

Attached: 1520647663390-fit.jpg (320x400, 43K)

seething

i quite like my depression personally

More seriously not all SSRIs are affective, if you have a 23andMe/Ancestry DNA result you can upload to Promethease to check how your body responds

Said LSD fren was out on the highest dose SSRI and it wasn't helping. Got the DNA test described above and turned out he had natural resistance

>Affective

Just kill me now

Good for your friend though desu. I personally hate Acid and never want to do it again, I hope to give shrooms another ride sometime though.
Out of all those trips only 1 of them was good and memorable.

> be me
> get back injury thanks to a failed backflip
> I stop feeling the left part of my back
> They give some pills
> the box tells me to warn somebody if I start feeling suicidal
> wtf
> turns out the pills can also be used to treat depression
> all the possible side effects in the world are listed in the box
> get a virus
> think it's because of the pills, stop taking them
> still feeling like shit
> then I read that stopping the treatment suddenly is dangerous
> keep dying
> finally discover about the virus and get better

fuck depression pills

Came off an SSRI 4 months ago. Brain is fine, dick comes and goes - I'm also a serial masturbator so that could be part of it. I can get it up always but I sometimes have a hard time finishing during sex, but a good beej gets me right. Plus the life gains from getting past my depression are more than worth it. Good luck, OP.

Attached: XLk9u3n2vXjgwPkbkpMyelomnXmQXFxKKVb_dMRa_jE.jpg (750x710, 117K)

I do not think they are a good idea for overweight people.

Cut 40lb, went on pills, gained 60.

Cut 50 now. Feels fucking great. Pills might've helped.

That would require me to identify all of my problems and there is a 2000 character limit.

>Musician all my early life
>Don't listen to music for like 8 years
>Start magic pills
>Listen to music again
>I start fucking humming again which doesn't sound like much but it feels fucking great

>Don't go outside if I can avoid it for 5+ years
>Start magic pills
>Voluntarily go outside for fun

>Push away friends and generally do a 180 from 'shirt off my back' to 'fuck off' and active avoidance
>Start magic pills
>Want to reconnect with friends I told to fuck off
>Voluntarily repairing (some) old friendships

>All this steadily increases over a period of 4 months in which I increase my dosage every two weeks (by 700%)
>New doctor puts me on more magic pills
>Actual motivation to improve life
>Honestly didn't even know what it felt like to mentally improve until age 25

I try, now. No more roadblocks in my brain.
I don't really need you to understand but it sure would be nice if you did. I'm learning to be responsible after 8 years of constant depression and irresponsibility. I am no longer a slave to impulse or emotion.

Attached: 1500087252353.jpg (240x280, 18K)

>get depressed
>take drugs that alter brain chemistry
>feel great
>skepticsbtfo.avi
Of course pills will make you feel better, retards. You can also cure anxiety with weed in the same way
The question is whether depending on pharma to feel good for the rest of your life is a good thing

It doesn't actually make you feel better though.
It just blocks the depression from doing it's thing
The long term effects are worse then the depression itself and people who are on those drugs sometimes become suicidal and psychotic.

The body makes us depressed for a reason. To protect us from ourselves.

Another cookie-cutter millenial with "muh depression!"

Grow up bitch

>You can also cure anxiety with weed in the same way
No you can't. How long have you smoked? Weed just deadens the impact of anxiety and replaces it with paranoia. It doesn't make you want to fix whatever is causing your anxiety. And in the case that there's no external cause, it's better to use things that aren't largely illegal (and cheaper). You don't depend on it forever. I have no idea where you got that idea.
>webmd.com/depression/features/antidepressants#1
>webmd

Did you use mushrooms or LSD? I have a few friends that trip and they've told me that the experiences on both are totally different. LSD= weird, intense, and cerebral. Mushrooms= spiritual and cathartic. I don't know if it's just a meme but several people have independently told me the same thing.

>Was on anti depressants for nearly 10 years
>Some them made me worse. Most made me feel like a zombie in a constant "middle ground" mind
>Depression and anxiety barely improved
>Put on nearly 60 lbs in 4 years
>Decide to get fit after seeing a photo of myself from a wedding at 240 lbs and feeling disgusted
>Start eating clean, eliminating sugary junk and replacing a few meals with protein shakes
>Weight falling off rapidly
>Eventually get into heavy compounds and HIIT
>Weight falling even faster and mood goes up dramatically
>Get off meds completely and go cold turkey
>Develop two seizures in 3 months while going through hell fighting withdrawals from benzos and SNRIs
>Finally get off of them for good
>Went from 30% body fat to 12%. Both mind and body are the best they have ever been

(((Antidepressants))) are the biggest scam ever.

I thought fit was dealing with faggots from /pol/ infiltrating. What's up with all these Scientologists saying Xenu is the answer to your depression and to ignore science and medicine?

t. Dr. Noseburg

I used LSD all last year. Your friends are completely spot on in describing the trips.
I felt amazing after taking Shrooms, like I was one with earth. One thing I can vouch for is both drugs helped with my OCD a lot

Not that user, but I've done both and all that is fairly accurate.
LSD gave me some tools to fight depression. Not literally, obviously, but through introspection and critical analysis I was able to modify behaviors that were relative to me. Sounds stupid, when I reread that sentence but it's the best way I can describe it in two minutes.
Mushrooms just straight up reset my brain for a short period of time.
This sounds stupid when I review it for mistakes. I hate hippies who write about this shit because it's never entirely accurate. Whatever; it is what it is. I felt like responding so I'm the dumb hippie, today. I'm sober, now, fyi. Don't know if that colors your perception of my drivel.

user....
We're not ignorant housewives or half retarded couch surfers who're burnt out from the days efforts.

We all talk and think about all forms of fitness, including mental.
Pills are a poor and temporary cure for the malady known as depression.
We have people who have experience with it, intelligent people who study it, and many who are able to openly talk about what they do and are.

Go shill mindless consumption of pharmacy drugs on primetime television.

Broscience has always been Veeky Forums. This isn't new.

Broscience is still science you fucking retard. Just because some fucking nerd hasn't done a study on something because shekelberg didn't pay him to doesn't mean its not true

kek
>works on my machine :^)

>he drank the pharma-medical-industrial-complex kool-aid
It will melt your brain, it will ruin your dick, and you'll be on the shit for the REST OF YOUR LIFE because it's just a crutch. You need COGNITIVE THERAPY, so you can learn to deal with your shit instead of running away from it all and becoming a drug addict to 'cope'.

Or you can be a dumb faggot the rest of your life, having to buy pills forever, that WILL fry your brain. After a couple years you'll never be the same again -- and you'll KNOW you're not the same, and it will bug you FOREVER -- and in the end you'll probably kill yourself anyway.

Stop now while you still can.

I agree that pills alone are a bad treatment. But immediately dismissing them as a treatment tool is just as dumb as swearing that they are secret deep state poison.

It's a well-known fact that back in the 90's pharmaceutical companies started pushing SSRIs, and HMOs got on board right away because shoving pills down someone's throat is much cheaper than talk therapy, regardless of talk therapy being a better long-term solution. That hasn't changed. Health insurance companies would rather you took a pill than pay a therapist to help you work through your problems and learn to deal with the shit life throws at you. Never mind that it's not good in the long term for your neurological health, they don't care, people take their Happy Pills and seem okay so they call it a 'cure' and leave it at that -- and go laughing all the way to the bank.

By the way we see the same pattern with opioids today.

The combination of lifting and an SNRI fixed pretty much 50% of my issues. I'm still a retard autist tho

I bet you don't believe in vaccines and think the world is flat too

Attached: vO7lRZ7.jpg.png (621x702, 56K)

Did you know that they actually made it legal to give young children oxy now?

I'm serious.
Get them while they're young I guess.

Not disagreeing with you. The insurance industry is a fucking vampire that grows fat on human suffering. But as part of a therapy regimen pills can help. Especially in severe or acute cases of depression, it gives the brain a chance to be able to learn the strategies and lessons you get from cognitive therapy. Depression being treated with just pills is like treating a compound fracture with just an ace bandage and a can do spirit.

That's only for kids with terminal cancer

Drug companies trying to get you hooked on their pills are totally the same as vaccines. Looks like anti depressants really do fry up your brain

Are you one of the idiots who thinks you have to take them forever?
You don't.

this
brainlet

Took Effexor for a while in my youth. It made me lose a sense of linear time. Strange sensation when every day is one compressed jumble. Royally fucked my metabolism too.

>It made me lose a sense of linear time
elaborate

Felt like a drone, didn't have any desire to do anything but jog at a slowish pace for hours at a time. Didn't eat, never felt hungry. Didn't study, never felt like I was learning anything. Didn't pay vidya, was always bored 15 minutes in. Just went to the local high school track and jogged from sun overhead to sun set. Nothing was in my head when I ran, nothing was in front of my eyes, every second I experienced was the only second that existed in the universe. I never felt more alive than when running, but I never felt closer to being dead and in purgatory. I was auschwitz mode when the doctor gave me a 5150 for being anorexic. They pumped me with amps because I told them the truth about how I felt, they thought it was adhd. Got off everything when I turned 21 and everything's been shit since. I just want to run and for it to be like it was before, but it's not the same.

Middle school dropout because of anxiety and suffered from chronic depression for 8 years.

Consistent weightlifting, cardio, marijuana, ashwagandha(ksm66) and four heavy salvia trips completely cured it all. I went from not being able to leave the house to take the trash to the curb to holding down a full time job, contracting my own freelance work, getting my driver's license, dating someone for 3 years and making it through what I always thought would be a life ending breakup.

Vehemently against prescription medication and happy to say that the natural alternatives worked for me. They might not work for you and there's nothing wrong with taking prescription medication for your depression, but don't imply that old fashioned "just do it" works.

Attached: 1518394323839.jpg (1024x1024, 92K)

Took SSRIs briefly and it fucked with me pretty seriously.
A lot of it is in your head though, depending on medication is not a healthy solution.

Can you really be this dumb?

LSD feels like just your brain but under a microscope of x1000. A tiny bit of joy becomes euphoria, a slightly uncomfortable feeling (like you get with a dead space in conversation) becomes full blown anxiety, something that catches your eye on a billboard is a sign specifically put up for you to see in that exact moment and you just have to figure out what it means because why would it be there for no reason, etc. You get lost in your own headspace really easily, so that's why a lot of people dislike it. Shrooms is like being taken by your hand and walked through a place. Idk how better to describe it, but my personality makes it so I love L and hate shrooms.

If you know what your problems are but don't know how to fix it, take L. If you don't know what your problems are, take Shrooms. If you are predisposed to mental illness/have blood family that has mental illness, tread very carefully.

My siblings beat the shit out of me steady since I was four, made me so terrified I pissed the bed until I was twelve. The nmy dad killed himself a few days before my sixteenth birthday. I scrubbed his piss off the garage floor while all my siblings were inside boo hooing as if they gave a shit. I don't even drink lol you all are pussies.

Wellbutrin does nothing for me, other than help with my cigarette cravings. Venlafaxine, on the other hand, works quite well for me

>I pissed the bed until I was twelve
>I scrubbed his piss off the garage floor while all my siblings were inside boo hooing
They left it for the person with the most experience.

Took me 3 meds to find the one that worked for me, only took a couple suicide attempts. Don't take it anymore since I've got my diet and exercise on track and feel best without it now. Still, there are people who need it despite having good diet and exercise. Hope you find your happiness OP.

drug addicts get the rope

haha youre so self conscious, aren't those drugs meant to stop you caring what other people think

>>>/fraud/

>SSRI will melt your brain and ruin your dick
>just think positive and go to the gym your depression will be cured
>its all in your head stop being a bitch!
perfect you just forgot
>eat psychs and stop being a pussy

did you have anxiety since you were young, or you developed it?

kek

good thing it keeps effect in your system for over a month after discontinuation.

Lol BTFO

Attached: 1521169793076.jpg (660x525, 62K)

Clean ur room and drink more water

Attached: AFA4E140-3FE2-448D-8AD9-07D3378B580F.jpg (800x800, 123K)

Since preschool, mom would have to take me every day before the other kids got there because I couldn't walk in to the full classroom or get on the bus.

they do; I think you misinterpreted something
that, or I couldn't convey the message properly
you're right, though
everything is relative

It took me way too long to realize this was a b8 thread. I need to go back to lurking.

what age were you when you cured it, im 21, have had anxiety my whole life that i can remember, seem to be stuck in an endless loop of not being able to work or study becaused too anxious to have daily responsibilities, then feeling crap when im at home all day being useless because ive worked hard on all my other goals and achieved them (goal body from 3 years of lifting, see friends often, decent sex life, meditating daily ect.) literally just dont know where to go from here life feels completely stagnant because have no more realistic goals to achieve and i know finding work or going to uni right now would send me back to depression like usual, also smoke weed heavily but stop for a day sometimes because i can feel when it starts giving me bad effects, looking to try mushrooms this winter too (aus)

I actually wanted to discuss mental health and medication user

Was 22 when it really started turning around. Got declined for SSI benefits and relationship ended.

>life feels completely stagnant because have no more realistic goals to achieve
Time for unrealistic goals then. Goals really drive your life.

>i know finding work or going to uni right now would send me back to depression like usual
I was fortunate enough to live with my parents who never pressured me to find a job out of my comfort zone. I found a great job walking dogs, then eventually trained to groom them. The pay was abysmal but it bought me supplements and a home gym and it was something to look forward to every day. Going back to school seems impossibly daunting for me, even trade school, but that's because I'm very uneducated.

Find a goal, make a new hobby that you can make money from at home, collaborate with friends, find low stress side jobs for travel money or satisfaction. Pretty generic advice but I really think chasing what's seemingly impossible is the way to find things that are possible.

Here's the thing with anti depressants. They work, but people don't use them effectively and doctors don't prescribe them correctly. They are supposed to be used in conjunction with cognitive therapy, and only on the short term. When you're depressed, whether from a long string of shit luck and bad things happening, or from a genetic predisposition in your brain's chemistry, it's hard to fix the things that are depressing you, as you well, do what depressed people do; nothing or very little of anything conducive to your own betterment.

Antidepressants are used to lift you up enough to be able to function and start making the changes that cognitive therapy give you the tools to do. Once you develop the necessary emotional tools to deal with things, you then start learning to deal with the issues that plague you, whether it's learning to cope with the things you can't fix (death of loved ones and shit) or do what's necessary to change the things you can (fat, shit job, shit at school, no friends, etc.). It is once you are on the right path that you are supposed to ween off the happy pills and start standing on your own two feet.

People always want an easy fix, but there isn't always one to take. You can't half ass everything. Why else do you think you got where you are?

Attached: 1448949053823.jpg (500x652, 53K)

If that's true, you went about it in a poor manner.

Its what the thread devolves into anyways, minus well get it out the way

thanks for the motivation man, helps to hear from people who have actually got through it and made it, probably do need to get a really low stress job and just see how it goes

have fun with a constant static perseverating over your life while on them, and have fun finding a sex drive.... and if you do have fun trying to orgasm... and if you do have fun with it being lackluster

saved

I've thought about trying CBD oil to treat my anxiety because I'm wary about going on Celexa, Lexapro, etc just because I worry about the effects of SSRIs long term

Anyone have any experience with using it?

every time i see this pic im reminded that i can't be mad about being fucking manic depressive at all, thanks God

Came to post this but thx this is the truth. Get on them pills and be ready to have a rubber dick, but once you start nutting again you'll nut like never before

on the contrary, LSD caused my depression

Attached: 1476165684589.png (200x194, 21K)

trucc

You need to treat depression as an inflammation problem. Inflammation ramps up the default mode network which is responsible for introspective thought and lack of identification with the outside world.

Trigger natural inflammatory cycles with things like the sauna, HIIT, and hot yoga. These things initially cause a neurological inflammatory response to the immediate environment. But after an hour or two the homeostatic response is to release natural anti-inflammatory signaling molecules.

There are some side effects to SSRI's, and they are not for everyone. SSRI's may of course help if serotonin is low. According to "WRI," about 38% of depressives have lower than normal levels of serotonin, and that is why they tend to get depressed. In this case, SSRI's may help but still have side effects. In this case, other alternatives like nutritive support for underlying imbalances causing the problem can be at least as effective. Given to the wrong people, however, SSRI's can have fatal consequences (read the PDF "A Proposal for Prevention of School Shootings" - not directly related to this article of course but...): vitacure.me/blogs/news/difference-undermethylated-vs-overmethylated-symptoms

STOP GETTING LEUKAEMIA JUST STOP IT, WALK IT OFF PUSSY!

>the long term effects are worse than the depression itself

Blanket statements like these mean you've never had real anxiety. My social anxiety (which came out of nowhere) became so bad that i literally could not face another human without an overwhelming desire to run out of the room, which i had to do many times. It interfered with my work to the point where i almost lost my job, and a low dose of paxil was the only thing that eventually took the edge off.

The "long term effects" of untreated depression in my case would have been unpaid student loans, a defaulted mortgage, a kid with an unemployed dad. So yeah, i'll take 6 months of ED and some brain fog, both of which are going away as i taper my dose. Thanks.

Daily reminder just about every mass shooting event has one thing in common and it's not guns

Attached: 1521795296391.jpg (640x590, 99K)

Tell me more.

If you want to take something for depression it's called test enanthate

Disease model regarding mental health no personal responsibility

Attached: 1521686839220.png (488x463, 28K)

I took Citalopram for a while and it felt like it did something but I just kinda quit for a while and honestly it doesn’t feel much different so I’m convinced that a lot of it’s benefits are a placebo effect desu.

Cbd does nothing for anxiety I think. I took it for insomnia but made it worse.

>I got an injury
>Started taking pills for depression
>Got sick
>Took medication improperly and stopped suddenly

You sound like a fucking idiot, it's not the medications fault that you got sick and obviously meds don't work if you don't stay on them.

it's called the placebo effect
people act cured because they expect to be cured

by fixing the chemical imbalances in your brain, therefore allowing you handle the situation like a mentally healthy person would.
t. took medication for ADHD and my memory disorder after years of being told to "just try harder". Even my personality changed and I was able to get back on track.

Short answer: psychotherapy is the best form of treatment for basically every mental disorder including depression and if you're not getting mental treatment alongside that drug it'll just be a crutch.

t.senior in psych

>roll citalopram
>wake up paralyzed the first few weeks, takes about 30 mins to get up due to confusion
>develop drinking habit to feel anything at all
>fuck a slut completely silly for an hour because I can't cum and general disinterest
>disinterest and drunken stupor is hiding my autismo
>somehow land a cute
>not sad any more, stop pills
>stop drinking
>get my shit together
>comple my education and make dosh
>still with gf 5 years later, life is pretty good
good end senpai

>>somehow land a cute
fucking how?

> One thing ties them together
> Not Guns
> Mass shootings
> Apparantly guns don’t feature in all mass shootings

It doesn't. It attempts to balance out chemicals in your brain, so you can feel normal and motivated to figure out what's gotten you in a rut. Then you discontinue the drug if you've figured out some solace and can cope/improve without their assistance. These drugs are not meant to be permanent. They are a means to an end.

It can be very seasonal, yes. It's effects vary.

lost it

>and i know finding work or going to uni right now would send me back to depression like usual,
have you tried studying something at your own pace? something you might be able to turn into a career or maybe just a language.

that would teach your brain how to study again, your life would not feel stagnant and you could just quit if you get depressed. you would get confidence and discipline.

out of curiosity: how do you have a sex life as a NEET? what do you tell people that you do all day?

damn son.