SUMMER /CUTTING/ GENERAL

>1.5 hrs on the elliptical edition.

tfw burn 1260 calories every morning.
tfw can eat like a king and still remain in a deficit.
tfw brainlets starve themselves for abs, while I abuse low intensity steady state cardio for easy shredz.

Attached: jacked-pepe-2566039.png (500x559, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

HIIT or LISS for preserving muscles? I already eat at a deficit but want to add some cardio to my routine to speed this bitch up.

I think the muscle loss is non existent as long as you hit your protein/calorie goals and do enough heavy lifting.

LISS is better for a cut in my experience because it doesn't interfere with training and you can do it as much as you can handle

>MFW gaining fat on deficit but losing weight

Attached: 1521559432404.jpg (1080x1516, 169K)

6lbs from my goal. Keep going Lads

Attached: 6A7CFE5D-0BF7-4F42-9F2A-0DCA2BF2245C.jpg (1500x1500, 316K)

I think this is correct, and I both run daily and lift heavy triweekly. People freak when you try to tell them that though.

>lift 4 days for 1.5 hours
>swim 4 days for 1-1.5 hours
>cut at 2500 kcal @ 5'10 145 lbs with minimal muscle loss
EZ mode

Attached: 1429572567760.png (175x240, 68K)

Sup guys. Newfag here, to Veeky Forums at least.

I'm 5'9" 205, and have some pretty good definition in my shoulders and arms. My core is in horrific shape, though, and I'm somewhere on the border of having a visible gut. I also have cellulite ass. No, I won't post it.

I started jogging about 6-8 months ago. I can run 2 miles in about 25 minutes, but it completely zaps me of energy. I try to mix it in with lifts and am more consistent now than at any other point in my life, which is good.

My diet is dogshit, though. MyFitnessPal is telling me that someone with my stats should max out at 1650 calories/day in order to lose 2 lbs a week.

Any advice/things to focus on to prioritize losing fat and weight? I've had lovehandles and diaper ass most of my life, and I'm sick of it.

Need some cutting experts.

Attached: 1515798171677.jpg (400x300, 30K)

And apologies in advance for reddit spacing

>5’9” 205

You’re fat as hell mate.

According to BMI, yeah, but I've always worn it pretty well. Grew up lifting weights and playing football and got compliments all the time, even though my lower body is in shit shape.

Thanks for the input, though.

Attached: 1515784368582.jpg (190x256, 8K)

elliptical is superior form of cardio. Discuss your favorite method of cardio

reply to this post to shred twice as much fat for the next week.

Post your "in shape" upper body

muscle loss only happens because cardio drains your energy and you cant lift as much. maybe if you over train you can raise your cortisol and then you will lose your gains

I understand what you're doing, but I didn't come in here with the intention of posting anything. I'm not in denial about needing to be in better shape, that's why I'm here seeking help and general advice. I was just making a point that I'm not unfamiliar with lifting and I'm not so far gone as to be featured on My 600lb Life any time soon.

Attached: 1515782131718.jpg (889x873, 127K)

run outside, cardio inside fries my brain

halfway into a 3 week sub 800 cal a day + cardio crash diet

weight is falling off

fucking kek. Man fat fucks always say how they hold it well but look like fucking garbage.

drink a shit ton of water. black coffee/tea are a godsend. Intermittent fasting if you can handle it. IIFYM (if it fits your macros) is a meme, you'll see much better results and be more satisfied if you eat clean. Find shit you like and just stick to it. I ate the same meals more or less for a year straight. Avoid sugar like the plague.

Attached: 1451708027766.jpg (1126x1001, 468K)

I can cop to the fact that I would look pretty terrible in comparison to a majority of this board, yes.

That said, I appreciate the advice. Water and black coffee are my go to's and I've at least replaced soda with diet, although I read mixed reports on how good that is.

I've tried IIFYM in the past and that has led to little results, if any, so I'm inclined to agree with you. Even with changes in my lifestyle, I think my diet is what's killing me. I'm addicted to fast food, and I'm not joking.

Appreciate the help

Attached: 1515771802004.png (800x590, 218K)

are you related to Jason Blaha?

I have been loosing 1-2 lbs/week for the past two months and am now at my goal weight of 189 which means I am no longer "overweight" I have abs starting to show and am happy with my weight but would like to be this weight with a better muscle to bodyfat ratio. Where do you think I should go from here? Bulk or cut?

Yeah bud willing to bet you look like a linebacker, but you need to cut. A 12 minute mile is not good enough, either.
Step 1 - MFP blows. Use a few calculators to determine your sedentary TDEE and deduct 500 from it. Do this every five pounds.
Step 2 - Pick a program that doesn't suck and do cardio too. Be sure to eat and rest sufficiently.
Step 3 - Weigh in daily. Adjust food and water intake as needed. Be consistent about how and when you weigh in. Log that shit. Set small goal weights (like 200-190, not 200-170. You'll get discouraged.
Step 4 - Learn to love black coffee and other appetite suppressants. Consider an ECA stack.
Step 5 - Meal prep. Sunday night make five breakfasts and five lunches. Eat only that and have whatever dinner you like to hit your calorie/protein goal. If you have to go out, insist it's somewhere with a nutrition menu you can get in your phone and plan your meal ahead of time.
Step 6 - Don't drink.

t. 250 -> 190 in six months on nSuns, ECA, and calorie deficit. Hit 1/2/3/4 this morning after starting at 45/45/45/135. Ran 3 miles in 25 minutes this morning after chest day.

i walked into my kitchen and saw one of those playdough sugar cookies sitting on the counter. i almost ate one but i walked away before i could open the box. i’m going to make it

This is great, I saved it in a text file. Thank you, dude.

no but I’ve gotten that comparison a few times. Sad! oh well some day I will be lean for real and nobody will think I’m that fat fuck

>According to BMI,

Do not kid yourself... your fucking FAT

Attached: BMI_Hazard_Chart.jpg (759x1050, 255K)

how does MFP blow? it makes it easy as shit to count macros and micros. Big database. Also makes recording easy.

See

Absolutely. I'm no guru... Just a guy who finally dialed in his shit and had success.

I should caution you though... I'm able to do this because I have mental issues. I have to channel my efforts into something worthwhile (school, work, gym, whatever) or I get a ton of invasive thoughts, can't sleep, etc etc. You should feel free to moderate or modify this as needed. Not everyone needs to/can do 2-3 hours a day at the gym or plan out their meals like a crazy person. The no drinking/no dining out has cost me friends and created issues at work. Everything in moderation? Just because I say "fuck that" doesn't mean everyone should.

Take care of yourself, dial in your workouts and diet, set realistic goals, and be patient and diligent, and you will get to where you want to be.

He means the MFP estimate of your calorie goal blows. Calculate your goal outside of MFP and just enter it in as your desired number

This chart says that for healthy non smokers you want your BMI to be just below 23 for maximum life.

Having an extra 1.5 hours to waste every day sure is an accomplishment

u went from just the bar to 1/2/3/4 in half a year?

>1h30 on the elliptical

If I were you I'd up the intensity and do 45mins instead

Bro, you're fat af with that statline

You need to def eat at a deficit and do some form of cardio 4-6 times a week (as much as you can handle w/o overtraining)

Also, a 12:30 mile is absolute trash tier.

I would suggest looking into intermittent fasting. That is how I lost my beer weight. Good luck, don't quit.

It's not an issue. A borderline obsession with self-improvement is the only thing keeping me from an heroing. From what I've read, we're very similar. I've always had bad wind, even when I was in athletics and working out 5 days a week. That's the whole reason I started running again, to sort of conquer this phobia of cardiovascular extertion, as well as the severe levels of doubt I've always felt in myself.

I'd kill to be able to run 3 miles in 25 minutes. Hell, I'd kill to run 2 in 25 and not feel like I was on death's door and lying in the ditch next to the street by the end of it. No pain, no gain, I guess, but it's more like torture. I hope it gets easier with a stricter diet. Like I said, I think diet is at the heart of it all and that has more to do with habit and convenience and something psychological versus something physical.

Excellent advice. Congrats on the weight loss!

>1.5 hrs on the elliptical edition.

I'd rather blow my brains out, I do HIIT for less than half the time and it works very well for me. But yeah don't know why idiots think the bulk/cut life is the only way to go.

Do you think I should cut out lifting altogether? Should I mix something like kettlebells with running?

I'm 18, 107kg, 180cm tall.

Been lifting a long ass time, but still around 25% bodyfat if I had to give an uneducated guess.

I desperately need to cut down to help with my running for the army, a mile knocks the ever loving shit out of me. Back when I was 85kg a mile felt like nothing.

I've not got long left until my fitness exams and I was thinking of doing keto.

Can anyone advice me on meal ideas? I always have Bacon and eggs and black coffee in the mornings regardless so I have that sorted out.

But main meal ideas are appreciated.
Or if you know a quicker way for me to lean out.

>12:30 is absolute trash tier

Additionally, is it worth running at all if I run so slow? I mean, it's fucking hard. i'm dying at the end.

I don't have gym access and won't for the foreseeable future.

No you should eat less

Will do. Thanks!

any advice on finding a good workout program?

you fucking cowards
you idiots are already cutting, when in fact BIG NIGGA SEASON has only just started
>mfw gonna undergo the dirtiest bulk until mid-summer (or when i hit 0.9/1.5/2.5/3) then fast all the lard off in 2-3 weeks, getting fucking disgustingly shredded before i move to uni
enjoy ur 500 calorie deficits and losing .5 pounds of fat a week nerds lmao

Attached: bignibbbba.jpg (800x450, 136K)

Do you also have scoliosis? Or is your belly hair just not straight

Hair isn’t straight. Will probably shave it off and get a tan when I reach my goal

>gets fat
>loses will to cut because so fat
>depressed
>does shit in uni
>drops out
>becomes bum

I can dream.

What?! No! Jesus. Just make sure you get enough protein, fuck.
Step 1 - GET YOUR DIET UNDER CONTROL
Step 2 - Follow an established routine & lift with good form and intensity
Step 3 - Find cardio you "enjoy" (lul) and perform this 4-6 times / week

You cannot fail if you do these three things. Also, I would suggest to integrate core, flexibility (light), and mobility/foam rolling into the mix here, but that is all icing @ this point.

How much more weight does everyone in this thread want to lose (realistically) by June? I think I could stand to lose 10-15 pounds but even 5-7 would make me happy.

Bro, I was lightly roasting you. I applaud your efforts. Never quit.
Running, provided you aren't autistic and destroying your knees/joints with bad form, is a healthy activity. Keep going!
We all start somewhere and if you can muster a 12 minute mile--perfectly fine, just keep working at it and YOU WILL IMPROVE.
Quitting will ensure you never get quicker.

I swear by Wendler 531 for lifting. I cannot say enough good shit about this program. Make sure you do the BBB (boring but big) @ the end of the session.

Thank you!

Of course. I think I've gotten enough information from this thread, roasts include, to be able to make some real progress. I'm fairly confident that I tried to outwork my shitty diet, which I'm not capable of desu.

Mouth > Exercise
I struggle with it too brah
I fucking LOVE beer
Good luck, get ripped.

Glycogen stores are also pretty low, especially on a low-carb diet

Feels good cutting at 2750-3000 calories, it's like a refreshment from 4000+ calorie bulk.

Go outside and run, humans were built to run. Don't run on your fucking heels and you will be fine.

Yes. Well, 187 days to be exact.
You will get there. The trick is to not get down in yourself if you aren't there tomorrow. Diligence, hard work, mindfulness, and patience are the keys to victory in this game. Remember that however long it took you to get to your current state, it will take half as long to get back to where you were.
I was running ICF but didn't think it has enough volume. Switched to nSuns 6-day and have had tremendous results, both in terms of gains and weight loss. It was designed to be run on a cut, so for me it's optimal.
Yes. But don't be afraid to mix in the elliptical, swimming, and the bike as well. Shit even (especially) the rower is great.

> inb4 Reddit is for faggots and liberal tranny SJW shitskins.
They actually have several good program options on the sidebar of /r/fitness. Have a look and ask any questions you might have. The vibe there, while not perfect, is considerably less toxic and echo-chambery than the one here.

Bumping for summer shredz

ICF? what is that, and would you mind sharing?

Jason Blaha's Ice Cream Fitness 5x5? AB beginner/linear routine. Not enough deadlifting or volume imo (hence my switch to nSuns), but here's a link:
muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout

I used to be able to do 4-6 miles a day easily, honestly don't know how because when I try that shit nowadays I get bored as shit before the 2 mile mark. Only thing I can actually do now cardio wise is a competitive 800m/1600m. Was going through shit back then so i had the mental fortitude but not anymore

LISS for me. I do high volume on my cuts (reps typically 5-8 but increasing numbers of sets as the cut begins to fight back) and HIIT like sprints is too fatiguing for my volume squats, good mornings and deadlift variations to be done with effective loads.

HIIT is GOAT for people not training hard. I'd do HIIT in a heartbeat if it fit into my training properly, but it doesn't, so i must make do with LISS.

>tfw drank too much coffee for a stomach this empty
not feeling good lads

I also mean that the data on MFP is crowdsourced, so any and every fuckwit can enter whatever the fuck they like, and it shows up in your search results. I made a meatloaf recipe, and the recipe parser added milk with zero calories. Does that seem logical? No. Some mong fatfingered the data entry and fucked everyone who isn't careful. Keep an Excel file or something instead.

>Keep an Excel file or something instead
this

i spent half an hour logging the macros and calories of the foods i eat into excel and made a diet out of it. i find it 100x easier to create a diet and stick to it without having to log every last fucking thing i eat on a constant basis and trying to work out what i can and can't have each time i eat something.

It also says that the general population are healthier than non-smokers if both are fat?

How do i get a fat ass for summer?
Male btw

Attached: 1521764985619.jpg (630x452, 118K)

post current ass and ill tell you

squats and oats

>Trying to cut off of chicken sandwiches and bananas
Kill me

Attached: 1513880795120.png (121x185, 34K)

>paused deadlifts for set of 6-8, pause just off the floor
>get strong at low bar squats
>ATG high bar or front squats with stance shoulder width or wider
>sumo deadlifts
this will build some serious ass. tread lightly.

>eating salad everyday for lunch

I'm so fucking bored of this, give me some bananas.

Attached: 1285_665083176852420_2064436157_n_grande.jpg (516x384, 30K)

Plz tell that’s not big Lenny

>tfw hungry as fuck and all i can think about is indian food
>in 25 minutes i have to eat cottage cheese, oats with water, an egg and a carrot

Attached: 1511744438770.jpg (387x461, 21K)

Thanks
I got a small baby butt

Attached: Capture+_2018-03-23-18-33-01.png (720x1193, 1022K)

ok

How fast do you go on the elliptical? I want to try this next time but I'm not sure what speed to go.

I do boxing (shadow and hitting a bag) for like 2 hours a day

I like the elliptical too

elliptical sucks to me, it's so laborious and feels inefficient as fuck.

what i do is go outside and run at varying speeds. no two runs are the same. it's a weird blend of HIIT and LISS, running around the streets. i never do the same thing twice so it doesn't become monotonous.

I'm trying to have 2 cardio sessions per week separate from the days I do weights.
Any suggestions to not lose strength while cutting?
Also how many times per week do yo do cardio?

pls give cutting recipes. I'm broke and a shitty cook, so preferable stuff that is cheap and easy

you're fucked man you look like Jason Blaha it's over haha

like current size? recomp
want more muscle mass? lean bulk

I researched all my foods or used the nutritional info printed and loaded them on MFP.
When designing new diets, i use excel. Also use Cronometer for micros.

On a side note, when is better to add 30m cardio sessions if I work out in the afternoon?
Fasted at 6am?
Between training and post workout meal?
After dinner but 2-3h before bed time?
Don't really have any "rest" day available.

>tfw slowly losing fat in my face but scared i'm cutting into muscle

fell for the bulking meme again :C

Attached: Screenshot_3.png (1426x731, 1.14M)

yes, because including smokers really, really fucks up the chart. Smokers are generally less fat than the general population BUT are less healthy.
Humans should not be too fat OR too thin. A healthy non smoker can be thin BMI 19 but be very healthy, but a smoker who is that thin is generally not healthy.

Being a smoker is being a per-cancer patient and having a little extra weight for them is actually a good thing. When they DO get sick their weight plummets.

You will probably loose some but >>>>>> than fat loss. The human body grows fat for this exact reason.

How do I into shadow boxing?

>if to cut
>1800kcal a day
>Train erryday
>Torso hardly budging, just getting vascular arms
>Constantly hungry and angry

>>Constantly hungry and angry
lel, same. Man people just make me so mad, I don't want to hear anyone's shit.

God I hate having a baby face. I’m getting bigger but when I look in the mirror I deadass look like this, the contrast between my face and body is killing me

What do you mean? :(

Don't worry user. It'll go away once you cut.

>I was thinking of doing keto.
all diets are memes. calorie deficit is what counts. eat more veggies so you dont go hungry. count calories. this is essential.

if you want to autistically micromanage your diet for optimum results, you should do high carb, high protein diet. (carbs and protein are slightly less efficiently converted into fat, protein makes you less hungry.)

make sure to crosstrain to improve your cardio while giving your legs and joints time to recover from cardio.

and good luck trying to cut 15+ kg quickly without losing a lot of muscle.

Whos Jason Bloho?

if you are actually broke, there is no cheaper diet than a whole food vegan diet. and nothing is easier to cook.

>take lentils, beans, veggies, peas and carrots
>throw in pot
>enough to eat for days

also check out scoobys workshop and his youtube channel. lots of recipes there that are great macrowise and are so easy to make they are barely recipes.

of course, anything absolutely healthy tastes meh at best.