/Fast/

Old thread pruned
Drink ur K-salt pisswater
Fasting is for everyone
But not LOSERS
heh heh

Attached: 655978D0-9E65-4758-BD85-CE4EB12EAE7C.png (320x176, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&feature=youtu.be
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144
youtube.com/watch?v=FsOBhLRJjAE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&feature=youtu.be [Open]

While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI [Open]

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg [Open]

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

I’m 6’1 and 208lbs. Want to fast until I’m around 170 or 180lbs. How many weeks would this take? Would it be safe to fast this long without any breaks? I can probablt walk 5 miles everyday.
>thanks!

Attached: A9DCB560-0C19-4898-B8A7-7AE4019BECA1.jpg (4032x3024, 1.75M)

Looks like I'm not eating till noon on Sunday, boys. I haven't done a 48 hour fast in a while, so let's see how a 60-ish hour one does. The chicken chimichanga I ate last night was delicious, though. The restaurant had this tomato paste slathered on top. It was so hearty I swear there was meat in it.

60 hours is nothing
Try 10 days with no salt either and trying not to instantly piss the water you drink

if you walk every day it should take no longer than 2, maybe 2 and a half weeks. u look like you're carrying a good 7lbs of water weight which you'll drop within the first 48-72 hours. gl user

>instantly piss the water you drink
I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE
it's like when you sip the tiniest amount of water your body just squirts out a dribble of piss without your permission, like you're cumming but without the pleasure

All i’ve had today was 2 sips of a protein shake that I plan on using for the day. How good is this?

Did my longest fast at 108 hours yesterday and today my left knee is hurting. I've had similar pain on my right knee from running. Is this left knee pain because of the fast? I usually do 48-72 hour fasts. Also I didn't do snake juice for this fast if that is relevant.

The trick is staying very hydrated during the day but pissing before bed and only after that drinking enough to prevent dry mouth. Then when you wake up in the morning chug your water bottle.
Or have more salt.

>108 hours
>cardio
>no snek juice

how have you not imploded? sip some fucking salt water ASAP

I forgot to mention I was doing salt water the entire time

Also I did run a 5k on day 3, but the pain I feel when running only ever affects the right knee

What is the real difference between dry and wet fasting? I do not mean for the moment I mean internally. Does it help me lost fat faster? Or something?

can someone please tell me if i can drink coffee on a 3 day fast. of course its straight black, no sweeteners no nothing

Attached: 0.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Sure but mentally it’s probably easier to be consistent and stick to water

I haven't eaten anything in like 30 days, I don't even want to eat anymore. I'm sticking out to 170lbs-160lbs......started at 265 6ft.......currently at about 225. Cardio and some simple lifts every day.

If cardio/weights starts to burn you out and cause tendinitis stop them and switch to simple walking. Prolonging then fast is more important than having food to lift weights, remember. Good work.

I don't know how much related it is, but I have extremely high testosterone levels....I was put on artificial hormones in 2nd grade because they thought I had cancer....put me through puberty....and then my growth spurt in highschool put me about 4 inches taller than any other male in my family.

The point is, high testosterone can make you gain mass in your boobs...at 270 lbs, I wore 34 US size jeans, and xl shirts but I have huge tits. Doc says it's not gyno but idk

Not sure what your point is. Are you still on test?

No, but Im wondering if those man boobs will lose mass or it will be a plague to my body forever

I am going to be doing a 120 hour fast. I plan for the first and third days being dry. What's the longest I should dry fast for any given point in time?

[Embed] [Open]

depends how fat and trained you are

I did test last year to try a cycle (retarded choice). My moobs definitely got puffy but losing weight has made them go back to normal.

You’re pretty fucking fat though, can’t say for sure until you’re down to 190lbs or so

6'0" and 205. Not very trained.

They should go away when you get skinny. Look up aromatase and how it converts testosterone into estrogen. More fat = more aromatase = more test converted to estrogen

What should I do if I'm already finished with cutting and need to tighten up some loose skin? Do I need to fatten up and do prolonged fasting to truly benefit from the autophaggy effect?

dry fasting is supposed to help.

If you are too skinny to do it do 23/1 dry fast

Can I fast on rest days, or is that going to hurt my gains?

Attached: 1521310282110.jpg (1000x1226, 178K)

SoI have a bit of loose skin. I am an ultra fuck up with no willpower. Has there ever been anyone with before and after pics for autophagy working on loose skin, ever in these threads? I'm about to take a bunch of shit like DNP and just get surgery this year to lose the rest of this weight. I was thinking that fasting might help jump start my cycle.

Pic related is me. im in the shower.

Attached: 20180323_171147.jpg (2576x1932, 1.62M)

Don't crucify me for asking this just a genuine question out of interest but isn't fasting meant to fuck you over in the long run? You wont be giving your body the calories it needs so you'll lose a lot of muscle as well as fat and turn skelly. Anyone on here who thinks otherwise?

looks like you are still fat user.

some loose skinprogress pics on snake diet page like this one

yeah, it's safe.
walking will do you good.
just set up your break fast right.

Why are you even here, mate? Get the fuck out and work out you piece of shit.

forgot fucking pic

you wont its extremely muscle sparing

Attached: dry fast loose skin.jpg (750x500, 35K)

theres certain body mechanism to prevent this

listen, when we were cavemen, we didnt get to eat every 3 hours, sometimes we went for weeks without food, particulary in winter season. Nature doesnt want you to burn through that hard earned muscle, its too costly to make to just burn it away. Contrary to fat tissues

look up videos in op and first reply

Had to look this up. Don't think I can do without water. My throat dries up easily if I don't drink anything.

But how though? If your body is getting next to no calories wont it just devour muscle and fat?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 22.20.26.png (1316x824, 1.66M)

that looks alright. any details? how long did that take?

i am asking a question. i workout sometimes. not enough though. i need to do something.

Attached: 20180323_171955.jpg (2576x1932, 1.63M)

Is it okay do to a 72h water fast if I don't have access to a potassium supplement?

first, your body "eats" you glycogen stores in the liver and in the muscles. then, it starts a process called "autophagy". google it. it's basically using damaged protein to build new protein for energy, also some muscle loss. after that, your body will run almost entirely on fat.
the autophagy part is why skin tends to get better.
i don't know what happens to the newly built blood vessels that obese people have in their fatty tissue, my guess is that even those can be reduced by repeated fasting periods.

just do cocaine faggots.

why would it prefer to eat something that you need to move around and live(muscle) instead of stored energy(fat) ?

Also fasting boosts your HGH which helps preserve muscles

Attached: fasting HGH.jpg (600x322, 28K)

workout, do several more fasting cycles and eat collagen-rich foods in between.

Recommended workouts and for how long, and for how many days? what kind of fasting cycles? help me out

she says from march to october
she was doing dry fast 23/1 (only drink and eat in one hour)

another loose skin dry fast progress pic

youtube.com/watch?v=FsOBhLRJjAE

yes you should be fine but I would still add a bit of salt(any)to my water to be sure

Attached: dry fast loose skin2.jpg (960x958, 76K)

Attached: dry fast loose skin3.jpg (960x758, 74K)

Help yourself chief. Take some responsibility. watch everything in the copypasta at the top of the thread. Then you'll have more information and the appropriate approach will be more obvious. Detailed inquiries are fine, but I don't think many want to spoonfeed you. We didn't make you fat. We aren't your free coach. We led you to water, you have to be the one to drink it.

Attached: 28279371_10155854596870660_5979531674501503367_n.jpg (960x960, 50K)

>4700mg k per day
Nice meme matey

Thanks, I'll try it with salt only.

how does a fatty do this?

only water + multivit?

what is a dry fast mean?

bout to land back after a 24 hour soft dry+24 hour water
how does teaspoon of baking soda, 2 cups of water, 4 cups of broth and blueberries sound?
also i started 165lbs down to 147lbs

i get into fasting, but then i am convinced its pretty bad later on. its like a cycle. i always come back to the idea of fasting. What if i fasted till the end of this month? do you think i would find any results at all? wouldnt multivitamins/sodium stop the fast?

How long did that take? I started at a same weight, down to 157.5 in 8 days

about 2 days really
like i said i started out on a dry fast then transitioned into a water fast
excuse me now im off to take the fasting diharreah ive heard so much about and experienced before

No I mean to drop from 165 to 147

I just clocked 1 month doing OMAD. I'm eating around 800 calories a day. Dropped from 173 to 161. Very happy with my progress so far.

How long have you guys been fasting and how much have you lost so far?

Yeah about 2 days
You seriously underestimate the power of the dry fast
Now on a more serious note - I fucked up /fast/
I thought I could have a bunch of baking soda to break, so I piled in almost a fucking tablespoon
I checked the box and apparently 1/8 tbsp is 6% daily value
So I just fucking downed 164% of the daily sodium requirement by fucking accident
So now I have the salt shits and I need something to balance it out
Should I
>Drink more water
>Do a bit of sweating
>Get some potassium in me
>Sleep
>Continue shitting

short of surgery there’s no way you can drop 20lbs in 2 days. Not even water weight

snake dude lost 19 pounds in 3 days dry fasting
but i did a bit of strenuous work (shoveling snow and walking around with a 20 lb bookbag)
although i lied about the 147, i started at 160 and ended at 150, sorry for lying
but now im worried about the salt thing and sitting right next to my downstairs bathroom

alright folks since i overate salt im going to get some potassium in me
i hope i dont die after having a teaspoon and a half of potassium

Fuck lads is it ok to eat a 3000 calorie meal when I break my fast? Will I still lose weight? I also burned 1600 calories this morning but I'm worried if I'm still over my TDEE. Eating a fuckton makes me feel guilty.

Is it absolutely necessary to take vitamins on a fast? It's been three days so far and I feel like I'm losing weight but some youtube dude was shilling for multivitamins.

>snake dude lost 19 pounds in 3 days dry fasting
His TDEE is >= 3000 kcal, and he was working out because he wanted it to be dramatic.

You’ll still lose weight but reentering keto will take longer

It’ll pass in like an hour. But why lie? This is a relatively novel program and we need as much legitimate information as possible. If you had genuinely poor or great results post em. We need to learn from stuff. It isn’t a dick measuring contest on who can lose the most weight the fastest. Good luck

So should I generally strive to eat less calories on one meal a day? Even when I exercise frequently?

And by less I mean less than maintenance.

>mfw convinced coworkers to fast

Attached: you cannot stop me.jpg (950x534, 61K)

Yeah I mean typically after a fast, less food will satisfy you anyway. It’s recommended to stick to high fat and cruciferous vegetables. Typically veggies to meat in a 4:1 ratio. But really you can eat whatever you want. That ratio is just recommended so it keeps you in keto. I tend to eat what I want but not junk. Sometimes I’ll knock myself out of keto, but I reenter it within 24 hours of my next fast. Eating multiple meals and or multiple days in a row with moderate to high carbohydrates will surely reset your keto cycle and it’ll likely take 2-4 days to get back in it. I’m on my third fast, 60ish hours so far and I’m deep in ketosis. Sticks are basically black.

This is a repost but I was showing this color after 24ish hours after a refeed, and the refeed was actually a fairly high carby meal with a Bloody Mary and 3 pints of craft beer. But that’s all I ate. Just for reference

Attached: B8FBE754-A081-4A02-B222-6917103B8B54.jpg (2048x1799, 358K)

Actually scratch that 36 hours after refeed

i dont know but post more hot anime guys
just to observe aesthetic, of course

3000 cal keto meal is gold star, so long as it isn't like double your daily requirement and so long as you're fasting for respectable periods. If you did 48 hours, maybe don't eat 3kcal. 168? 3000 won't even deny your achievements

bump

>tfw excited to start a 7 day fast tomorrow
Anybody else starting or doing big fasts right now?

Attached: encounter_by_shousuke0716-d9irxo3.jpg (830x1192, 237K)

I’m willing to explain but you need to read the links and do your own research. If you’re a fat fuck take some control of your life and stop being helpless in all fucking aspects. Literally google dry fast. It’s that easy you lazy fuck.

>dry fast
With that deservedly being said, a dry fast is consuming no water. You can go soft or hard dry fast. Soft means you can make contact with water: showers, brushing teeth, washing hands. Hard dry fasts are basically degenerate fasts but some people swear by them. If you are going to do them then do it alone at home in seclusion where you can accumulate horrendous BO without consequence.

>how do I do this as a fat fuck
>multivitamins
Just stop fucking eating. It’s literally that. Depending how long you go 72+ hours, you may need to get sodium and potassium in your body. Do your research on that. It’s in the first post. As for multi vitamins, some find them essential, others claim they break the fast. Overall they are typically no more than 25 calories so if you choose to take them they are bound to have a negligible effect on your weight loss. I do 72 hour water fasts and when I refeed I take supplements as well. If you’re serious about this and want to lose weight effectively, change your outlook on food, fix your insulin sensitivity, and break your food addiction, stop fucking eating. The first 48-72 you’ll want to kill yourself. So if you are a man and have real willpower you can make it

holy shit i had to have potassium chloride dissolved in water to offset the intense sodium, and it tasted horrible
the only thing that got rid of the taste was the broth i just had

This. If your willpower is shit, go keto first for a week or so. Keto to fasting is much less taxing than carbs to fasting. The best way to get willpower on this is to rip off the bandaid and make it happen. Once you achieve it, you'll realize how easy it is.

Do you have cheat days in fasting? I'm currently running a one meal a day set up but I also want to enjoy muh sugar from time to time. Would it be ok if I ran one meal a day six days a week and have a cheat day on the seventh?

I’m at 60 hours right now. Was planning on just doing a 48 but I feel bretty gud so I’m rolling it over. I’m consistently losing weight so I don’t let personal fast records rule me. If I’m hurting after 48 I don’t beat myself up over breaking it. But 48 is my absolute minimum fast time.

Been doin OMAW for three weeks, i'm starting seventh day rn, very easy

Why do you guys refer keto to fasting? I thought they were different things? What if I ate carbs one meal a day? How is that Keto?

Are you fat

Fasting accelerates you getting into keto. When you don’t eat you burn up your glycogen reserves first. When they are gone you burn fat aka enter keto. Do more research

thanks for the answer, I don't know why you yelled at me but I appreciate the help

And in my personal opinion, if you have a lot of extra fat to lose, OMAD is a joke, regardless of what the macros are.

B-but what if I’m pretty lean and just want to look good for the summer?

Because you are asking questions that you can easily answer yourself with next to no leg work. You have the entirety of the internet to answer that shit, this general is for anons discussions on fasting, not knowing the basics is annoying and wastes posts. Plus it’s basically a giveaway that you are super lazy and I’m trying to tell you to stop being lazy in every area of your life. This includes being a fat fuck

Any advice for an extended fast? Going to try for 4 weeks in April, currently 6'0" 260 lbs. What supplements do I absolutely need? I don't plan to use snake juice, but I will be taking some sodium/potassium, and I drink tons of water normally. How much sodium or potassium should I be taking in? Also general advice for making it through a long term fast?

Then yeah go for OMAD if you want. It’s a decent way to cut but it’s still a cut. You can’t just eat at maintenance OMAD and expect to lose weight. Doing keto with OMAD is more effective but it’s just another method of OMAD. You don’t need to do it.

>the huge boulder of shit clogging my intestines and making my feel/look 1000 times fatter finally left my system
It felt like my guts fell into the toilet jesus christ why

you're being very rude to me for no reason. I can make my judgements abut you but I don't. everyone is battling their own demons. do you know what it's like to be another color? thank you. didn't think so.

First a question: why not start now? You don’t need any equipment. You don’t need a gym membership. You don’t even need to buy food. You just do nothing and save money.

Anyway, I have zero personal experience with long term fasts cause I’ve never been a hamplanet. With that being said what I typically find in these generals is superfats go as long as they can, consuming only water when they get thirst. You don’t need to drink a gallon of water a day while fast and it’s actually not recommended cause it fucks with your ketosis. Salt intake you can dial in. Snakemans recommendations are a gross overestimation on what lethargic fatties actually need. You’ll definitely need them for 4 weeks though. But don’t ruin the fast from the get by giving yourself diarrhea.

Lastly, if you have no experience with fasting, expect to fail. Don’t be discouraged by it. Just do a responsible refeed and roll right into the next fast. Everyone has different levels of willpower and most of the time you can strengthen it. Good news it the first 48-96 will be the real hell. After that it should be a little easier. But there’s always hard days. Start now though. Do a 72 hour fast and see what it’s like at least so you don’t go in blind.

Go to reddit if you want a safe space or go to /b/ if you want to be a babby troll

>didn't read the fucking OP or sticky
go back to /fat/ you fuck

>excuse me suh I’m a nigger