Squat Depth

Is this depth sufficient? I feel like it is because the crease of the hip is below the knee. I find it hard to squat ATG because I lose tightness at the bottom and the weight feels much heavier than it actually is

Attached: 29243579_1564620226984074_1261572176_o.jpg (750x1334, 84K)

yes, who gives a fuck about atg

Yes

ATG is a meme and is literaly easier than going to below parallel since you can bounce the weight.

Of course man, the only people that will scream about ATG are on this board. if you're at or slightly below parallel, you're good. I used to squat ATG only, but developed hip and SI problems because of it.

And that's why powerlifters only go to parallel. They don't want to make it TOO easy

They don't wanna snap their shit you dolt.

Powerlifters bounce too, they just squat with such a wide stance that the natural bounce happens earlier.
The manliest way to squat is ATG paused

The absolute state of nu-Veeky Forums

Attached: 1521265511070.jpg (1403x981, 173K)

ATG squats are far more superior in terms of gains but you can't squat deep with a straight spine so my opinion on it is
ATG: don't squat heavy and it's best for quads size and strength
Parallel: you can squat heavy

t. mobilitycel

l2sarcasm

I wasn't even commenting on what is better or worse. My point was that ATG is not "easier"

jesus christ this thread
Your depth is ok. Its below parallel.
If you have lifting shoes to squat 70kg to just below parallel though that seems like a waste.
You dont need to squat ATG but it can be helpful.

got them for christ,as so i might as well use them

damn homie, u didnt know jesus was died ages ago?

fair enough then. Seeing as you have them might as well try out working on mobility for ATG or doing front squats.
I could ATG high bar without shoes but front quatting without them was strange.

According to this a quarter squat would mainly work your hamstring. That doesn't even make sense.

Deload and do it right.

If ATG squats are best for quad size and strength but you can't necessarily go deep enough, why not just front squats instead and back squats to a bit below parallel?

EMG doesnt tell you everything. things like tricep kickbacks give really high tricep EMG, doesnt build a huge tricep though.

it does make sense if you think about a deadlift, you certaintly have a knee flexion but far less than 90°. And the deadlift is a really good hamstring excercise.
what this chart kinda misses is the knee flexion in addition to torso angle which would explain things easier