Why is the cable crunch so popular for ab exercises? Is it better than hanging leg raises or decline crunches?

Why is the cable crunch so popular for ab exercises? Is it better than hanging leg raises or decline crunches?

Attached: 561465416541.jpg (570x293, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kghVlbG3khs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its easier to progress and increase resistance over time with that exercise

Easier to add weight on this than the exercises you listed. That makes it easier to progressively overload.

In the end as long as you're contracting your abs adequately any combination of ab-work is fine for hypertrophy.

Good points, thank you.

Are these better for core strength than plank variations?

Yes. Planks are pretty shitty as far as core exercises go. For most people, planks are simply too easy to really hypertrophy the abs. Leg raises/Cable Crunches/Woodchoppers/just about any non-isometric exercises will load/engage your abs much more effectively and directly (this = more gains)

Not necessary better. Both work the core.
But different kind of stimulus.

Just do abs 2 times per week. One day plank other day some active movement like cable crunches.

>doing any non-isometric core exercises

Attached: 1521413021187.jpg (600x397, 26K)

it is so popular because of the increase of the sandnigger population in the west

There are two sets of muscles in your abs.

Transverse abs - stabilises the spine and helps in anti-flexion. Train this with a plank

Rectus abdominus - the visible abs you see ina 6 pack. Brings the shoulders closer to your hips. Train this with cable crunches.

tl;dr. Do both because they work different muscles

planks are not for hypertrophy, but to get rid of the distended stomach look

Do deadbugs train transverse abs?

Attention whoring, user.

i'm interested, pls be so kind as to explain this to me, i'm a brainlet

Attached: autism2.jpg (1080x1080, 52K)

With planks u can't get hypertrophy... But with cables and the crunch machine if your gym has one you can deveope thickness in the abs

Bodyweight exes dont stimulate that much hypertrophy

But i dont do cable exes for abs... As i said i consider it attention whoring.

>doing abs
I seriously hope you guys don't do this

no no, i mean the effect of the planks, what's a distended stomach and all of that

Attached: autastic.jpg (567x414, 47K)

My man Jeff with the advice
youtube.com/watch?v=kghVlbG3khs

And, as user said , it helps with spine stabilization

In fact, NOT training transverse abdominus is a bad Idea, as they're the abs that with help your core for squats, deadlifts, cleans, etc.

Rectus abdominus is just for aesthetics

Same for the lower back, you should try to mantain an extended position for 30 minutes instead of lifting weights by a reps scheme.

It allowed me to max my situps on my APFT without ever doing a single regular situp.

My bad, 30 seconds, not minutes

Pic related

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1267x937, 72K)

Pay attention to 'hollow back' posture, alot of people have this. Many reasons for it, weak muscles basicly, also wanking. If you see someone in the gym or just in general someone you know who on that day has his bum sticking out more than usual its likely they wanked very recently.
Now pay attention to military posture, this is basicly what you want, but try doing any plank properly with your bum tucked in after wanking, it will be VERY hard.

Basicly if you dont train your pelvic floor muscles and you wank constantly, your ass sticking out becomes a permanent thing. Planks is the way to fix that (especually V plank) but if you carry on wanking you wont be able to do planks

any reason to do (decline weighted)crunches if I already do ab wheel and hanging leg raises?
plus cable choppers too

Forgot pic

Attached: posture-photo.jpg (400x532, 51K)

thanks famalams

Yes, so do squats and any compound lift where youre having to keep a straight lumbar spine

No way masturbating do this to your posture

You can try for yourself, masturbate then try to tuck your bum in and hold it, see what happens, do it infront of a mirror or film yourself

Fuck I have hollow back really bad

>In fact, NOT training transverse abdominus is a bad Idea, as they're the abs that with help your core for squats, deadlifts, cleans, etc.

>transverse abdominus
How do i do this? Core is my weakness in squats and deads, i need my core better. Tell me what to do pls

Any variations of planks and holding an upward position at back extensions

Unironically watch Athlean X videos for more info about this

hahahaha

time to nofap

do stomach vacuums

thanks.

What's wrong with military posture?

spent like 30 mins trying to do these in the gym
Felt absolutely nothing in my abs. waste of time.