QTDDTOT

Old one nearly at 3 hundred, I’ll start.
>how do I make sure I don’t get skinnyfat again after my cut? Im going to cut then slowly bulk forever because I don’t want to ever be fat again (mainly because I have gyno and fat storage there makes it infinitely worse)

Attached: E6E097F0-20F1-4FE8-98DC-A500A43F4E6A.png (443x332, 66K)

Are nicotine patches good for stopping smoking or is it all willpower

Attached: C51D8599-B764-4FD4-94D8-531A9EEB27B6.jpg (500x372, 39K)

Any good leg exercises without equipment?

I have only been doing squads for the past week.

Attached: 1521822627473.jpg (500x478, 254K)

I’m not sure but aren’t squats supposed to be all you need for overall leg development?

in my routine i have 2 rest days usually, but some days i feel extremely groggy throughout the whole day and then can't workout. When ive tried to on these days, i get shots of pain and cant physically do even half my usual weight or reps. This will happen once or twice every other week. Any idea on what this could be and how to stop it?

Is your eating and sleeping on point?

im a poorfag so most of my diet is fast food but i cant really change that, and my sleeping is fine.

That poorfag fast food excuse is bullshit bru

How many pull ups should I be able to do before i start adding weight? I can currently do around 8 perfect form from dead hang.

Should I take phenibut before a day of work or wait till I'm going out with friends to try it for the first time also what dosage?

Anyone been constipated before? Working out and eating veggies and pooping very little? Tips? Help!!!!!

Attached: image.jpg (448x446, 61K)

Gum helps a lot from my experience. Never tried patches, but research shows it very similar in effect. When you combine both (and don't get yourself an overdose: nightmares, diarrhea) you get a success rate that is about 10-20% higher than using either in isolation. Just make sure to cut out cigs completely when you start the patch/gum.

My DB to BB row ratio is about 0.45. When I look at most forums or lift statistic aggregators like strenghtlevel - people have a ratio of about 0.55. Which doesn't make any sense to me. Am I doing something wrong or do people just swing the shit out of their DB rows? People on those sites also often have DB presses that exceed their BB presses when you total both DBs, is this normal? I barely DB press 80% of my BB.

RFESS are goat. Give me better results than squats. All you need is a stool/bench/ottoman and any kind of weight: DBs, backpack full of rocks, weight-vest, whatever. You should aim for a ratio of about 0.6 relative to your BB squat, ie. if you can squat 140kg - you should be able to do RFESS for the same number of reps with 84kg. They are draining though - probably the most mentally taxing exercise for me. Id rather do 5X15@50%1RM of squats than two sets of RFESS.

DB lunges work too, but they fuck with my kness. No clue if that's inherent to the exercise or I just have fucked kness/technique.

Fiber, either buy the instant stuff or eat whole grains - digestive cookies work for me.

Depends on what you are training for, if you just want to get in shape in the general sense you would probably be best served by being able to do about 10 dead-hang-to-sternum ones before adding weight to drop you MR to about 6-8.

kys

>burger: 5$
>pound of rice+pound of chicken breast: 4$, for 2.5 times the calories
Don't lie to yourself.

If you having trouble controlling your bulks and/or cuts - just recomp from a reasonable starting point. It's not as sisyphean as most guys try to make it out to be.

How tf do i get rid of my gut and love handles. I weight around 79 kg now and still have both. The gut only appears after eating a mediun sized meal but its still super discouring sice it will obviously become worse when I bulk. I’m on a cut eating around 1700-2000 tdee. Protein intake at 180 g. Cut ends soon. I donmt do cardio, should i run? Will it speed the loss of fat on my hips/stomach? I want a slow cut btw

Attached: F13AFFAA-0FB6-496B-A11D-9F9E53184947.jpg (1280x1600, 228K)

What do you old fags wished you'd done during your youth? I'm 19 and all of you have got me worried about wasting it.

Attached: 1521854630648.jpg (482x684, 64K)

After I do cardio I often feel a burning kind of pain (about a 3 on the pain scale) in my groin that extends in a line almost to my knee. This happens on either side of my body. Is this something that needs medical attention or will it fix itself once I lose weight?

Liposuction after you get swole

>How tf do i get rid of my gut and love handles.
By dropping your BF%. Just don't be an anorexic idiot who mistakes skin folds for fat.
>The gut only appears after eating a mediun sized meal but its still super discouring
See the above point about not being an anorexic retard. If it's serious bloating then check your diet for anything that doesn't agree with you eg. diary if you're intolerant.
>I’m on a cut eating around 1700-2000 tdee
That makes no sense. You're eating your tdee and are on a cut?
>Protein intake at 180 g
You don't need that much protein unless you're on roids, even if your 5%BF.
>should i run?
Not necessarily run, but yeah cardio is very good for you.
>Will it speed the loss of fat on my hips/stomach?
If you don't compensate for the extra calories - sure, it'll get you lean sooner. But spot reduction is yada-yada.
Re-read the sticky, you seem confused about a lot of basic stuff mate.

how many plates do I need to use before I should consider using two saftey clips instead of just one?

IE: how many plates can one hold at any angle?

Attached: saftey_Bar_Clip.jpg (480x480, 18K)

if your plates are tipping, something's wrong with your form

mostly just realizing that life is short, we all die at the "finish-line" anyway, so don't worry about being embarrassed and waiting until "x" happens, to try "y".

Just do it now instead, even if you get humiliated.

they're not, I'm just planning ahead.

Also, I may or may not be referring to something other than standard compound lifts

depends on what you are like, some people are probably well served by someone telling them to be more serious about shit - some need to be told the opposite. but in general:

>work hard
partying and lazing around half the time gets boring as fuck after a while. plus, every day you exert yourself in your teens/early twenties is like like putting in 10 times the effort a decade later.
>study hard
"i'm too dumb for that" or "it's too late now" are valid excuses - if you're 65. sure, the return is lower the later you start - but it's still infinitely better than never getting to it.
>always be direct and honest with women
i don't mean "tell her she looks bloated after pizza night" but in general playing games and pretending will get you stupid bitches who fall for that shit.
>learn to let shit go
family drama, mates you've grown apart from, girls, could-have-should-have, etc. regret is a decent motivator, but it needs to stop at some point.
>you can do way more than you think
sure if your dream is "i wanna be a rockstar" - good luck, but a lot of stuff you think is impossible can be done with hard-work and persevering a bit.
>habits make a man
don't try to "find yourself" - make yourself. life is about taking action and not having shit happen to you . however you phrase it - you get the point.
>don't be overtly negative or cynical
cut that shit out, asap. even if you think you're not a cynical bitch - 99.99% percent of people your age are.

all of this shit is cliche and you can hear it all the time - because it's true.

in general, you shouldn't rely on safety clips to keep the bar stable

okay, lemme be more specific. I'm doing landmine presses, and I just don't want that shit all sliding at me if the safety clip gets pushed back by all the plates

landmine presses (if we're talking about the same thing) having even less chance of a plate dropping on you.

>re-read

Nigga i never read it in the first place

Just your run of the mill fat guy here.

My only goal is to get lean and maintain that level of lean (10-12% body fat)

Is a full body routine 3 days a week enough for my above goal? 3-4 sets per exercise.

I know about diet, wanting to know about the workout specifically

Attached: 1520893657238.png (1156x862, 639K)

Then fuck off until you do.

exactly

You can be 10-12%BF without any exercise, you'll just be weak looking.

But yeah, 3 times a week full-body should be enough to get you strong and lean. As long as you keep up your diet.

Say my regular workout is MWF. But say, I don't gym on Friday due to a wedding I'm going to. Do I continue on with the Friday routine on Monday or keep doing my regular Monday thing?

Thanks user

How do i obtain a swimmer's body without swimming?

Disturbing your schedule because of one missed day is probably a bad idea (mostly because things can get confusing quick if you do that a couple times.) Either just skip friday, do it on saturday - with an easier monday workout to make up for the smaller recuperation window and probably the booze you're going to drink. One day won't affect shit in the end,

How should I incorporate both front squat and back squat? Should I just alternate every session or every week? Should I just pick one to focus on?

Attached: front-squat.jpg (480x270, 13K)

Depends on the rest of your workout, if you're on a 3day routine you can do front squats on wednesday. But unless your quads/back really stick out as a weak-point in your squat - why even bother?

Woke up with the flu, hemorrhoids, and an ingrown toenail. How do I fix this? I think I've been cursed.

Just take about 10000iu vit D bro you should be fine

Currently I eat at 1500 calories (fattie losing weight) and don't really give a shit about macros as long as I get like 30g of protein a day and eat less than 150 carbs. Obviously my diet could stand to improve for multiple reasons, but I'm new to lifting and am wondering when my newbie gains are gonna max out and I'll have to start giving a shit about my diet even more than I already do, which I'm not very excited for. I'm seeing a lot of relatively nice gains despite the lack of protein/calories.

Also, ever since I started lifting heavy with barbells, my BO became HORRENDOUS, even when I'm not doing anything. My diet didn't change before switching from semi-light dumbbells to heavier barbell weights. Is this just a natural consequence of lifting heavy?

I'm going out later, how long will my pump last if I workout before hand?

> as long as I get like 30g of protein
>when my newbie gains are gonna max out
top kek
> I'll have to start giving a shit about my diet even more than I already do
>even more
top kek
>I'm seeing a lot of relatively nice gains despite the lack of protein/calories.
no you're not, you're going from hideous to disgusting- unless you're 4'5''.
>Is this just a natural consequence of lifting heavy?
It's a natural consequence of poor diet, not showering and/or shit genetics.

Depends on tons of shit, but probably not long enough to be worth it.

jacknife squats or one legged squats.
they are incredibly hard to do so youll probably have to start with some kind of progression (to prerform them correctly you need a lot of strenght in the muscle but also in thejoints and flexibility too

Also sissy squats

I am 6'3", 164 lbs, started working out about 9 months ago and have been enjoying imo pretty good results. i still have some annoying baby fat on my belly that won't seem to go away though. i can feel some muscle beneath it but it doesn't really show through on the surface. i am doing a cut right now but i think it might not do anything to this area. any tips appreciated.

Fit is it ok to only train once a week while on an extreme cut? I'm 6'5" ~200 pounds and eating around 1500 calories a day. I swim frequently and lift. I don't really care about progressing on my lifts till I have a low bf% and was thinking about only lifting 1 or 2 times a week to have some stimulation in the muscle but not over work. I get a lot of random aches and pains in my shoulders arms and upper back and I'm thinking this is from over training.

Attached: 1519317935134.jpg (720x1034, 127K)

read the sticky, honestly your question is vague and anything anyone can tell you is pretty much: work-out, eat clean, etc.

if your core is holding you back: add w. hypers, pallof presses and w. crunches twice a week for two sets each. or maybe planks or whatever.

2 times a week is not only enough but ideal on a really heavy cut. just make sure it's high load, low volume, full-body. but 1500kcal is not really all that extreme - still go for it if you want.

I don't feel like going into further detail to explainmy post for someone who can't make inferences so I'll just leave this here

Attached: 1490923088707.png (500x400, 279K)

How do I run game on a girl when we're meeting at the library to study

1500 feels like starvation mode for me. Most of the TDEE calculators tell me I need about ~3300 calories a day although they aren't that accurate I can tell you anything below 2200 calories a day is when all these aches and pain happen.

>describe workouts in terms of "semi-light dumbbells" and "heavier barbell weights"
>mention caloric intake without giving a reference weight
>bother working out while eating 30g of protein a day
again: read the fucking sticky before posting if you want your questions answered.

My weight-rep curve for deadlifts is really weird. I'll do 5 reps at ~85%, then drop to 70% and MAYBE squeeze out 6 reps when I should be doing 10. Could it be a cardio/conditioning issue?

>run game on a girl
>at the library to study
don't lie, you can't read.

Not saying it isn't hard, or that you should go even lower - I'm just saying that in medical terms it is not extreme.

In general you should eat about 1g of per kg of lean body mass, 1.5-1.8g of protein per kg of lean body mass (assuming you lift,) and enough carbs to not fall under your max fat metabolization rate.

Per kg of fat on you can metabolize about 65kcal/day. So if you have 20kg of fat on you - your max deficit is about 1300kcal before things start to become counter-productive.

lets say i can squat 75kg 5x5, how much do i warm up with?

Tear out the hang nail. Use it to lance your hemorrhoids. Flu symptoms will abate as blood loss rebalances your blood humors.

Spread the word, Medieval Physician is seeing all patients, dyel and swole.

a railway spike to the head for being weaker than a crackhead ferret.

How can I get past plateaus Veeky Forums?
Been lifting 5 days a week for just over a year now and still have little strength gains to show for it. For the first 6 months or so I was making solid progress each week, but for a long ass time now I haven't been able to keep moving up weight. I'm noticing size gains (slowly) but my strength isn't improving and it's frustrating.
I'm 19yo, 6'2, 73kg (68kg when I started lifting), and need help.

>check your diet
are you getting enough protein, fats? carbs help too. lacking any vitamins or minerals?
>check your sleep and rest
do you sleep enough? do you sleep well? any significant stress?
>change your workout
do you brolift? 5 times a week can be too much if go heavy all the time. try something new, since you're young and probably have the time - try TM or something along those lines.

What are good accessory exercises to help my OHP? I stalled at 40kg.

Attached: 1521574939666.png (485x443, 34K)

Decided to sort my shit out , lazy office pleb
Fairly confident with my form and stuff on core lifts and read the sticky but a few things have thrown me off regarding nutrition
Im >vegetarian so im guessing supplements are a must , I know I have to cover B12 and D and probably protein shakes anyway - anything I'm missing?

Also any depressed dudes on Veeky Forums? It's gotten to the point where I want to die all the time hence me taking up exercise to try to help but i think I'm going to go to the doctor's about it. If they prescribe me anti depressants will it kill my test/gains?

>wake up
>weigh self
>155 pounds
>take a shit
>weigh 156 pounds

how?????

Attached: 1498996175130.jpg (364x364, 10K)

My current split is chest/tri's, back/bi's, shoulders/abs, legs/bi's, chest/tri's, rest, rest.
Other than switching up exercises every now and then i've had that routine since I started, do you think it's worth overhauling?
I think I need to put more effort into my diet too.

Anyone here do their lifting before work? I want to start lifting in the mornings, and waking up earlier, to maximize my free time after work. My work is not heavy, but still a bit physical. I was wondering if this will fuck me up during the workday.

Not the board for it, but for over a decade now I'm been terrible at shaving my moustache area and always leave stubble on it. How do I shave it properly?

Never had an issue. My shitty spot is right under the chin, I always leave some mild irritation there. Mustach area I just go with the hairs on the first pass and then a second against the hairs, just like everywhere else.

Care to offer any more info? What does your workout look like? What was progress like before you stalled? Are you regressing? How is your bench going? Any shoulder pain or history of injuries?

>Im vegetarian so im guessing supplements are a must
Try some centrum or aplha-men or anything like that - it won't replace a decent diet - but it will fill out any gaps.
For B12 and vit D you can also add in some "milk" - you know: rice, almond etc. they usually have a decent amount of added B12 and D.
Also make sure to eat enough saturated fat - otherwise your hormones will be in the shitter and you'll feel like crap all the time.

>Also any depressed dudes on Veeky Forums?
Tons. Was jobless, degree-less, not a single friend, no contact with family, grossly obese, suicidal etc. until about four years ago - now I couldn't be happier. Exercise was a big part in getting the change started.

Lads I am 6 foot and at 180 lbs. Im sitting at about an estimated 20% bf?

How much better would i look if i cut to 160 or 165 pounds? I want to start cutting down.

What is a good number less than my TDEE to cut down to? -500 or -750? I want to lose 1-2lbs a week. Thx anons

Attached: happy wojak.jpg (284x177, 10K)

add weights now and you'll be able to do more deadhang pullups. i added weights when i was able to do about 10 chins/6 pullups, now i can bang out 15+ chins and 12+ pullups

should I train with the heavies weights I'm able to use? I do that and after every training day ii feel like my muscles are burning

dr stop pls

Attached: dr_plague.png (1200x1653, 3.53M)

Scale's fucked.

I was where you were. I'm now at 168, I think at 160 I'll be slim.

I've been doing Stronglifts for 6 weeks now. I started doing OHP with an empty bar and progressed nicely until I reached 40kg a week ago and failed on my second set so I deloaded to 37,5kg on the next workout and did well again. Tried with 40 yesterday and failed again on my second set.
My bench is going fine, I think. I got 5x5 with 62,5kg on Wednesday. I have a bit of shoulder pain when I try to push too hard for reps on OHP so that's why I don't push myself if I have too many difficulties completing a set.
All my other lifts are fine too but I think maybe I should just switch to 3x5?

You can stop smoking easy on gum or patch, but you'll still be addicted to the drug unless you wean yourself off. The best process is to break the habits of smoking first, and then taper down.

If you can do more than 10, add weight so that you're in the 6-10 rep range.

Married the high school sweetheart.

If you're on some kind of Starting Strength or Texas Method variant, Front Squat on your "light" day, which would be Wednesday in the Advanced Novice SS and would be called Cowboy Method in TM.
Alternating is good in general, lots of Olympic Weightlifters and several athletic plans do this, Nebraska Cornhuskers do alternating Front/Back in their workouts. FWIW lots of powerlifters alternate squat variants (high and low bar) and some do Front Squats for a cycle or block in the offseason.
Fronts also make a good accessory on Deadlift day.

Try doing the 70% set fresh and first and see what happens, if you get the reps you expect, then it's not the curve, it's just that the first set is wearing you out. Not so much cardio as local muscular endurance. Doing more work sets overall, doing them on shorter rests than you have been using, etc., are the ways to improve that.

Do a set of 5 at 55kg.

Add a set after the regular work, either make your target reps overall with the same weight, or drop the weight 10-20% and then do a burnout. When you get unstuck, drop the extra set until you get stuck again.
Also skullcrushers, tricep pushdowns, front raises, pick one to add to your routine each press day, do them last, do 2-3 sets of 10-15 reps.

Do Starting Strength. After it ends in 3-5 months, pick a non-retarded intermediate program based on goals. Hint, the only "splits" worth doing are
>full body
>upper/lower
>powerlifting bench/squat/dead
>Epley style athletic

Try it and see. Start with an abbreviated program in the mornings.

Unless the program specifies a "light" day or a percentage of 1RM (which is inappropriate for anyone that's not an advanced lifter), in general you should always use the heaviest weight you think your can use to still complete all the target reps in good form.
That feeling is normal especially for a beginner.

You should have been doing Starting Strength from the very beginning anyways. SL is just a fucking ripoff of it. Get the book and follow the program.

Add face-pulls to your routine - especially if your upper back gets sore after OHP. That solved my plateau that occurred in much the same way, also got rid of my shoulder pain for the most part.
Try higher reps on your OHP.
Make sure your core is not a weak point, if so add some core work and focus on your breathing, if all else fails try seated OHP.

Usually you do 90-95% of your 5RM for 5X5. For example: if you managed a 5 rep set with a given weight, and then rest 5 minutes, and on the second rep you can't get 5 reps - lower the weight by 5 to 10%. Play around till you can just barely get 5 reps on your last set.

whats the best way to drop BF% currently at 18% but skinny fat, and i want to know the fastest way to drop BF% while doing 3x week strength training.

Attached: 1484516849729.jpg (407x286, 12K)

I'll try skullcrushers first, I think.
>You should have been doing Starting Strength from the very beginning anyways. SL is just a fucking ripoff of it. Get the book and follow the program.
I think, I'll just do this. Honestly, I didn't do SS from the beginning because I can't do power cleans at my gym.
Thank you, I will try face-pulls. How many sets and reps should I be doing? How about the weight?

Mine robe and mask to shield the "Dost Thou Even Lift" from my ten of ten visage and superior heaven-sent grants.

Mine rod to poke the budding breasts of those afflicted with the body that of a woman after swooning for the bucket of milk each morn fallacy.

My routine posted for all to see in language apparently cryptic and obscure as thou canst even to read or even to count one thru four.

Two sets at the end of each workout should be enough, or three sets on monday and friday. Go for a weight with which you can manage 10-15 reps. Don't do that jerky quasi-row shit people call a face-pull - actually use your rotator cuff muscles.

eat less

Thanks a lot, this is really solid advise.

i am doing that eating at a 500 calorie deficit went from 170lb to 162lb but people are saying carbs make you fat and reducing them decreases body fat?

>I can't do power cleans at my gym.
Is it because they don't like dropping weights and/or only have iron plates? Then learn to lower the weights properly. Rippetoe and Cal Strength and Catalyst Athletics all have video tutorials on how to do this, and the technique is also described in the book.
You can try doing the cleans stealthily and lowering them and see if they bother complaining, if they do, then substitute Pendlay-style rows at 3x5 or 3x8 and carry on.
Check volafile dot org /r/fit for the books, I'll upload them.

If I work out more than 3 times a week will it really hurt my gains? SS, Lyle McDonalds, Arthur Jones,
Reg Parks 5x5, etc... ALL have only three days a week for working out. WHY?

There's only iron plates and the free weights isn't really big either. I have been substituting them with barbell rows but power cleans seem a lot more engaging.
I have a pdf of the book but I've never read past the squat chapter.

If I'm forced to go to a fast food with friends, is going full chicken nuggets a good idea or is it retarded?

It's most time efficient that way, since the larger muscles need between 48-72 hours to recover - and it makes sense to structure your routine around them than to micromanage every muscle via isolation. You can work-out more often, but for most people there is little point in that, at least during the beginner/intermediate phase.

One meal isn't going to affect shit.

Burpees senpai

>on a cut
>2000 TDE
If you wanna get rid of the gut just drop to 1400 or lower per day. You can still get 3 square meals into that

Run a 5k like once or twice per week if you’re trying to be lean. I know time can be tough but it takes like 20 minutes if you’re in alright fitness. Keep your lifting too, but cardio is the best way to lean

If you don’t swim then it’s not a fucking swimmers body is it

How many sets/reps should I do neck exercises for? How often?

Worried about fat storage in the tit region? Yohimbine

Attached: yohimbine_blue.png (587x436, 36K)

1-2 sets of 10-15 reps in each direction once or twice a week.

>5K in 20 minutes is "alright fitness"
LOL get the fuck out of here.

If you're doing weights 3x/full body then some cardio on a couple of days a week isn't a bad idea. Start with something like C25K but only run on the two days a week that interfere least with your lifting, and then after you progress you might try a beginner 5K racing program, again, on two days a week that you're free.

If you have a place to deadlift then you have room to do cleans. You can do them from the hang position (youtube cal strength or catalyst athletics for demo) and lower them and you won't make much noise or much of a spectacle, and if you can't use full-size plates yet, either from the hang or propping them up on aerobic steps will be the only way to get the right height. Then if they still complain then go back to rows or maybe do some lighter deadlift variants like Romanian DL on that day.

There are only a few splits that are bulletproof generic and non-retarded.
>full body
>upper/lower
>powerlifting bench/squat/dead
>Epley style athletic
The upper/lower and Epley style are 4x/week. The powerlifting can be done 4x/week if organized in 2xBench and 2xSquat while working deads in at least once a week, usually on a Squat day.
You can also check Practical Programming 3rd Edition (see the volafile link described above) and the section on the Starr Model for how to add a 4th full body day, basically you have to have days of different intensity and workload, and build into it gradually.

Would a full body routine like 5x5 with accessories and cardio/swimming twice a week be better for cutting/burning fat than PPL?