How often do you take rest days?

How often do you take rest days?

Attached: 1518984799410.jpg (369x292, 30K)

3 rest days. 4 days of lifting. Not the best, but very convenient for me
Sat - work
Sun - work
Mon - work
E/O Tue - work (always lift)
wed to fri off - lift

Attached: PepeBuff.jpg (760x752, 87K)

For me, I don't really take days off. I make sure I work out muscles that I didn't really touch the day before

Once every 3 days for my PPL routine. Which averages to once a week.

brosplits are inefficient for that reason

>Once every 3 days for my PPL routine. Which averages to once a week.

Are you retarded or can you honestly not understand this?

2 days/week, on weekends.

Since your retarded here is my routine:

GGGRGGG, then it rolls over to the next week which goes like this; RGGGRGG. Etc.

>G is Gym and R is Rest day.

Attached: 1499636863104.jpg (910x752, 45K)

you're retarded user

I dont remember my last rest day. Even during storms i manage to sneak in and workout.

>have no real routine
>just pick a couple of muscle groups that aren't sore to work whenever I go to the gym
>if all of my muscles are sore, I just have a rest day

Is a routine really that important?

You tell us brainlet. Are you progressing? Are you happy with how your body has changed in the past few months?

im doing ppl but i rest whenever i feel like it because im a natty and cant handle the volume lol

I train Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat so I rest Tues/Thurs/Sun

Attached: images.duckduckgo.com.png (488x463, 28K)

everyday

Don't gotta be a dick user. I'm reletively new to this and I've only been lifting for about two months but I can already see major improvements

Just because your not sore doesn't mean your muscles have gotten enough rest. Pick up a beginner routine online user that fits your goal and follow it. That would at least get you started and keep you relatively safe during your improvement.

Attached: lil-b-2014-10-12.jpg (640x480, 47K)

What I do is essentially just PPL now that I think about it

Do compounds like barbell ohp and bench, squat. Deadlift if you want. Most importantly eat more. Those are the things I wish I told myself when I was just fucking around in the gym as beginner and didn't see progress.

Depends what routine I'm running. I like to change it up every few months. Typically every other day on full body routines and every third day on split routines.

I've been eating correctly from the beginning. I smash the fuck out of whole foods. I'd do deadlifts but they kinda suck to do on Planet Fitness equipment

Optimally never. Unless you're a pro athlete training for a specific goal you should be active everyday. Rest days are a stupid myth and I'm glad I rarely took them during my teenage years, it's what seperated me from my shitty teammates. I would literally go to 2 hour practice on a Friday (practice was M-F), then head to our basement gym for weights with my team, and while they fucked around on snapchat I'd be deadlifting 150lbs more than them, and then when practice was over I'd eat chipotle and half a gallon of chocolate milk when I got home, and then I'd set out for an hour long run. Then the next morning (saturday) I would go to my own private membership gym, lift, and do another run. Then I'd eat even more chipotle and chocolate milk so I could do another run on sunday. That's why I had the best times on my high school track team. I was getting twice as much training in than they did - no, probably 4x as much, because they only gave half effort at practices anyways.
I remember some days we'd have time trials and I would be exhausted from my extra workouts and instead of coming in first I'd come in top 5 (had to be top 8 to be placed in best varsity heats) and my coach would screech at me for not performing up to par. But on the day of the race I would be rested and all my extra work meant I far exceeded any of my own expectations of how fast I'd run. I wasn't the best by any means, at one point we had a miler on my team who ran 4:12, and at that time (my freshman year) I was only at 5:35. But my junior year I had made it to 4:30 and at the time that meant I was the fastest on the team when everyone else was still in the 5:00s. Not like my team was the most competitive lot, but I would have been just as shitty as them if I fucked around with "REST DAYS" and shit.

I quit rest days about 6 months ago now. Best decision I ever made.

I’m convinced the ‘rest day’ meme is a Jewish conspiracy to keep men weak and emasculated. I lift heavy 4 times a week and do intense cardio 7 days a week. I’ve never felt stronger, better or healthier.

So my question to you is: How do you justify taking rest days?

And don’t you dare tell me you don’t have time because I run my own business and work insane hours.

Daily cardio and sometimes weights is the final redpill for training. Cardio gives you dat dere mental fortitude and heart rate gains while weights gives you the raw power. So many retards who think going to the gym for a few hours a week and barely doing cardio is gonna help them be anything but average and then act surprised when they still have a nonexistent chest, abs, etc...

nice reddit spacing moshel, please pick up your bluepills and go back

Yeah man I hated cardio but started forcing myself into it over the past few months and it’s a real game changer. I’ve actually grown to love it. The endorphin rushes are orgasmic.

>Snapchat in high school

This is what it feels like to be old.

Enjoy those ‘rest days’ like the good goy you are. Don’t forget to eat your soy!

is this what being mogged socially in high school does to you?

>I dont take rest days
>I lift 4 days a week

Attached: ijj1aSW.png (485x443, 22K)

im only 19 yeah
absolutely.
If you think cardio is rest youre not doing cardio. Depleting all your glycogen and then switching into your fat reserves can make you a hell of a lot more sore or "burnt out" than lifting can alone.

The idea of rest is resting from lifting you mongoloid

Wednesday and Sunday

Every other day

I could lift two days in a row but I feel better when I don’t

sunday, and even then i sometimes do core if i'm in the mood

you are a fucking retard
rest means abstaining from strenuous activity
you are retarded if you think an hour long run at 8-10 mp/h is less strenuous than a set of heavy squats. You can recover from the weights merely by eating lots of food. Not the same with running though because that food needs to convert back into glycogen.

whats wrong with that sentence you fucking brainlet

You are the fucking brainlets
>once every 3 days averages to once a week
OOOxOOO
xOOOxOO
OxOOOxO
OOxOOOx
>NOTICE ANYTHING?
It averages closer to twice a week than to once a week

>half a gallon of chocolate milk

I'm assuming you're a higher BF % than you'd like to be now?

>snapchat in highschool

oh, so you're clearly not old enough to say whether this ever lead to an injury from overtraining? got it

>intense cardio 7 days a week

as-in what?

HITT? sport? jump rope? swimming? kettlebells? pushing a car in neutral?

my BF% now has nothing to do with all the food I ate back in high school lol

Only on Sunday because gym is closed. Otherwise I squat 1x5 everyday to raise my poverty squat after 2 years of skipping legs and only doing upperbody.

i work and go to school at random times during a week so im pretty much scattered when it comes to a solid routine. its pretty rare for me to workout on a sunday and i dont like working out upper body more than 4 days in a row. pretty much just listen to my body.

I do it this way, too. I have a set list of lifts I choose from in the form of "Major" (bench, dead, OHP, etc) and "Minor" which would be any accompanying isolation or stuff that people overlook like calf raises.
Its probaly not "le regiment auf Arnold Schwarzenegger" but it suits me while I fine tune into a routine.
Getting gains and feels good man.

once a week, today is my rest day actually
but I will neglect it if I'm feeling motivated or if I feel I didn't do enough during the week

Full body,rest,rest,full body is objectively the god tier program/routine/whatever and you cant prove me wrong

Attached: 5323523525.jpg (1200x675, 79K)

What kind of weight in comparison to your max do you squat if it's 1 set?

Honestly like 5/7 of the time

2 - 3 times a week.

From my experience, rest is necesarry to be able to really hit it hard once you're there. I'd say it's good as long as your workout days outnumber your rest days.

every other rest day

Attached: images.png (205x246, 5K)