This guy is remaking SS and basically your fucking naunced

SS isn't a bad program, but it can be better. Let me show you.

Phase 1: (continue until you can at least deadlift bodyweight)
Workout A:
Squat 5 reps x 3 sets
Bench 5 reps x 3 sets
Deadlift 5 reps x 3 sets
Workout B:
Squat 5 reps x 3 sets
Press 5 reps x 3 sets
Deadlift 5 reps x 3 sets

A-x-B-x-A-x-x, or B-x-A-xB-x-x

Phase 2: (continue until you stall 3 consecutive sessions)
Workout A:
Squat 5 reps x 3 sets
Bench 5 reps x 3 sets
Deadlift 5 reps x 3 sets
Workout B:
Squat 5 reps x 3 sets
Press 5 reps x 3 sets
Power clean OR Row 3 reps x 5 sets
GPP:
Upper back work (chin ups, pull ups, rows etc...) for 7 mins (increase over time)
Ab work (isometric) for 7 mins
30 mins steady state cardio/12 rounds of HIIT (increase over time)

A-x-B-x-A-GPP-x, or B-x-A-xB-GPP-x

Cont...

Attached: 12394127_1719372188306976_1789883613_n.jpg (480x480, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

barbellmedicine.com/openletter/
youtube.com/watch?v=2pQZNGdkVck
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Phase 3
Workout A
Squats per SSLP
Bench x 1 @ +5% from last 5 x 3 sets on LP, then take 15% off the bar for 5 reps x 5 sets
Deadlift per SSLP
Press x 8 reps x 4 sets @ -12% from previous press 5 x 3 sets on LP

Workout B
Squats per SSLP
Press 1 @ +5% from last 5 x 3 sets, then take 15% off the bar for 4 reps x 6 sets
Power Cleans or Rows per SSLP
Close grip bench x 8 reps x 4 sets @ -15% from previous bench press 5 x 3 sets on LP

Progression/Notes
-Attempt to add 2.5-5lbs per week on all sets without going above RPE (rate or perceived exertion) 8, which denotes having approximately 2 reps left in reserve, i.e. you could’ve done another 2 reps before failing
READ THE FUCKING BOOK

Attached: 18949645_1439732756065868_7233342023070121984_n.jpg (480x480, 42K)

Forgot to add gpp...

Upper back work (chin ups, pull ups, rows etc...) for 7 mins (increase over time)
Ab work (isometric) for 7 mins
30 mins steady state cardio
12 rounds of HIIT (increase over time)

A-x-B-GPP-A-GPP-x, or B-x-GPP-xB-GPP-x

Attached: classicpress.webm (640x640, 327K)

>3 sets deadlift
M-m-monster

i meant to add 1x5 onto phase 2 kek.

did you buy the BBM templates ?

>3 sets
>a lot
stop being weak i do 5x5 on deadlifts and pull 250kg

This is solid shit.

Can you explain the back/ab work for 7 mins? Do you just set a count down timer and go ham for 7 mins straight? One or more exercises?

I've heard him talk about doing submaximal sets for curls, and just as many as possible within x amount of minutes. Over time you either do more reps or more weight. I'm guessing its a similar setup for ab

where did you get this from OP

Are you supposed to to a 1 rep at +5% every time? Or just once and continue and do bench 5x5/4x8 and ohp 6x4/4x8?

Whats the point? The beauty of SS is its simplicity. Adding all this shit and you might as well be doing whatever dumb reddit program.

Wait what the fuck, is this in a book or pdf? Feigenbaum made SS better?

What is GPP?

What is Google?

This isn't exactly SS. This is what you do when you are done with SS. First you do Starting Strength, then you stall on that and you need more volume etc to keep progrssing so you do this program.

Barbell medicine have a free template/program you can download on their website which is called "The Bridge". This is either that program or something really close to it. Its basically the routine you do after you done with SS.

General Physical Preparedness

go ham for as long as possible and take a break when needed until u hit the 7 minutes

this is not the bridge. the bridge is completely different and should be done following this program. this is a linear progression based program since u are trying to add weight every session.

every time. this is called singles method. the idea is that you're doing a NEAR max single every time, something u think u can do for 2 more reps, aka rpe 8 (this is to prevent u from 1rming everyday).

then do SS if you want simplicity. this is to provide a solution to if your stalling or want something more than bare bones SS.

>READ THE FUCKING BOOK
what book?

starting strength 3rd edition. this outlines how the exercises should be performed and things of that nature

Attached: 1519930472858.gif (389x326, 938K)

>This is either that program or something really close to it.
lmao you're a fucking moron

This book is bullshit.
Nowhere under lifting equipment does it list squat plugs, and under lifting clothing it says I should wear tshirts rather than my sequin dress

The traitor

Attached: 4CEE94BD-1A2C-496F-B59E-B3F309AC3328.jpg (612x595, 63K)

What happened?

>Making a novice program more complex

H-h-he left staring strength.

Attached: F3BC35AA-BE10-4447-BCF5-DD7641BEDD8D.gif (388x218, 2.19M)

On a lp you will stall first on ohp and bench, he’s giving you a little more advance programing so your press and bench can still go up while you’re legs catch up.

Unless that's for your 5x5 or you're 75kg that's not impressive.

>sneaky roiding jew
surprising

>dumb as bricks first two phases.
>increasing volume and transitioning novice trainee into an intermediate.
i dont see how this is a problem.

And he took Alan thrall with him lmao

Is the iraqi guy still with them or did the stick with rippetoe

Yeah he’s kinda a douchebag. But I get why he left, ss is an echo chamber and unless Rip approves somthing his cult followers wont listen. He’s coming out on the fucking doctors, chances are he might make standard barbell training more popular. Just don’t listen to him or rip on classical weightlifting advice, theyre both retarded on that subject.

Gotta get them jew tube views

Yes, better to listen to the magical russian weightlifting gurus with their voodoo training

He is building his own business. Taking Allan Thrall on board is a pretty good move. With the big presence that Allan has on the internet its kind of strange how he became an employee of Barbell Medicine instead of just running his own thing. Great move for Faugenbum, bad move for Allan. Faugenbum is a great business man and he is playing all of them.

OY VEY GOYIM!

Attached: jords.png (751x667, 1.32M)

The guy advocates for external rotation on the snatch. Which is the complete opposite of what the Russians and Chinese advocate which is internal rotation. Also high hips on cleans, which I don’t mind but if you’re going to do real cleans you should keep the hips low. Not just appealing to authority here.

Nice dubs, a business that rode on the back of SS

Alan noooooo ;_;

Allan probably has his plate full between videos, coaching, owning a gym and training/competing.
I'd say it's not a bad move for him to get someone else to work with, assuming he doesn't get jewed on profits.

Thrall is also a retard with a sub 90 iq. The only video he posts is him regurgitating what he heard

P much

Not a bad move to use one of the internet most popular businesses as a spring board.

Yeah probably. It just seems like he is just a marketing tool for Jordan though.

Yeah. His videos are good though. Jordan is probably really intelligent. He also seem like he is kind of narcissistic and Machiavellian.

Is this assuming that you won't ever have to deload? If not then how are they handled, more reps across all sets at the lighter weight, or a GSLP style AMRAP set at the end, or something else?

Also, more general question: is it worth buying my own 1.25lb plates? I'm trying to substitute the small weight increases with more volume for the press but I'm still feeling like it's a real sticking point.

>Also, more general question: is it worth buying my own 1.25lb plates?
Yeah. They aren't even expensive

deloading is done by doing simply lowering volume, not weight for a week

>that form

>Bench x 1 @ +5% from last 5 x 3 sets on LP, then take 15% off the bar for 5 reps x 5 sets

If do 80kg bench for 3 sets of 5 repetitions, am i next time i bench suppose to add 5% weight and do 1 rep? And then take of 15% of the weight and do 5 sets of 5 repetitions?

>where did you get this from OP
i'm not OP but it was in today's issue of the BBM email newsletter

>mixed grip

>This is what you do when you are done with SS.
no it's not.
this is the BBM version of SSNLP.

Rip didnt want his staff to go out and talk about RPE for intermediate programming.

yes

>Jordan is probably really intelligent. He also seem like he is kind of narcissistic and Machiavellian.
you just described the typical jew.

>Is this assuming that you won't ever have to deload?
on the BBM forums they usually say that you're done with the NLP at the second deload. they also say the novice stage shouldnt last on average more than 12-16 weeks.

>is it worth buying my own 1.25lb plates?
buy them used, then resell them. as soon as you reach 200lbs bench for reps you won't need them anymore ever. training style just changes completely.

Feigenbaum came here sometime in the latter half of last year and did an AMA but everybody told him to fuckk off

anyone up for this?

Attached: file.png (576x720, 652K)

Only if his store has $10 supplements

That's sad.

>as soon as you reach 200lbs bench for reps you won't need them anymore ever
That's really my only hesitation. My working sets are 195 right now, it's my overhead press that I can't move past 105. 18 weeks lifting

It’s Veeky Forums

18 weeks it seems you'll soon have to move onto intermediate programming.
if you have had 2-3 deloads on the press already i dont think it's worth wasting your time anymore on a novice LP

My two-year-old daughter saw that picture and said, "what's that doggy doing?"

dude, 1.25lb cost basically nothing. You can buy wrist weighs that weigh that and add them to the bar if you want. They're useful for OHP for sure

11 weeks here. I was stuck at 45kg ohp and 68kg bench for 3 sessions.

Ohp: i chaked Allan's video and realized my technique was shit. Have been progressing linearly since then (1.5Kg a week).

Bench: i set the pins for racking the barbell too low. Practically i was doing 7 reps instead of 5, and i was destroying my rotator cuffs while uracking. Set the pin higher, risen a bit the bench, and again beeing LPing 1.5Kg a week since then.

On the other hand, i'm seriously thinking about switching to 3 sets by 5 for the deadlift.

You say it like that's something bad.
I'd rather have a guy regurgitating books than some faggot making up shit or talking about anecdotal evidence.

Here’s how you make “Starting Strength” better:

3 days/week ABA / BAB

Workout A:

Squat 3x5
Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

Workout B:

Push-ups 3x5
Inverted Rows 3x5
Chin-ups 1x5

Progression is either:

3 lbs a workout using a vest that goes up to 150 lbs.

Or

Learning harder variations (for poor anons).

Chin-ups will naturally begin with either negatives or a set of assistance bands.

Attached: 3FFC3BC4-4F7A-4147-B2C7-F00CA794319E.jpg (763x1047, 313K)

stop posting, newfag

Is there bad blood between him and Rip?

I would like to add some shit here for you guys wishing to undertake SS:
I started in mid January at 155lbs with 95/135/135/185 lifts thats ohp/b/sq/d (for 5)
now I am 175 with 140/195/285/345 (for 5) but I got some pretty intense pain in my shoulders, lowerback and knees
I had to stop training but I found the solutions!
for my shoulders I would have to do heavy face pulls on cables for around 100 reps a day 4x25 with varying loads
for knees I would do leg curls with various loads for many reps around 100
for back you gotta strengthen your core, I did weighted decline crunches and learn to brace hard, also I found back extensions before and after squats helps

hope this helps someone

Lolz no

I don’t think so, but who knows

user, you're a good dude.

So the next time you perform a 1 rep at 5% of your previous 5x5 weight? So lets say 70kg bench for 3x5

when you do the modifcation:
1 at 73.5
5x5 at 73.5*0.85=62.5

So next session you do normal bench you 1 rep at +5%? So 62.5*1.05=65.6kg? How does this make sense? Or are you trying to lp on the 1 rep as well? So simply 73.5 + 2.5?

Attached: 3.jpg (300x292, 40K)

too hard kys

I was in the thread. You are making things up. He complained about reddit being a safespace where he couldn't even present his arguements without manchildren complaining about powerlifting being fucking fascist in general. I asked him a question and got an answer. Pretty chill guy.

Is this the Fall Template NLP? If not, how can I get it?

The Bridge

thanks breh, the reason why those workouts fixed my pain is because they are the antagonizing muscle groups so they help create an equal pull on the joints, if that makes sense, gotta balance out

The Starting Strength program seems like a really simple way to get into the gym and build big numbers while looking the same. The photos of guys that have done starting strength basically have the same upper body as before except they bench bigger numbers, but their quads triple in size.

It frankly looks like it's a program for skeletons only and anyone that has ever lifted anything heavier than a dictionary needs something with more upper body focus.

Attached: 1_DvCR-0eGP4gnswQOdU_qwg.png (612x792, 62K)

pls be bait

>cites MUH GR8 COACH LEGGERNDZ
>not appeal to authority
Lay off the creatine kid.

> see post about "remaking SS"
> Schutzstaffel ????!!!!
> Get excited
> Click on post
> Don't understand a thing

How does training style change?

It's a phenomenal say to do skull crushers. It feels way better on my elbows and engages the triceps better by getting a deeper stretch.

Where is the proof of this? I've only ever seen this claimed on Veeky Forums. Jordan still regularly posts in the SS forums, so it doesn't look like he left.

there's a letter on bbm leaving ss somewhere.

barbellmedicine.com/openletter/

Ay

But Y?
Why does it have to be lower body focused?

is this good OHP form?

yea

no, this is good form.

youtube.com/watch?v=2pQZNGdkVck

I thought you werent supposed to move your back during OHP like in bicep curls. Is this true or can I lean back and put the weight up? I thought that was cheating.

Rippetoe is all over the place with his rules. He doesn't allow sumo deadlift but is fine with a standing incline bench press.

Lol

To be fair they admit that it’s a olympic style press and not a strict press. Imo strict is superior.

Then did the whole bus clap?

It was a short clap, hints why they were on the short bus.

>good program
>cardio
Lol