Tfw just threw out my lower back deadlifting

>tfw just threw out my lower back deadlifting
any non meme advice to heal it?

Attached: images (88).jpg (512x287, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zDurZ3SS8NE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

do the worm

How old are you?
I did the same thing when I was 19. Bed rest is your best bet, and make sure to go talk to your doctor and get x-rays. Sooner the better.

When you recover, make sure you work on your form. Take that shit seriously. I learned the hard way and now so have you.

Fix your form, deload, and keep training

Dr Stuart McGill lower back stabilisation program

Rest, alternating ice/heat, ibuprofen, and time.

If it's not better within a week (NO DEADLIFTING, or anything else that strains your already strained back) then go see a doctor.

Ignore my advice and your healing time will be longer, you may keep re-injuring an already injured area, and you may exacerbate it to the point where you sustain a permanent injury.

>keep training
Worst advice ever
>just keep re-injuring yourself, what are you, a pussy?

gg, no re

do this

he can keep training in a way that doesn't fuck him up

deadlifts, especially conventional deadlifts, should probably never appear in his programming again after a backsnap

risk:reward is just not there with lower back injury history

Not OP but what alternative would you recommend if any?

This isnt my first back injury. Deadlifts are the only thing i truely enjoy anymore so i cant stop. But my back is fucked from when I was young and now if my gorm slips even a little it goes out. FML

stretch peripheral muscles like hamstrings and upper back

dont do anything that irritates it

see a PT and have him/her work on you(dont go to a shit PT do your homework)

get a massage(a sports massage not a shitty swedish meme fag shit massage)

>he can keep training in a way that doesn't fuck him up
Absolutely not.
Backs are tricky. You can get warmed up and think you're okay, then *SNAP*, you're fucked up again, maybe worse than before.
At least several days not stressing OP's back is not unreasonable. One should be conservative and cautious when it comes to injuries; ignoring them, trying to 'power through them', can cause you to become MORE injured.

I did this twice OP. Rest it and also walk as much as you can. walking gets your back in a natural, neutral position and helps alleviate strain on it. See a doctor too.

Either stop deadlifting or lower the weight and have someone check your form

I pulled my fucking middle back setting down my puppy yesterday. I’m only 20 years old why is this allowed ??

Attached: CD3E1E53-E913-483E-AC5F-DBDB6929F3C4.jpg (600x800, 75K)

you're probably not even genetically suited to do the deadlift. some people don't possess the necessary hip ROM to pull a barbell from the floor and the lower back will always make up the difference in ROM.

i literally spent a year working on "mobility" and stretching to perfect my deadlift form and it still never stopped my lower back from rounding.
if you don't have the necessary hip ROM no amount of "mobility" work will fix your deadlift. the deadlift is the lift with the least amount of mobility required.

the safe alternative is RDL, Rack Pulls, and lower back isolation work

Yeah, listen to these retards and "take time off" and detrain lmao

I hurt my back DL'ing the day before spring break. Did nothing over break but play some baseball and I threw hay for a couple hours at the end of break. Came back and was fine the next week.

t. sub 3pl8 deadlift

You mongs need to stop giving him advice. Feigenbaum insists the best way to recover from such an injury is to do it with just the bar and then gradually move back up in weight without using enough weight to where it hurts.

OP check the barbell medicine youtube channel and look for a video about injuries

OP, watch this

youtu.be/zDurZ3SS8NE

There you go, problem solved.

Bill Starr's recovery program

Look it up

>people unironically life heavy
lmao

Attached: 1521543383381.png (413x533, 82K)

Yeah, listen to these trolls and 'just push through it' and sustain a permanent disability lmao

>doing deadlifts rather than rack pulls

Go back to plebbit dyel

foam roll and just hang from a pullup bar for as long as possible to decompress your back. also work your grip strength at the same time. there are also good stretches you can do, but the foam roll feels amazing and the hanging decompression is a must.