/fat/ put down the fork edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy(Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/(complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html(simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Attached: images (1).png (220x229, 9K)

CONFESS

Attached: bpkbHpB.png (1229x1160, 58K)

I don't know how to do it. Whenever I go a long time without eating I get a headache and act emotionless.

i've been a good boy, fifth day in a row of staying under 1200 cals
my only confession father is that i'm still fat
and that's a grave sin indeed

it's withdrawal
it's like any drug withdrawal, you gotta hold out and have faith it'll get better when you're fully clean

Enjoying this nice clean lean bulk my man
I've graduated /fat/ so I've got nothing to confess

I really want to eat some hot cheetos so bad right now

Nearly 24 hours of fasting done with for today.Feeling good

Fuck I'm sick of cutting. I'm a pathetic NEET so instead of torturing myself with only 1500 calories a day I'm just going to burn off 1000 calories at the gym everyday so I can eat like a fucking human fuck shit dick fuck cunt asshole

Fuck you all fuck you I was nearly there but then I fucked it becasue fuck

Attached: tumblr_nn3iwuklIh1uty5oeo1_500.gif (450x359, 2M)

I ate half a rotisserie chicken today and MyFitnessPal only logged it as 600 calories.

keep /fat/ alive

I lost 100 pounds and am now at 187, any ideas if i need to cut more? Im 6'0" and I have a home gym with a olympic and 15lbs bar.

Today my dad took us to a "rodizio de pizza" (a Brazilian pizza buffet) and I ate 8 slices. Soft drinks were all included too and I drank 2 liters of Coke zero. It's 3:39 am now here and I can't sleep because of the caffeine and because I'm a fat slob.

BTW I'm 6' and 230lbs down from 245 last month, my highest.

Attached: picklerick.png (600x433, 110K)

Depends on your goals, I for one want to reach 12% before bulking. If that's you as well just cut till your abs show.

Thanks mate

im eating snyders buffalo wing pretzels, probably going to finish the bag in a few hours

Attached: 1477072131951.jpg (736x509, 62K)

Currently losing weight and I’m about to start gymming.

Did anyone else have a big disparity in arm strength. I’ve done almost verything with my right and my left has suffered because of it.

Did you do different weights or lower the amount for right until left caught up?

>I'm just going to burn off 1000 calories
how do you plan to do that mate?

Attached: 1521710771869.png (650x581, 284K)

work normal weight for both hands until it evens out.

POST SUNDAYS DINNER RIGHT NOW WITH MACROS

Attached: tmp_22059-14987182521827557946525538776352.jpg (400x400, 30K)

lol at this dumb sheboon

Is that really all that inaccurate?

Had beers then a McDonald's last night.
Knew I was gonna do it, so spent two hours in the gym before doing HIIT and deadlifts. Came in 900 cals below tdee for the day.

>lost 6.6 lbs in about a week
>can't feel ANY difference, feel even fatter than before

the absolute state of my body

if you eat like a beast at least do some jogging at night

Feeling pretty good about the weight loss boys. People starting to notice and give compliments quite a bit. Feeling excellent.
Halfway to first goal. First goal will get me at the lowest I've been since 18-19.
Keen to get to lower than 90kg, as that will make me the lowest weight I have ever been as an adult. Almost 16 year old weight. I think I can make it. Losertown is saying that even if I keep my current eating, I'll cut to 100kg by July-August. 92kg by end of November. Can speed it up by keeping on lowering my cut, but I can stay where I am till juneish and still be losing a kg average a week.

Did you put in the UPC and measure out how much of it you ate?

We went to a grill your own Korean BBQ and I was doing so well for the sides being all you can eat. I loaded up on kim chee and kim chee cucumber. I didn’t take any noodles or deep fried things (though to be fair it was only calimari and squid which I don’t eat) or a bowl of rice.
My downfalls were I grabbed maybe 3 bibimbap sushi’s before realizing they had crab, still ate them and i had dessert of a “ice cream taiyaki” (I know this ice cream and it MFP says 200 calories but none of the rest of my dinner was traceable of meat and kim chee).

But I woke up feeling and looking bloated and stuffed and I weigh the same I did at weigh in.

Just about to bring my dog for a 4 mile walk. Government built a 48 KM walk way down the old coastal train tracks. I've never once used it. I'm ashamed, it's pretty spectacular.

Attached: clonea_strand.jpg (800x500, 80K)

Nothing to confess, I've made it through my first day of fasting and outside of a minor headache I feel fine. Won't be doing my usual cardio session today though because my old ass phone finally ate shit and working out without music is no bueno, going to the cell shop tomorrow.

Attached: 1517509348893.gif (227x221, 980K)

Try fasting.

how do you guys feel about keto? any of you got result to share?
just started it ad the first few meals where both delicious and didnt let me with any hunger feelings afterward.

at a 750calories deficit.

done a bunch of bulk and cut before but always maintained a slight skinny fat gut.

oh yeah i forgot i'm taking yohimbine on top of that, on certain days (when it fit my work shedul)

Just woke up to see a box of fresh pizza in the kitchen, ate two slices gonna expect it to be about 600 cals, gotta be real careful now.

i know a guy that lost 60lbs with keto
its good if you want to lose weight quickly, but you will probably suffer from insane sugar craves

I had chicken soup for dinner, but it had 1.6g of sodium in it. Will drinking a lot of water offset sodium intake?

I prefer to use a large spoon. Get more food and sauce that way ;(

I went to a party this saturday night, i knew i would be drinking so i tried to be moderate, drinking only lightly. The night ended with me tumbling down onto the floor after drinking 6 7.0s and several glasses of whisky with a massive hangover and a greasy meal of "palt".

I have ruined an entire weeks worth of eating healthy in a single night.

Attached: palt3-700x700.jpg (700x700, 62K)

>hours

I can put down a cheddar cheese Schneider’s in forty minutes or less

i want to order pizza so bad but it will fuck me up good, especially after losing 7lbs this week

If you’re many tens of pounds overweight the sad reality is that 6 pounds isn’t a lot in the gram scheme of things

These things take time, brother

this is how i do it. i hate hunger but i love hiking, biking and can do 2h in the gym.

looks pretty nice, time to am up the podcasts and go for regular walks.

im about 240lbs atm, but i get bloated easily

>bike trail in front of house
>middle school with a running track behind house
>two gyms within walking distance
>recreation center within walking distance
>public pool within walking distance

It never even occurred to me that all this shit was nearby before I started to exercise. Being a fattie is truly a life of denial, I swear.

on my 3rd month
so far i'm down 25kg
the first 3 days are the hardest, its not that hard from there to be honest

/fat/ I went out last night for the first time in a very long time and I got mired twice by random girls, did I make it? I still feel like a ginormous fatass but all of my old friends complimented me.

ate a little over today, but hitting the weights hard tonight to hopefully make up for it. Only 1.5kg to go until I hit a healthy bmi, we're all going to make it bros.

it is hard because of the sugar craving?
i'm not used to eat so much salted stuff, but i enjoy salted food propably more than sugared food.
2nd day for me.

I already lost 20kg but these week I fell off the wagon by drinking and eating like shit. I plan to start up again to count calories seriously and no more alcohol, junk food and sweets for a week and then maybe some candy in moderation.

fat fuck here. i've always been fat. when i was 24, I was around 320lbs. so i lost a bunch of weight and got down to around 160. but now i'm 33 and i've been slowly gaining my weight back. i'm 230 right now, and while friends and family tell me i'm not fat, i know i need to lose weight again.

I've always been active, either running or lifting pretty much every day. i eat fairly clean, usually at or below 2000 calories a day. yet, i still seem to be gaining weight.

Currently at 26% bodyfat.

Does age really effect weight loss that much?

You're gaining weight because you're eating more than you use. The most likely answer is that you've calculated your calorie needs wrong, or you're underestimating how many calories you're taking in, or you've tanked your metabolism with heavy food restriction. Age itself only has a small effect on your metabolism and its mostly the lack of activity that will get you as you get older. At 33 your age isn't going to have an appreciable effect at all.

Just like another user said, you're most likely calculating your calories wrong.

Another possibility is that you were previously cutting on a very large deficit, and once you were done, you got right back up to maintenance (or above). A better way to end the cut is to gradually increase your caloric intake by around 100 calories every week until you reach maintenance. That way you're giving more time for your metabolism to adapt to your "new" eating pattern.

>look at the box of the pasta
100g 356kcal
>look at spaghetti calorie online
100g 135kcal

so which one?

the online one is probably refering to 100g of cooked pasta.

Just measure out the amount of uncooked you want to eat and log that in.

I went from 256lb to 193lb stopped losing weight went off the wagon 6 months ago and I've gone back upto 199lb. Trying to get back on track.

Doing CICO now 1700KCal a day.

Starting Gym for lifting 3 days a week
Badminton with co workers once a week
Starting Kick Boxing having a trial with another collegue
Also I hike regular

Any advice to stop me failing again

Pic Related is progress so far.

Attached: progress4png.jpg (982x991, 58K)

I haven't been dieting long, but I've just been ripping tequila shots for lower calories where before I could put away 10+ beers. That bullshit is probably what got me this fat anyway. Drinking a lot less overall (onceish per week, haven't been hammered in a long time) I had a friend of mine an hero and it kinda pushed me over the edge to alcoholism for a while. Drink lots of water.

>tanked your metabolism with heavy food restriction.
Not him but is this a real thing? Like as in not a meme? And how do I account for it? I'm 290lbs but I heavily restrict all the time (it's just that when I cheat, it's a shitload) is it possible my metabolism is less than 2000 cals? Because that would explain a lot

google reverse dieting desu

It might be a bad idea to have so large caloric deficit while doing so much physical activity. Probably good idea to up your intake during the days you are training at least

>it's just that when I cheat, it's a shitload
It's this, not some mom science. 300kcal surplus per day is all it takes to be overweight

i never understood that. why is it always a lot more uncooked? i should count the cooked right? why do they even tell how much it is uncooked? whats the point of that? who eats uncooked pasta?

went from 229lbs to 176-187.
I need to lose 10-17.5 more pounds but I keep doing cheat days and move between 176 and 187 lbs. Hold this range of weight for over a year.

I finally need to start loosing the rest of fat, ffs

Because they don't know what you thow in the pot besides water and salt. maybe butter or oil, who knows? they don't.

So take the uncooked pasta, put it on the scale and work with that

I know it's that but I was wondering anyway because my fatigue seems more severe than would be expected even for my weight

thanks user, makes sense

How big a fork would you need for fork putdowns to be an actual exercise?

Attached: aXm5741xjU.jpg (650x650, 147K)

If you lose weight via calorie restriction, you will need less calories per day over time as you lose both body fat and muscle (only way to avoid this is to fast instead). There's no scientific explanation needed as to why your results are poor if you keep blowing all your progress on cheat days.

I just said it would explain a lot, not that it would explain why my already decent results aren't better.

>starting gym tomorrow
anything I should know fatbros? Gonna try SS

Attached: 1463207475784.gif (365x378, 5K)

Measure uncooked.
user....
80g (serving size of one of my pastas) is 330 calories uncooked.
When you boil them in water, they expand. They expand because they soak up the water (And oil if you were jew’d into “add oil” to make the noodles not stick, and yes those calories count). When you drain those noodles they’ll now weigh more because they soaked up water (and oil). So what was once 80 grams is now more. Let’s say 150g, I’ve never weighed cooked noodles. Despite it weighing 150g it’s still only 330 calories because the water doesn't add calories. If you add salt and oil to the water the noodles will now have more calories.

No, you should count the uncooked. And it's always a lot more uncooked because it's dry, raw material. Once it cooks, it soaks up a lot of water which makes it heavier for 0 calories.

Just a made up example that might not be precise: 100g of uncooked pasta = 300 g of cooked pasta. Get it?

Don't do GOMAD and stay consistent. Good luck, user

Attached: DNBj_tpVQAAfh9R.jpg (858x694, 39K)

i ate like shit both yesterday and today
i'm pretty sure i went over my tdee too

Attached: sdg.png (1000x1000, 407K)

>trying to do keto
>seems like eating burgers and bacon (grease) only hurts me instead of helps
>no vegetables
>strictly meats

i don't know if this is the right diet for me lol

that doesn't sound like a ketogenic diet

You did it!
You achieved something today, no matter how small. What was it?

Attached: youdidit.jpg (1300x867, 65K)

do not do keto if you are fat wtf your heart is going to clog up

If i cut twice a week and do cardio, then bulk 5 times a week and lift, will I lose fat and gain muscle? 5'9, 76kg. Bigger muscle = more fat loss rite??

then what would keto be?

you are doing keto and you don't know what a keto diet is?

Guys I tried to start working out about a month ago and only dropped like 5 pounds I still need to drop like 60 pounds I guess I should be happy I dropped some weight but it's not really enough.
Also I ate 2 slices of pizza, like 1/3 of a baguette and 200 cals of protein, don't even wanna work out I just want to kms.
Do I just start trying to eat like 1200 cals a day instead of 1500 and drop the bread and move to diet Pepsi and tea?

>The hamstrings benefit from their involvement in the full squat by getting strong in direct proportion to their anatomically proper share of the work in the movement, as determined by the mechanics of the movement itself. This fact is often overlooked when considering anterior cruciate ears and their relationship to the conditioning program. The ACL stabilizes the knee: it prevents the tibia from sliding forward relative to the femur. As we have already seen, so does the hamstring group of muscles.
Jesus Mark, I just want to do a squat, not be a fitness coach

Attached: 1448366104973.jpg (408x439, 45K)

user you will be so much happier and full if you didn't eat shit for your 1500 calories. when i started dieting i ate veggies clean stuff etc., and i wanted to work out suddenly. i felt good, full of energy. no caffeine and little sugar, too.

and you think feeling like shit is a reason not to work out? not going to make it

its 1000 times easier to eat x less calories than to burn them

i burn 200 calories with my 30min routine. good luck.

>tfw on week long vacation with family in south carolina
>gonna be going out to eat every day
ill have to ask if theres a gym at the hotel were staying at. theres a pool at the very least
as for the going out ill definitely keep counting calories and picking healthy foods but i guess i wont be fasting. i probably deserve a break though, ive been doing omad+IF for a month and im just a few pounds away from my goal

I'm worried about this when I go on vacation for 3 days. With my family, I'm kind of like a "social eater", if that makes sense. I only eat out to bond with my Mom, and really the only time me and her get with each other. Literally my only weakness, but I do make way healthier decisions at restaurants than I used to.

Lost 34.7 LBS in 1 month and 14 days.
Water fasting 72 hours a week.
Walking 6 to 12 miles a day
Swimming 6 days a week for 1h
Eating 500 to 800 on food days.
Drink coffee and smoke.
Zinc is the only supplement i take.

Will i become lean by the start of this summer?

Any advice you guys can give me?
I'm sleeping normally although i have trouble falling asleep fast.
I feel good ish, and i feel more tired on non fast days than on fast days.

When should i start lifting?
I want to do pull ups mainly for my chest.

Attached: penis.jpg (1215x938, 226K)

A ketogenic diet means the goal is to keep yourself in ketosis. It's a high fat diet, not a bacon diet. Eat your vegetables, fatty.

If only all nigs Auschwitz themselves

@45302284

>ate my chicken and rice
>still feeling hungry
>made myself a BLT
>30 grams of bacon, kept it in the pan till it shrunk in half, poured away all the fat then de-greased it
>still counted it as 30 grams in MFP
Gonna make it.

The scale read under 200 today. I'm a very happy fattie. I guess it wasnt accomplished today but during the last few weeks of calorie counting.

we're gonna make it lads.

5 days a week I eat clean, managing my cals deficit and even motivating my lazy ass for some excersices, but on the weekends I just sit all day in front of computer and eat like shit, thus ruining any attempt I make in living a better life.
I'm never gonna make it.

I usually dont eat shit, i cook at home and stuff but this week's been kind of a mess with family wanting to buy outside food and all.
I also skipped the gym twice this week and worked out much less.
But you are correct, i should try to be more focused and push more.

i understand family stuff too. i'm

Went out with friends yesterday. We got wasted, and ended up eating 2 pizzas and cinnamon sticks. Ate a bag of Goldfish a few hours before

I don't think I could go cold turkey on white rice
the way I'm going to approach this now is to make a dish that is 1 part quinoa and 15 parts white rice and every two weeks increase the ratio;
2 parts quinoa 14 parts white rice and so on.

We dont eat out but my family has this really big issue where they eat wayy too much carbs and not enough protein, and when they do make protein like chicken they either make it really bad or greasy like if open a bowl of chicken soup the next day it's literally kinda like jello, absolutely disgusting.
Also my family tends to eat the groceries and protein based food i can barely even buy since i don't have much money on me and it's only for a single persons consumption over the week days, it's really frustrating.

had a few handfuls of peanuts last night at mom's house, not enough to leave keto but an extra 200 something cals i didnt need!