QTDDTOT

Possible to cut down straight from skinny fat to lean?

Or do you have to bulk at some point

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2006/12/rippetoes-starting-strength.html?m=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You can, but you will not have any strength whatsoever.

Why would you want to be a fucking twig? I never understand these stupid questions. Just eat and lift and stop worrying about this "bulk and cut" shit when you haven't even started working out.

>do you have to bulk to lose weight

Attached: 1511993148400-fit-2.png (351x351, 153K)

Let's say I'm eating at 200-300 surplus but fast for 24 hours once a week, what is going to happen to my gains? Would just work as eating at maintenance for the whole week?

no you fucking idiot, you cant fucking starve yourself and then be like, oh theres where my good body was all along. you cant cut from skinny fat to lean you can only go from skinny fat to weird loose body skinny disgusting man.

pick up a dumbell or kys retard

If you're skinny fat do cardio & weights. Build muscle and lose fat. You'll look shit if you do anything else. You'll either end up fat, or a skeleton. Bulking & cutting is a meme anyway. Just run a 500 surplus and do lots of cardio. Skipping in the morning, long walk/cycle in the day then a 5k in the evening everyday. Then weights every two days, bro split if you're doing cardio too, and skip the run on leg days. You can do it, start today.

>surplus
>fast
>same week

jesus fucking christ

I remember seeing a picture of recipes for homemade muesli bars which contained oats, protein powder and some other good stuff. Does anyone have it?

this one?

Attached: lTO0Nex.jpg (700x2622, 497K)

This is an impressive transformation for him. Is it natty? What would I have to do to achieve this

Attached: F5DF6823-3A95-45D4-923C-3D51C2DBDECF.gif (500x250, 2.91M)

not that one but it will do! Thanks man.

Is it worth training specifically obliques if you are already doing an ab specific exercise like leg raises or cable crunches 2-3 times a week?

>INB4 diet and muh compound lifts
I already do both and that's not what I'm asking.

These recipes didn't work for me

Attached: protein.jpg (803x1125, 306K)

isolate your abs, don't listen to anyone but me

I literally just starting working out yesterday, is it good/bad to hold positions that emphasize my soreness. It kinda feels good in a stretching sort of way but idk if it has benefits or if I'm just slowing the recovery period.

Actors are not natty generally
You'd be retarded to believe them when they say "oh yeah, I put 15kg of muscle on in 10 weeks just by eating healthy and working out with my personal trainer".
Steroids
Their personal trainer is steroids

I just want to lose weight. I have the 500 calories deficit diet. After 2 weeks I lost 10 pounds but now my weight stopped at 250 pounds and doesn't go down. I'm also swimming.

What do you guys think of running Kethnaab's SS with a couple HIIT sessions a week and some core work added? Seems like it solves most of the gripes people have with SS.
newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2006/12/rippetoes-starting-strength.html?m=1

Attached: 1521823345519.png (1042x867, 110K)

Have little to no sex drive for the past week or so. Had a girl over two nights ago, couldn't fucking stay hard. Admittedly at that point i have been awake for like 23 hours and have been drinking. ED, low test or was i just tired as fuck? Send help fit

I've fucked up my sleeping pattern this weekend, ended up staying up till 6 am and woke up at 11 today. Is there any way to trick my body into letting me sleep earlier tomorrow or will I just have to suffer tomorrow?

Hello can you guess my bf% please? Lost already 18 kg, still 6 more to finish, im 66 kg atm, 170 cm, 5'7, want to go to 60 kg, then bulk

Attached: 11a.png (1005x766, 618K)

another pic

Attached: 333.png (1316x1720, 2.49M)

You're not maintaining a calorie deficit.

What’s your routine?

Are you fucking retarded? You need muscle mass to escape skimmyfat. The only way to escape is lean bulk AKA eat clean train hard to get as much muscle mass and as little fat as possible, and just accept that you'll have higher bodyfat than those who started at skelly

Eating 1000-1200 kcal per day for 4-5 months atm, run or bike 2-3 times a week for 1 hour or more, i lifted for a few months 4-5 months ago but stopped for an injury, now i have been lifting for 1 month but i have muscle memory from 10 years ago, i was very fit back then

wrong tag sorry anwer here

But I am counting them and maintaining.

What are your favourite "cut" foods?

Attached: 1521930550692.jpg (4032x3024, 1.8M)

Is it really that hard to loose skinny fat? Can't I just lift weights?
I've been looking for it online and some people make it look like an herculean task, others say you just need to go mountain climbing or something.
(I should already started working out but I had to make a looong trip)
>20 yo
>~132 lbs
>5'9"

Attached: 635.jpg (407x420, 45K)

Basically your diet and lifestyle suck, leaving you with a flabby but still small muscle-less excuse for a body.

Your diet needs to be on point. Massively reduce sugar intake and massively increase protein intake. Eat at a small surplus. Don't 'bulk'. Just eat right and slightly above your maintenance level.

I don't even need to read this because the issues most people have with SS are missing the point: SS is for people who have never picked up a free weight before. If you know the movements, you should do another program.

Try not to masturbate for a while, see if it comes back. Being tired can definitely affect circulation and concentration. If two weeks from now you still can't stay hard, see a urologist.

No. Just go to bed at a normal time and your body will adjust.

Are you weighing in the same conditions? Are you weighing only once per week? Are you weighing all your food? What's your TDEE?

You can't disobey the laws of physics, either you're eating more than you think you are or are playing with the wrong numbers.

More of a /sig/ question but there's no thread. I'm in the process of unfucking all my shit, (of which fitness is a small part, entire life went to total shit due to bad luck and bad choices,) but it can't be done overnight, mostly the issues that I need other people's go ahead on. I'm trying my best and making good progress, the next 3 weeks are going to be intense as all the shit comes together. Basically multiple life changing events occurring all at once because god hates me. I've been getting anxiety and panic that's even interrupting my sleep. How can I get that shit to fuck off? I can say, come up with backup plans if particular events fall flat, but even with that I still get anxiety.

his torso looks weird.

Attached: attack-on-titan-2.png (1898x940, 1.29M)

I usually eat acacia honey before my workout, and recently read about 2 studies that showed Royal Jelly boosted test in rabbits and rats, should I switch honey that contains royal jelly? or would the test boosting effects (if any exist on humans) require a higher dose ie concentrated Royal Jelly? Thoughts, experiences anyone?

If I switch from drinking regular milk to powdered milk, are there going to be any differences in the nutritional scale?

If I mix like 100g of powdered milk with 300ml of water, are there going to be any problems regarding the nutritional composition? Like does it HAVE to be 2 tablespoons for each 200ml like the label says otherwise I wont get all the proteins?

My biceps are really underdeveloped. Would it be beneficial if I add some form of curls at the end of all my workouts?
I have a AxBxAxx schedule, so I'll get at least one rest day, shouldn't that be enough time to recover?

>My biceps are really underdeveloped. Would it be beneficial if I add some form of curls at the end of all my workouts?
the bicep isn't a particularly strong muscle, if you're already doing rows or something along those lines, you don't need curls. If you do have free time though, I do recommend doing pullups or chinups.
>I have a AxBxAxx schedule, so I'll get at least one rest day, shouldn't that be enough time to recover?
Yes, one day is enough.

>the bicep isn't a particularly strong muscle, if you're already doing rows or something along those lines, you don't need curls.

Attached: 1517778277005.jpg (339x306, 44K)

How are sunflower seeds good/bad 4me?

Its true though, the bicep doesn't need isolation unless you're a experienced bodybuilder, all of its muscular development should come from being a secondary muscle to other exercises, such as the row and the pullup.
Proof: you will never barbell curl the same weight you pull in the row

Can you gtg push ups even though I do a ppl routine??

Anytime u proccess anything you lose nutrional value, the further it looks from the original the more it has lost. It will still have protein, but enzymes and microbes will of broken down on some level...

what are your macros? this dude says a good starting point for growth is:

-1.5 grams of Carbs & Protein per pound of bodyweight

.-75 grams of Fat per pound of bodyweighf

What do you guys think?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

Biceps respond great to being isolated...do barbell curls... 5x5 n preacher curls 3x12 if possible. Slow negatives are great for both....

I hate to say it this way but you really just need to make your backup plans now in-case anything goes awry and live 'till tomorrow. Always have a backup plan.

It's irrelevant because it was a rat test you dumbass. Rats =/= humans. We don't have the same anatomy, we don't have the same genetics, we don't have the same DNA. Unless that test is replicated on humans you've got no reason to believe it'd have any affect on a person.

read the nutrition facts

typically 30 30 35 is a good ratio.

Attached: coffee-and-cigarettes.jpg (450x292, 132K)

How long to recover from a week long binge of junk food and vodka? I gained 14lbs, but I'm assuming it's mostly water weight.

There's no such thing as a week-long binge user. You gave up for a week.

Attached: not gay just measuring the density of a developing area.jpg (500x500, 31K)

Define recover.

Ur not poisoned, just eat whole food in quantities that help you meet your goals.

if you want to lose those pounds, then go into a calorie deficit until you do.

its not rocket appliances.

What do you mean they didn't work?

100% this
No point training pecs cos u will never flie what you can bench
No point training triceps cos u will pullover what you can bench
All muscles do their proportainal input and there are no stronger muscles that support weaker muscles, or weaker muscles that prompt subtle poor form that restricts optimal growth...all muscles get tired at same pace no matter their input, so they all are overloaded during your compound movements...
Squat, DL, Bench, OP, pull ups n rows...everyother exercise is a meme and the only cardio you need is when you run to the rack...

Attached: 1521732187208.jpg (2000x1000, 208K)

>It's irrelevant because it was a rat test you dumbass. Rats =/= humans. We don't have the same anatomy, we don't have the same genetics, we don't have the same DNA. Unless that test is replicated on humans you've got no reason to believe it'd have any affect on a person

Thanks for the advice man, I was thinking the same thing. It's good too cause that Royal shit is like twice the price of normal honey.

I lost my shit like that last summer, It took about 3 months, but I did lose some muscle mass from dieting that hard.

One of my 3 major problems just cleared. Hoping to knock out the other two tomorrow. I have backup plans, they're just...backups for a reason. But I'm still getting the anxiety. Maybe it will be better now that one of the three is solved, idk. Just sucks, I haven't slept through the night for a week now.

I eat below my tdee and still gain weight
Is this normal? Gained 3.5 kg in a month

Someone who is eating big and making it please tell me: How much GI discomfort do you experience, and how many times do you shit per day?

You're either cheating, miscalculating, or what you think your TDEE is wrong.
Probably all 3

When should I stop doing 5x5? I'm currently doing Jason Blaha's version which has more supps at the end. However I'm not sure at what point I'm considered "advanced" enough to move to a new program. And I'm also not sure the reasons to move programs. I just want to keep getting bigger but I don't really have time to go to the gym every day.

Current stats:
Squat 255 3x5
Bench 175 5x5
BOR 140 5x5
Diddly 295 1x5
OHP 105 5x5

Attached: cartman.jpg (450x450, 31K)

Yeah, I did, but it's not like I didn't want to work out or eat right...it just blurred by very quickly.

>3 months to recover from a week of bad eating

I refuse to believe this, but I guess is right. I'll just cut cals back a bit more, maybe do some water fasting this week

What is wrong with training chest on days im not supposed to? Im on a 4 day upper lower split. Whats wrong with doing some extra chest exercise on one lower body day? I never feel like im getting enough chest workouts.

Attached: 1488746940392s.jpg (232x250, 6K)

Lads I am 6 foot and at 180 lbs. Im sitting at about an estimated 20% bf?

How much better would i look if i cut to 160 or 165 pounds? I want to start cutting down.

What is a good number less than my TDEE to cut down to? -500 or -750? I want to lose 1-2lbs a week. Thx anons

Attached: 1490567842197.gif (500x350, 1.26M)

are you bulking properly? you should be able to hit 1/2/3/4 on it. I'm on the same program and i bench more than you despite cutting.

How can I gain flexibility and athleticism via plyometics workouts at my local gym without looking like a total autist? I’m too fucking stiff to even swing by a golf club. I was a D1 shotput/discus lad in college, so finding equipment was no problem. Now it’s extrnely difficult

I believe I'm bulking properly, gaining about a pound a week. I'm also still adding weight to the bar, I haven't failed yet. I know I'm not supposed to switch yet, I mostly just wanted to know what a good point would be to switch. I'll try to go for 1/2/3/4, thanks for the advice. What do your current stats? Kinda curious and want to know for motivation.

>Are you weighing in the same conditions?
Yes, after I wake up and take a dump.
>Are you weighing only once per week?
I actually weighed myself everyday but the weight stopped dropping more than a week ago.
>Are you weighing all your food?
Not really but I read the calorie labels etc. If I have for example a 500g of something I just take half of it and have 250g, then calculate the calories.
>What's your TDEE?
Piv related. I'm 194cm tall, 125kg and 26 year old and do light exercise (swimming a few times a week and stationary bicycle). I eat veggies, cottage cheese, veggie sandwiches, chicken/fish (not fried). I try to eat 2600 calories or less.
I should also note that I'm taking neuroleptics but that shouldn't be a problem since I'm not overeating.

Attached: 1.png (749x325, 16K)

can u escape skinny fat if running a beginer strength training program (GSLP) while cutting currently at 17% bf and i dont want to bulk since my face fat is annoying ??

What do you guys think of SL 5x5? Is it alright for beginners? I've seen some Veeky Forums/reddit posts shit talking it for being bad and I just want to get stronger using a simple routine as I learn more about form and nutrition. It seems to be the lack of accessory work that people knock it for, so what do you think I should be doing along with it? I was thinking chinups/pullups and dips on off days?

Would doing it for 6 months and then moving on be a good idea? Thanks bros

Pic related is realistic body I'd love to have

Attached: goal.jpg (400x1023, 104K)

I lift for aesthetics only.

been following trainers advice at gym for now 6 months and seen serious progress. Routines include only isolated movements and machines, and no compound lifts, but we work the whole areas each time.

Are compound lifts a meme, can you make it without them?

I've been cutting for the past couple of months at a 600 - 1000 cal deficit and have seen good results with my lifts staying at the same weight.

I have an event coming up next weekend, is there anything I can do to look as lean as possible without heavily impacting my lifts? Psmf? Keto with a slightly larger deficit? Avoidng as much salt as possible to get rid of most water weight? I'm assuming I'm hovering around 17% - 20% bf right now.

Yes I know this sounds like a DYEL "pls give me a cheat code" sort of question but I really just want to look as good as possible.

Attached: 1521515769453.png (268x376, 73K)

If your 30 is it creepy and unacceptable to hook up with an 18 yr old?

No. I'm 29 and the only people that'll judge you are your peer-women friends.

But their opinion doesn't matter otherwise you'd be fucking them instead, right?

Fuck that poon, user. Cum on her feet

Yes, very.
Highschool girls?
Jesus, at least go for university girls, you balding greying fat pedophile creep

well now I'm conflicted

Can lower abs really be trained?

Attached: 12715616_10153620455469635_4543825228406457732_n.jpg (960x720, 104K)

I moved my barbell curls/OHP from 95 to 105lbs and I was going for a second round 3 hours later ( homegym) but i couldnt even statically pick it up. I'm feeling pain and tightness in pain in image related.

WTF do i do?

Attached: Capture.png (404x914, 349K)

i did it (or am doing it while changing somethings along the way but i did it as the site said for 3 to 4 months) and i am pretty satisfied. double most my lifts (although going from 30 kg to 60 kg in bench prob not very impressive). its pretty simple and i feel stronger and look better than i was. i would suggest to just add dips and chin/pull ups but its up to you really. i would recommend it although people have said that SS is better.

Put some ice, then rest. And start doing some forearms too.

How do i do forearms?

>spend 15 years sitting doing nothing in front of PC
>weak with basically no lung capacity but not fat
>try to bike
>can't last 10 mins
>soaked in sweat, feel dizzy, and half my body is numb
Is there such a thing as a point of no return in making it?

This user gave me some great advice.

If you're fat, just eat less. There's no point of no return, except for skin.

that is just your body adjusting user. you will make it. try to bike slowly at first and increase the intensity gradually.

Are those almonds activated?

I'm doing something similar to this.

>~500 cals/day deficit cut
>PxPxLxx lifting, lifts going up
>20 minutes of cardio after lifting on lifting days, at least two other days I do 40-60 minutes of cardio, and at least one decent walk (>3 miles) a week.
>1 or 2 hour-long yoga sessions a week

It works. I'm losing bodyfat and gaining muscle. When you're super out of shape, you can do both simultaneously for a while. Once one stalls out, you have to choose. For me, it'll be "cut bodyfat first" once my lifts stall, if they do before I'm at my desired bf.

Dubs trips. Nice.

I mean, it's not bad? Isometric holds are good for slow-twitch muscle fibers. A little stretch (not much, just a little) on a muscle that's sore from working out the previous day or two could be fine.

Everything in moderation.

Is...is uranium really in MFP?!

*goes to check*

Aaaaaand....it is.

MUH RADIOACTIVITY GAINZ!!!! HULK SMASH!

Help me understand.

I’m overweight, I want to lose fat whilst building muscle.

I do 2 hours cardio a day, and aim for 1700 kcal daily.

Should I be eating more or less to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time?

I understand muscle needs extra calories to build.

You get better at something by training that something. So, do tiny box jumps. Can you jump up 6 inches? Do it. 12 inches? Do it. 18 inches? Shit, no. OK, so do 12 or 15 inch jumps until you can do 18. Etc. It's progression.

Do mobility exercises. See the sticky. Take yoga classes. Bit by bit, you'll get more flexible and things will come together.

what the fuck are you doing? do your squats, boy

As for you, nobody is going to help you understand because you've failed to understand the most basic rule of the game

I prescribe sticky reads all round, get to it

Can someone explain what people mean by "sugar is empty calories"?
How is it empty, it literally fuels your machine

They're a bit meme-y, but for good reason: they work your body in...oh, people are gonna HATE this...functional ways. They're movements we do all the time, so they're super useful, plus they hit multiple muscles simultaneously, so they're more efficient that targeting each muscle separately (if you even can).

Try some and see how they work for you. You might be surprised.

Someone please respond.

Attached: abs exercises.jpg (1290x1825, 487K)

started gym and my squat and deadlift are embarrassing.

I struggle to DL 1 plate and I can only manage 10kg plates on my squat, how do I improve my deadlift?

You deadlift more. Get on a program (e.g. Starting Strength, Stronglifts, etc.) and follow it. Don't think; just lift according to the program.

I am doing SS (fit also said to add accessor lifts so I did too) but I feel like maybe theres something wrong with me if I can't even deadlit my bodyweight

Does more volume equal more hypertrophy?
If yes,shouldnt you make the most gains training full body every day?

Eat more, give it a couple of months, add weight consistently, train your grip