Is there any reason to deny myself water when lifting weights? Like, not drink until I'm completely done...

Is there any reason to deny myself water when lifting weights? Like, not drink until I'm completely done? Or is this just a bad thing?

Attached: 1496001855076.jpg (1080x1080, 212K)

always drink water.

yea thats what i do, but some karate-dude told me his teacher always refused the class water till they were completely done, and im curious what the rationale is

Don't forget to add the weight of what ever you drink to your squat weight etc.

if you ever played a sport you would know not to drink more than a mouthful at a time, no matter how good it feels

if you're asking if you can just chug a bottle in the middle, no it's not a good idea. If you're asking if there is any benefit to not taking a gulp between sets. no, there isn't

Karate (and most martial arts) is full of charlatans.

>If you're asking if there is any benefit to not taking a gulp between sets. no, there isn't
yea thats pretty much what i was wondering. thanks for clear response

im curious why the karate-courses dont drink, though. i guess its a discipline-thing, but i got plenty of that anyway

Might just be a discipline thing. Stay hydrated, but don't drink a shit ton of water because you'll want to puke

thanks OP

Attached: 1521746080932.jpg (350x270, 14K)

Sure if you don't mind being
>that guy who sips water between sets

...what

If you're thirsty your muscles are in need of water. You'd have to drink 1-2 literally in order to get your muscles and joints properly lubricated again. If you feel the need to sip water, you failed to hydrate properly and you're damaging your joints and not getting full potential out of your muscles.

Also you're redirecting blood from your muscles to your digestive tract. This isn't bad depending on your type of training. What I mean by that is there are literally guys who train to get a "pump" where basically all their blood is in their muscles during and shortly after their training session. That deprives their brain of oxygen during that time, literally making them dumber. I do some specific exercises to redirect blood to different parts of the body so my body becomes more efficient at managing and sending blood to different parts quickly.

>That deprives their brain of oxygen during that time, literally making them dumber.
i have no problem believing this

>I do some specific exercises to redirect blood to different parts of the body so my body becomes more efficient at managing and sending blood to different parts quickly.
like what?

anyway, what im sortof getting from your post is: be very hydrated BEFORE hitting the gym? so maybe like, try to drink a litre of water (like 0.25 gallons i think) BEFORE hitting the gym? or am i misunderstanding

>literally
Liters

If they got hit after drinking too much they'll puke
I think his trainer got bad experiences with people puking

I drink like 5 big gulps of water like 15 mins before the gym. The difference I feel between when I do vs when I don't is very noticeable. I get less pain in my knees and back joints mostly. You'll probably have to pee early on in your session, just do that and drink some more.

Even with 5 or so gulps I'm still not properly hydrated and will have to sip every other set. If you want to straight up water dope you can drink 1-2 gallons a day. You're going to piss a lot though so it's annoying, but your performance will increase. It's really more for runners. Moderate hydration is enough for casual lifters.

yea that makes sense too

i kindof have a "plug-in" mentality about my workouts, meaning, when im not at the gym (or preparing for it with meals & sleep & such), i dont really think about it. not trying to become Schwarzenegger-fit. but what im sorta getting is, ill start chugging 0.5 liters of water some time before hitting the gym, and then continuing to drink while im there (which i already do). and that having my stomach full of water before starting to lift will improve my efficiency, because my body needs to be hydrated to give sufficient blood to my muscles. or something.

brrap brrrfffllll braplap

How do you people even come up with these stupid fucking questions?

>Should I deny myself water when exercising

Are you fucking kidding me with this shit?

thanks for that contribution

You're welcome, at least I didn't kill a thread for this retarded shit.

Lmao

I remember my coaches in middle school doing the same thing. They let us do light sips before and during exercise, but we couldn't chug that water until we were done. I think they said its because drinking too much water before/after makes your stomach uncomfortable during physical exertion. I know I feel super full and kind of uncomfortable after leaving the gym if I drink too much.

its not a stupid question, theres a legitimate point to be made, as illustrated by