Calories are a meme

Fact: Fat people eat less calories than thin people

Sources:
>Cannon/Einzig: Dieting makes you fat, London 1983
>Bray: »Obesity«
>M. L. Brown: Present knowledge in nutrition, Washington 1990, S. 23-38;
>Ludwig: Anleitung zum Dickwerden, München 1990.
>R. Beaudoin and J. Mayer: »Food intakes of obese and nonobese women«, Journal of the American Dietary Association 1953;
>J. E. Lincoln: »Calorie intake, obesity, and physical activity«, American Journal of clinical nutrition 1972;
>J. A. Baecke et al.: »Food consumption, habitual physical activity, and body fatness in young dutch adults«, American Journal of clinical nutrition 1983;
>D. Kromhout: »Changes in energy and macronutrients in 871 middle-aged men during 10 years of the follow up the Zutphen study», American Journal of clinical nutrition 1983
>Braitman et al.: »Obesity and caloric intake: the national health and nutrition examination survey of 1971-1975«, Journal of chronic deseases 1985;
>Romieu et al.: »Energy intake and other determinants of relative weight«, American Journal of clinical nutrition 1988

Is this really all underreporting? All of it? Why would you think so?

Attached: New Canvas.jpg (800x566, 394K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jaymans.wordpress.com/2013/04/30/obesity-and-iq/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Self reporting
>Science

Choose one

Attached: 1522103501515.jpg (500x627, 70K)

A guy who sits at his computer all day can eat less than an Olympic athlete and still be fat.

fpbp

Attached: 30a.jpg (600x450, 59K)

What a shit fucking thread. You should feel bad

>Why would you think so?
Because it's well documented and being obese also leads to delusions.

Attached: 1441981151037.png (921x741, 440K)

Attached: Notice the last sentence of Conclusions.png (987x642, 77K)

So your argument is LITERALLY "fat people are dum-dum, so they don't correctly report calories consumed" and "thin people are smarter than fat people so they don't ever make errors when reporting calories consumed".

Just so we're clear, that IS your argument, right?

>Just so we're clear, that IS your argument, right?
My argument is self-reported studies are worthless, because obesity stems from ignorance and sloth, which is well documented.

But my actual argument is 'people who cannot squat their bodyweight for 25 reps aren't really people'

I think sugar and carbs are too efficient for our bodies as fuel that's why whatever you do you won't lost weight unless you cut that stuff completely

>I think
No, you don't.

Kek. Also, some people try "dieting" with horrible macros, which leads them lethargic and evetually cave back in.

t. Fatty

Yes I do, I lost 20 kg doing keto and that's why I believe that, I'm not claiming it's true

Shut your mouth and stop eating you pathetic fat slimeball. Just shut the fuck up

>I believe
This is what you do.
You do not actually think, you just get infected with other people's memes

Anecdotal evidence from living with 3 fat people. They ate twice as much and twice as often.

No, fattie. Neither group should be trusted to report how many calories they ate.

kys

>Anecdotal evidence

Attached: 1497781203280.jpg (1106x962, 333K)

Here's your (you), won't go to any real trouble, but the biggest red flag right off the bat is that every one of your sources is almost 30 years old or older.

People lose weight doing keto because their fatass stops guzzling down pizza, pasta, cookies, chips, donuts, hamburgers, hotdogs, mac n cheese and all the other bad stuff they use to eat.

of course eating veggies and meat will make you lose weight when you don't come close to hitting the caloric in take you use to. do you know how much god damn broccoli and chicken you'd have to eat to equal a big mac meal in calories?

I won't deny this is also a major factor, most stuff you find at a supermarket is full of crap and people eat super unhealthy, heck I was one of them

I'm just saying if fat people want to lose weight, just cut sugar and carbs

I just got up and did 25 squats to prove to myself that I'm people.

Not bodyweight squats, you fat fuck.
Barbell squats below parallel with the equivalent of your bodyweight on your back.

Highly dependent on technique, leverages and equipment.

>all of these sources are from the 1900s

Attached: 276DEB6B-F379-426F-A26C-02861FA734DF.jpg (459x483, 84K)

>all this goal post moving
>ad hominem
>schizo rambling
Yeah, very scientific. I guess OP won this one.

And? So are the sources claiming universal underreporting.

You meatheads are scientifically illiterate.

Object 1 has caloric intake of 3000kcal and TDEE of 2250kcal
Object 2 has caloric intake of 5000kcal and TDEE of 6000kcal

Which one will be leaner?

>of course eating veggies and meat will make you lose weight when you don't come close to hitting the caloric in take you use to. do you know how much god damn broccoli and chicken you'd have to eat to equal a big mac meal in calories?
One Big Mac is 540 calories, 1 g of chicken breast has 2-3 calories, so about 180-270 grams, ie. 6.3 to 9.5 ounces.
If you add brocc and rice, you're a lot over the Big Mac calories with a normal portion.

>Highly dependent on technique, leverages and equipment.
It's just 25 reps with your bodyweight, you fat fuck, not 30 reps with 500lbs.

There's no amount of leverage disadvantage that would make you unable to do 25 reps with your bodyweight, even if you qualify as obese by BMI.

Source: BMI 31, 27 reps with 250lbs @235lbs

>inventing arbitrary numbers
That's it?

>Which one will be leaner?
The one with less bodyfat at the moment.

>It's just 25 reps with your bodyweight, you fat fuck, not 30 reps with 500lbs.
>There's no amount of leverage disadvantage that would make you unable to do 25 reps with your bodyweight, even if you qualify as obese by BMI.
>Source: BMI 31, 27 reps with 250lbs @235lbs
Fatty getting mad.

Yes, mostly to show you, that there are people who can eat shit tonnes of food and stay lean, they are called athletes.

Not the faget but you have to add the coke and large fries because that's what fatties eat. It goes up to 1350.

Depends on each subjects diet/macros

Don't forget the McFlurry afterwards. You know, as a reward for walking to McDonald's instead of driving! Yay, fitness!

You aren't getting anywhere near the amount of fat and simple carbs in the chicken veg and rice as you are in Big Mac and vice versa for protein. They cannot be compared.

>macros

A large Oreo McFlurry is 690 calories if you add that in there. So with a large Big Mac Meal that's 2040. Please don't eat like this, Veeky Forums.

No the fundamental argument is: Calories are under-reported in studies that are assessed by self reporting.

You interpret it in an unnecessarily emotional fashion to mean that he's trying to insult fat people.

>1999 is in the 1900s
You're clearly underage, since you easily disregard a whole century

sorry i forgot that 1999 was actually in the 2000s, my bad

like a free squat or body weight on the bar?

SeeIf you're over 220 you have no reason to live if you can't squat 2pl8 for 25 proper reps in one set.

People lie how much calories they consume all the goddamn time, even skellies who swear they eat more than 3000 calories daily when they bulk, but are never close to that amount to gain muscle. Fatties are the opposite of that spectrum: they underestimate how much they eat, and like skellies, probably overestimate how intense, frequent, and long their workouts actually are. You can't gain muscle if you're burning more energy than you consume, and you can't lose fat if you're eating more than you burn. Both groups are defying the laws of physics with their claims, if they were true.

I once had a doctor friend ask me why i was fat. Said our mutual fat friend was dumb, so what was my excuse?

Now that ive actually spent some time giving a shit and unironically getting educated by Veeky Forums, my obesity basically grew from my nihilism and ignorance.

Not that user, but I like the way you state it. Too bad there won't be many studies on the intelligence and bodyweight correlation.

This poster is himself just repeating somebody else's meme

Bingo, their underestimating of caloric intake is what specifically lead to them being fat and the inverse is true for Shellie’s. Of course a self reported study would reflect such gross misrepresentation of calories consumed.

Au contrere mon frere.
jaymans.wordpress.com/2013/04/30/obesity-and-iq/

this
most worthless fat cunts don't realise how much they eat.
usually because they are delusional and of course "can't be to blame for any of their problems" so they want someone or something to tell them it's not their fault.
spouting shit like exercise or diet resistant
or thyroid problems
fucking cunts

>Fact: Fat people eat less calories than thin people
Then all they have to do is eat a lot more and then they'll become pleasant to look at

sauce on thicc cartoons

Attached: 1513896050796.jpg (300x364, 14K)

fact: fat people consume more calories than they expend
source: they obey the laws of thermodynamics

>Is this really all underreporting?
Yes
>All of it?
Yes
>Why would you think so?
People are notoriously bad at self-reporting food intake and exercise.

Humans are prone to self-delusion, it's that simple.

Attached: image.png (869x430, 64K)