Does running barefoot give you bigger calves...

Does running barefoot give you bigger calves? I imagine shoes are basically like wearing a cast and running barefoot would allow you to land on your forefoot. Imagine wearing straps for every exercising involving arms. Do you expect your forearms to grow?

Attached: image191.jpg (500x330, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=MINIMUS
amazon.com/New-Balance-MT10V1-Minimus-Running/dp/B01FSDDUK0/ref=cm_wl_huc_item
twitter.com/AnonBabble

doesnt being barefoot make it more quad dominant?

>bigger calves

to be perfectly honest, i don't think anyone knows how to grow calves.
and also, there are tribes where people run barefoot and are skellies

True but living off nuts and berries I doubt they get enough calories for them to grow either way.

>OFF BY ONE

Attached: 1517845265880.jpg (597x597, 40K)

Skateboarding a couple times a week last summer made my pushing leg calf visibly bigger than my other so that definitely grows them.

Easiest way to grow calves is to be fat for 5+ years and tip toe up stairs

NO SHIT YOUR CALVES GET BIGGER, IT TAKES ON MORE STRESS FROM EVERY IMPACT RETARD

>skateboarding a couple of times

lololol. I used to skate every day and long board every day at school. My calves stay the same size. Not sure if you are blowing smoke up your own ass but if they did actually grow, you should probably just train calves then since it sounds really easy for you

So why does nobody do this you fuck. Everybody complains about small calves/can't grow calves.

well..... sprinters wear shoes when they train and they seem to be just large in general. Especially their calves. So the whole no shoe theory doesn't actually stand too well

Could be that I skated in a straight line on a bike trail for hours at a time. Forever push.

Right but I'm not saying calves can't be grown while wearing shoes. I'm just saying not wearing them might grow them faster/bigger in comparison

I dont know about that. I used to skate every where since I had no car. On top of that, I would actually spend some time at spots to do stairs, rails, gaps, etc. And this would be for the whole day. I think you just have good calf genes or something.

BECAUSE IT TAKES EDUCATION EFFORT AND PURSUATION

ALSO WHAT ARE NEW BALANCE VIBRUM MINIMUS SHOES?

because no one wants to go for a jog and end up in a hospital from stepping on shards of glass

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=MINIMUS

Garbage most likely. They don't mimic barefoot running nearly as well as you want them to

>Garbage most likely.
THEY'RE NOT
amazon.com/New-Balance-MT10V1-Minimus-Running/dp/B01FSDDUK0/ref=cm_wl_huc_item
EXAMPLE OF GOOD ONE

I had a cast on for months from a broken foot and would hop up the stairs or around the house on one leg a lot

I got a lot stronger in the calf I used, like enough to make regular walking awkward at first, and my calves were still the same size.

I recently took up running and have noticed a decrease in mass compared to when I always hiked and had somewhat large calves compared to my DYEL body. Cardio kills gains that can be easily built with just a few miles walking every day.

>running kills gains built from walking

it's strength vs. cardio. have you not noticed how runners are all extra skellies?

running on inclines
cycling sprints / mtb

Not necessarily, but fore or midfoot striking when you run will.

When you land near the front of your foot, your foot acts as a lever with your calf acting as the counterbalance to your body weight. So you work the muscle when you run this way.

Typical running shoes cause people to heel strike when they run. If you heel strike, the force transfers directly up your bones into the upper leg and the calf muscles are not engaged.

Get a minimal running shoe and expect to have a performance decrease compared to previous as you build up the muscles in your feet and calves

Attached: 1518228199721.jpg (1280x1741, 233K)

thats because all they do is run with with no hypertrophy sessions, and its at lactic threshold. So yeah your body is gonna breakdown dumb dumb.

Running doesn't kill gains. Neither does cardio. What does kill gains is overtraining, wich is you lift weights 4x a week and run 5x a week for an hour at a hard pace then sure its gonna kill your gains. So is lifting weights 6x a week.