"you should diversify your holdings across multiple coins"

>"you should diversify your holdings across multiple coins"

But isn't that true?

>you should go all in on 1 coin with a solid dev team like Confido

It is true op is being a giant faggot

I fell for the diversify meme. 6 Month ago my portfolio was exacly worth as much as it's now because I didn't buy/sell in the time between. half of my coins went to shit, other half is doing alright. Great. Fuck this, gonna reduce everything to just 3-4 coins max soon.

>inb4 all remaining 3-4 coins go to shit
c'est la vie, baby!

It's true, though. You don't need like 50 coins, but if you're invested in 3-10 coins, it's much safer. Remember that there are coins for different purposes. Ethereum and Neo are for smart contracts/apps, Monero is for privacy, Ripple is supported by the big banks, TenX and Monaco are getting into the credit card market, etc.

I would say a "safe" long-term portfolio would have 30-50% in BTC, and the rest in a handful of other coins with high potential. Even if you're in it for short-term gains, do you really want to go all-in on an altcoin and hold the bags for months (or forever)? Or would you rather buy it with some of your BTC and then use the rest to invest in another one?

you must be so incredibly bad at picking coins, its impressive
tell me user, how did you manage to not make any money in the past 6 months
im actually astounded.

Less risk but also less reward.
All depends how willing one is to lose his investment.

>what are stop losses
>what are take profit levels

Not everything in your portfolio has to moon, you just have to manage your losses

I basically do this, but with eth as my 50%. I prune the coins that aren't performing and when one of them spike I pull them from wallet and day trade till they settle down again. This is the best way I have found to bank the gains from individual coins in a diverse portfolio.

he's objectively correct and you're just being a disingenuous faggot

Very much so. People who went all in into an altcoin and won have a huge survivorship bias. Diversifying for safe gains.

>Play the lottery and win a million like me!!1

ill take the bait
find me 3 coins that are lower right now than what they were on 5/24/2017
and no, you can't pick obvious shitcoins, unless you're agreeing that the other guy picked piles of garbage.

actually ill make it easy
find me 1
find me one fucking coin that is lower today than it was 6 months ago, that isn't a steaming pile of dog shit.

>4540660
Siacoin....

It's only a lottery to dumb people.

>bait and switch
>being this stupid

Isn't there still a lot of chance involved even if you are intelligent?

That advice is only for people with actual money to lose. A brainlet, truly.

This is the right response to OP, but you could have sold CFD for 20x+ profit at some point.