Can someone find me that report where the FBI seized silk road coins and they knew exactly how much BTC and ETH had...

Can someone find me that report where the FBI seized silk road coins and they knew exactly how much BTC and ETH had been transacted but had no idea how much Monero?

Search on justia

Also it was ALPHABAY and not silkroad

thxxxxxx

I want to start buying monero, but am afraid that it will eventually be banned and no place except the darknet will be able to use it. If that happens, I don't think the price will go up that much.

What do you guys think?

like how they banned drugs?
the price will only go up if that happens

will be harder to buy, so more expensive

Buy monero - it's going to pop when BTC difficulty goes up in an hour and chaindeath begins

This doesn’t make any sense. They say they seized the crypto, including the monero. How is it possible that they seized the XMR but they don’t know the value of it? Doesn’t make any sense.

Banned? The feds can’t just “ban” crypto especially monero. It’s peer to peer. Exchanges will still carry monero, especially ones outside of the US. They would’ve banned bitcoin if they could because it was once the primary Darknet trading currency but they didn’t.

>tldr can’t just ban crypto
>should’ve already banned bitcoin if that was the case

Oh hey, is this your first day here?

If Bitcoin is ever "banned"

XMR takes over

im starting to think monero is the ultimate honey pot
pretends to be super secure
the feds confirm it as so to feed the confirmation bias of the holders
and when push comes to show they find who ever they need through monero but without directly mentioning it to keep it secure as a honey pot

I think you're a fucking idiot who doesn't have even a basic understanding of the underlying principles that made cryptocurrencies attractive in the first place.

>push comes to show
Pajeet detected

Monero is open source, you are free to create a testnet to try to break the anonimity.

holy crap
i didn`t even notice that
and im not even mobile fag and neither am i a dirty pajeet

>How'd they sieze it then?
When you have crypto on an exchange you don't actually have that crypto the exchange does. Silk Road accounts worked the same way, you'd deposit the amount you were going to use to buy things and some people left amounts sitting in the accounts. So when Roberts got busted and they got access they could sieze everything that was in an anyone's account. This is why there is a need for a decentralized darknet marketplace. Something like bitbay except without the ability for listings to be removed by the devs,

First month. Do you know the answer to my question or will you continue to provide no value on this thread?

It says they "have control over" meaning they have their computers, but not necessarily that they have the passwords for all their wallets. Since they can check the public blockchains for the other ones they can see how much their wallets contain, but there's no way to see it with Monero.

>im starting to think monero is the ultimate honey pot
>pretends to be super secure

This is some of the lamest FUD I've ever seen. Monero is open-source, you can see how the everything works. Grow a brain.

Awesome. Thanks for the explanation.

>This is some of the lamest FUD I've ever seen.
Its pretty hilarious.
>I think they're only pretending its secure
>So I'll stick with something that everyone knows is insecure
Even if they were just pretending which is unlikely, it'd still be safer to use because they're not going to go around busting everyone using it as that'd make it obvious that its not secure. They'd instead only go after the most serious things.

you mispelled zcash aka kikecash