Can anyone actually explain what makes LINK "revolutionary?"

Can anyone actually explain what makes LINK "revolutionary?"

First explain why you expect LINK to go higher than its current ATH. Do you even know what LINK does? I think a lot of you just see a lot of technical jargon and think that it means that LINK is somehow revolutionary, but when you look at what it actually means and what LINK actually does, you'll see that LINK isn't really all that special.

LINK is just a middleware that facilitates communication between smart-contracts and external data that those smart-contracts rely on. That's it. That's what an oracle is.

Now can you explain why that should be worth more than $0.40-$0.50 per token?

>muh oracle problem
It's just a connectivity problem. LINK is an oracle, a middleware, that facilitates communication. How much is that worth? According to market sentiment, about ~$0.20 a token. LINK isn't revolutionary, it's ETH and smart contracts that are revolutionary, and LINK is just kind of a bandage.

>.50 cent link bag holder vents his frustration

just hold m8, we're all gonna make it anyways.

Please explain why you think it would go higher than its current ATH.

Have you read the white paper? Try section 2.1 starting on page 5.

Yes. I already explained exactly what LINK does. That's all it does. Explain why it's worth more.

Your FUD won't work on me. The tokens pay node operators for the data. Supply and demand takes over from there. Plus some amount of LINK increases node reputation which also lowers supply.

It's not FUD, it's a question. If you can't answer it, then maybe you should reconsider your position.

And to add, the reason why there is a billion coins is there will eventually so many nodes that hold millions of link to up their reputation it just makes sense to start of with a bunch so we don't have $50000 tokens.

If you had a reading level beyond that of a pajeet you'd see I had responded to your question.

So you say that ETH and smart contracts are revolutionary. How do you expect those revolutionary smart contracts to be of any use at all without pulling data from off-chain?

>How do you expect those revolutionary smart contracts to be of any use at all without pulling data from off-chain?
With LINK, or something like it. Which is what I said. But why is that worth more than its current range?

So defensive. All I have to do is ask questions to break you.

Are link nodes are kind of like links version of mining.

Why is ETH worth 470? BTC 8800?

And also, this "bandage" you speak of is necessary for an estimated 80%+ of smart contracts and there is no other competition that is even CLOSE to having a working product as chainlink is. Oraclize is centralized, aka shit. Aeternity doesnt even have its blockchain working it, let alone functioning smart contracts, let alone decentralized oracles. And even if they did, it wouldnt matter because nobody is going to use their shitty blockchain anyways. At this point they literally have nothing except a bunch of empty promises with nothing to show for it. The only thing that even comes close to trying to achieve what chainlink is doing is a chinese company called oracle chain and they wont have a working product until mid 2019 if theyre lucky. Obligatory pic of oracle chain timeline from their website.

BTC is a digital currency, blockchain based, and the first of its kind. Blockchain technology is revolutionary. So are smart-contracts. Oracles, while important, are not revolutionary.

Retarded argument. No virtual coin should be worth more than 1 cent if that according to you,

Kill yourself

Something like that but instead of wasting electricity and power it does something useful.

Because it's gonna be in hot demand you nigger

>Oraclize is centralized, aka shit.
Expand on this.

No, I never said that. I didn't even imply it. My argument doesn't even logically lead to that.

Good argument. Unfortunately, it doesn't answer any questions or make them go away. Sorry

But why are they worth 8800/470 instead of say 1mil/10k?

Because people want to buy them. No one wants to buy LINK.

It's current price of the LINK token is factoring in the following:

No main-net running yet = no demand
no normie exchanges
no hype
no news
no nothing

When the main-net is up and god knows how many companies are using LINK to pay the node operators for their data there will be a higher demand = increased price

Node operators will get higher priority based on how much LINK they have so it will be beneficial for them to hoard it. Lower supply = increased price

When exchange listings happen and normies start to find out about chainlink and we start to get news of partnerships and other things, demand from speculators will increase by A LOT = higher price

lol trying to subtly FUD because he got burnt by LINK. Can feel his anger all the way from the other side of the screen.

So the millions raised during ICO never happened.

I say oraclize is being centralized makes it shit because its a single point of failure. Large companies such as SWIFT, sony, axa, factom, req, hcl, they are not going to trust all of their data to one third party that can be hacked. A decentralized network of oracles is important so that there are multiple sources that they can pull the data from.

For the record, I'm smart money. I bought in at 15 cents.

>hurr oracles are not revolutionary
eat a dick fagget
yur sub 80 IQ brain wouldn't even be able to understand how the oracle will work in a decentralized system, let alone creating such masterpiece

>It's not FUD, it's a question. If you can't answer it, then maybe you should reconsider your position.
nobody is gonna "reconsider" shit you brainlet
I know what you want, you want to be spoon fed but that ain't gonna happen, put your effort, do the research and maybe you'll grasp the basics after 5 weeks, otherwise, just don't buy and go chase shitcoins

The time for education and spoon feeding has ended a few weeks ago

Do you have any other questions? I have answered just about everything you have asked i believe.

OP is literally a 90 IQ pajeet

OP, come back here and answer him you fucking pajeet. Don't fucking run because you don't have a rebuttal.

No one spoon feed this idiot. No one answer his question cuz hes too dumb to figure it out.

Yeah he's gone. He doesnt want to look like even more of an idiot.

holy shit

chinese knockoff confirmed

that means LINK is gonna be huge.

i like this guy he's in every fucking link thread, can you post in mine? it doesn't have any replies