Up 150%

>up 150%
>literally no one on Veeky Forums is talking about it

And that's how you know this is going to be the next 10x moon mission. People will only start talking about everyone has missed the boat, because that's the way this board works.

i made like 3 threads about this after i stocked up

shh, nobody talked about powr as well

Wow one whole thread dedicated to a coin that is relevant due to net neutrality AND has a working product coming out in a month. Meanwhile 40 threads about LINK which is going to go into sub ten cents soon.

I'm done accumulating I don't really give a fuck

Yeah dude, welcom to Veeky Forums... I'm here with you at 1k coins. Will probably buy a coupe hundred more

>buying into a crypto that has already seen a 150% rise in a short time
I too like to burn my money

I don't think you understand the implications of this project, and the timing of it...

This coin is literally the best, wish I bought more but im too scared to buy at an ATH

I bought 50 the other night. Pic very much fucking related.

The problem with your assertion is that you think this is a P&D. Look at the fucking 3M and 1W. This is steadily growing coin. Look at the roadmap

>new site next week
>Beta in December
>launched product in Jan

Meanwhile,

>Net Neutrality vote certain to pass in Dec 14.

The rumor AND news will send this into overdrive.

only 50...

Stop shitting up my board discord faggots.
I'm a web developer and can tell you this is utter garbage that doesn't stand a chance of working.
Static pages are the only thing this would work for and those are already impossible to censor.
Dynamic pages require heavy backends on servers with enough storage and network bandwidth. Syncing dynamic websites across distributed low bandwidth PCs? Give me a break. It's difficult enough to deploy from a test server to production without major hangups, I can't even imagine what a clusterfuck debugging this project would be.

Nice just bought 100k

bought in the ico never selling. gonna make free sub in January when it launches comfy.jpg fuck the haters

Not only that, how are you going to get major sites to host a substratum node when the project is pretty much unknown to everyone and they have no real incentive to host besides a couple cents every day.

This, I bought in yesterday and thought I was dumb, but saw so much promise in it that I FOMO'd in again today and I'm already sitting on gains.

The sites dont host sub nodes, they are hosted on sub nodes, which can be anyone with excess bandwidth that wants a little cash

The fact that you are sitting on gains is testament to the coin’s success? Kindly fuck off.

You're going to be sorry

big mouths like you make it difficult to accumulate. everyone knew this coin was going to blow up. but your ego has to be the one to say i told you so in the end. right?

someone silence this FUD pls

Mmm.. I won't miss the 90% losses you'll sustain over 2 days.
There's about 20 fundamental reasons why this is a bad idea, and the site is done so shittily it won't even get idiot hype.
Drop your bags, your co-pumpers are going to dump on you at the first chance.

I'm up over 100% thanks to this coin but why is the whole net neutrality thing having an effect?

How does substratum keep NN?

It's already getting idiot hype... and what is going to cause the 90% inthe next two days... NN decision coming up, and a new website..

That's fine, keep fuding it up. I know you are just trying to get it cheaper.

I think you are just mad you sold early.

Retards are banking on the fact that met neutrality is going to be repealed and will drop this coin like fire when net neutrality is not repealed and the coin drops back down to .15

List the reason? Genuine interest not shilling.

Dude it's not even voted on until Decemebr 14th right? That's like 2 more weeks of 30% daily chains, only a fool wouldn't capitalize on this, and if you're so worried jsut cash out early. It's not priced in yet, and you're still here early buddy :-)

Net neutralilty is very unlikely to stay due to the jewish ISP that want their money along with the US government support to abolish it

>not priced in
And what are you basing this on? I only invest in projects I believe in and substratum is not one of them.

Fuck the moon. This shit is going to the next galaxy.

where do I even start?
Hosting a dynamic website is no cakewalk. for any decent website you're going to need a terabyte of space for storing scripts, database, etc.
What operating system are all these distributed nodes going to be running? No one will want to buy a server, they'll just want to use their PC.... even if they want to host a node for god knows why.
Windows 7? Vista? 10? Mac? Linux? Each OS you support exponentially increases support complexity.
each one you don't support limits the number of nodes that can run your site.

They claim they'll support .NET, django, and PHP. those aren't even the most popular stacks anymore and that alone is a huge task to accomplish.

And as soon as any of these techs update their technology (like they do every year), how does the project plan to upgrade to the latest versions? lol they won't even be able to keep up with just one of these.

you basically need a sysadmin or developer to deal with random issues that come up on one host, how are you going to deal with random issues on 10 different operating systems and 20 different versions of underlying hardware?

>mfw SUB is up 180%
>mfw I only have 333 SUB

Can someone explain how this is meant to be used for anything other than static content?

To me, this is a CDN, but just on the blockchain, without any benefit.

Am interested in other peoples thoughts

It's not priced in because I haven't seen the hype train hit the reddit idiots yet. But I'm not trying to be a douche, could you please inform me on why you think this project doesn't have the merits to succeed?

I'm here to learn and/or get pointed in the right direction so I can teach myself, not to shill my bags.

Why are you in this thread? You are clearly interested in Substratum or just very salty to didn't buy in

Interesting user, thank you. These were all things I didn't consider and ideally by tomorrow I can dispell your FUD, and if I can't then I shall withdraw my funds from this project. Thanks for your take on the project.

To be fair, he listed out explicit concerns that have yet to be addressed by any user here. Anyone invested in this should be able to answer these questions, myself included.

>mooning like a motherfucker
>team is great and very active
>real world politics are sending this flying
>"I only invest in projects I believe in"

Are you retarded?

This is my thoughts as well. As well, I don't see how this will solve anything to do with Net Neutrality.

sucks being poor huh

>Hosting a dynamic website is no cakewalk
10 Terabytes isn't a lot. Hosting a website is very easy. Its like $200 for a 8TB hard drive.
>No one will want to buy a server
are you kiddin me? A serve is a computer, you don't need to, people literally host websites on their computer fine.
>Windows 7? Vista? 10? Mac? Linux? Each OS you support exponentially increases support complexity
You know as the project progresses they can hire more developers that are trained in this aspect right?
>And as soon as any of these techs update their technology (like they do every year), how does the project plan to upgrade to the latest versions?
As mentioned hire more devs
>you basically need a sysadmin or developer to deal with random issues that come up on one host
No you don't its not hardware it the software so as it will be the developer that fixes it.

Did you more advanced technical fellas look to answer these questions on the website?

I only skimmed bitcoin talk forums, as usually there's some genius that will BTFO of the shit projects (see IOTA for some keks), but everything I read was positve and none of these points were brought up.

So perhaps they have elegant solutions to these issues, I don't know. I'll have to research tomorrow.

based user delivers with easier answers than I imagined, fuck I could've dispelled that FUd

but you didn't address the dynamic webpage stuff?

What? Its stored on your hard drive, its for server based stuff like Database php, you can run Microsoft Access, or MY SQL or some shit on some $1000 computer. Also Substratum is supposed to be decentralized so websites are hosted on multiple nodes meaning not all load is put on a single computer hosting a node

>Its like $200 for a 8TB hard drive.
to host a 1% return node? hmm....
>are you kiddin me? A serve is a computer, you don't need to, people literally host websites on their computer fine.
Yeah... tell me what your ISP upload bandwidth is? Are you going to upgrade to server bandwidth for an extra $50 a month?
>You know as the project progresses they can hire more developers that are trained in this aspect right?
hmm yup I bet the project can afford the 2 dozen devs they'll need to support all these
>As mentioned hire more devs for tech stacks
now we need 100 devs
>No you don't its not hardware it the software so as it will be the developer that fixes it.
bugs affect different OS's differently. It's a lot of work to write platform agnostic code, so most shops stick to supporting one OS.
Who is going to configure the firewall settings, database security when someone sets up their node? There is NO way to automate this. Even when you're supporting just one OS & stack, you never catch every little bug that can pop up.

just sold half, covered my initial investment in 6 days
keeping the other half in there to see where it goes, i like what i've seen and think it has potential but holding more bitcoin is just more important right now

For sure, do your own research. As I mentioned above, good for static content (news sources). I asked the question above, hoping someone could answer my question, but no one has.

Just be wary of putting too much into it, in the hope of it becoming a long term thing. Might be good for trading on the dip

I bought 25, when do I get my lambo?

there you go

>to host a 1% return node? hmm....
Blockchains, it will be spread out on multiple nodes
>Yeah... tell me what your ISP upload bandwidth is? Are you going to upgrade to server bandwidth for an extra $50 a month?
$50 a month is nothing when you're getting lots of users
>hmm yup I bet the project can afford the 2 dozen devs they'll need to support all these
What is outsourcing
>now we need 100 devs
Github, people can contribute and no we don't need 100 devs. As the project goes on there will be much more support for the project and outsiders will know of substratum. Since the code is on Github people and the community can contribute for free, which is what actually happens
>bugs affect different OS's differently. It's a lot of work to write platform agnostic code, so most shops stick to supporting one OS.
Look at how many softwares out there that just support so many OS out there even with bugs they are minor and can be slowly fixed over time
>Who is going to configure the firewall settings, database security when someone sets up their node?
Wtf this is so easy
>There is NO way to automate this
of course not because you can make instructions and user manual and technical guides
> you never catch every little bug that can pop up.
WHAT IS GITHUB people can report problems

Also I'd like to add on substratum price will explode, the project developers can easily hire or outsource. It seems like you're just trying too hard to say this project is too hard to do and ambitious, its ambitious and hard but look at microsoft, they started with DOS just a command line and they built up over time and became one of the biggest companies. Substratum will be the same and they're already in the early stages of development. No matter what when you're an investor you always have risks as problems can occur over the long run.

imagine what Veeky Forums would be like on this platform
>no nodes because the costs vs returns aren't worth it
>nearest node is in albania
>posting doesn't work on this node because of PHP bug #140273 with mysql running on debian kernel 8
>the host has no idea how to fix it, nor cares, he doesn't want to spend time fixing it for $2 a day
>half of the posts don't show up because of syncing errors
>posts don't show up in the same order on anyone's browser

Now you're just speculating when when the beta isn't even released yet, jesus the amount of FUD on this project really shows the amount of interest and people discussing Substratum. You people do know what this means for this project right?

>DYOR
Sometimes it's difficult to find the time with 10,000 projects mooning every day. I bought into this because I like mycology (substrate) and a decentralized network sounded cool, but I had no fucking idea other than that.

I've had my run reading about P2P networks and stuff, but it's scary how fast you have to decide sometimes. I just thought if I buy into this hype this early, others will later, and I by then I'll know if I want to keep it or not. I guess that's just part of the game at times though.

Anyhow, you sem more knowledgable than myself, did you feel like the FUD was addressed well enough here: I feel the response: , was rather lackluster. So I'm a little unsatisfied.

Suit yourself. I just enjoy thinking about the idea. Don't bother listening to professionals, greedy pump anons are better to listen to.

I don't see anything proffesional coming out of your post, what made you say "no nodes because the costs vs returns aren't worth it" how do you know this when we don't even have nodes out yet? You're speculating on so much bullshit, there no nodes out YET, how can you know this? You don't know the return cost or how much for a node yet, "posting doesn't work on this node because of PHP bug #140273 with mysql running on debian kernel 8" sigh I don't even...The rest of your lines just makes me what to say how did you come up with those statements? These devs are delivering their beta already and you're saying they won't be bothered fixing a bug?

I'm new to crypto. Where can I buy?

This, I gave him way too much "professional web dev" doubt. I'm barely /tech/ at all and I could've defeated that fudster. I think he's obviously pissed because he knew the project early and didn't get in early for gains.

>salty

check coinmarketcap

They already confirmed support for both MySQL and dynamic pages

They have millions literally reserved to just spend on marketing when the time is right, do your fucking research lazy prick

Just watch the fucking interviews to learn how it works retard

pic related new website preview

binance, hurry. don't even counter fomo on this, it's not dipping unti DEcember 14th at earliest. I almost didn't byu in yesterday cuz fomo (I never buy when somethings up 20%) but I'm damn glad I did. This hasn't hit the real hype train yet so I'd still say you're early, I think we'll be pushing $0.9 in two weeks

Static content is great. 90% of all websites should be exclusively static but there is just not many widely adopted good tools to create such sites yet. You can still connect to a remote database if necessary for dynamic data and CRUD. There's many problems to solve with this approach but it could become at least a small niche in the market of static hosting.

Put $200 in to Sub 2 days ago and got $110 profit.

Just bought 1 Eth worth of it now since Eth is dropping while BTC is getting hyped for 10k, let's hope for more great returns.

HOLY SHIT THIS PUMP

3500 to 4200 in 5 minutes

i've literally ignored this coin because its logo is so fucking awful. i ignored Antshares too because it was dumb

feels bad man

I'm accumulating on coss

What is the tip? There has to be a correction coming after this pump

every thread kek

is this a meme?

>hold coss
>passively accumulate a portfolio of shitcoins and moon missions
>meme

heh...

nice, just bought 100k

Veeky Forums only talks about shitcoins and spreads memes
No one comes here for real financial advice or good coins

The volume is too low for me to want to short desu.

Just gonna hold until 8k satoshi and sell part of my stack.

I do. I want Veeky Forums to be a better place and better community overall. If everyone here would solve their financial problems and live up to their dreams I think this place might be nicer. So I only give honest advices and research extensively, sharing my finds with anons. I don't shill, I don't scam, I love seeing anons happy.

its hard to do so when you get called a pajeet for doing legit threads tho... its like Veeky Forums wants to stay poor and fling shit at you sometimes

I shilled quite a lot of coins in the past, I always predicted it right. Literally. At the time it was NULS KMD DCR POWR NEO (Just a week ago when it ran up 73%) then I lastly shilled SUB. I would actually use a tripcode but I will feel like chicken teeka from the PBC group.
Though since this is a SUB thread I'm not going to recommend coins other than SUB right now. Glad that I bought in this promising project. I've been day trading this coin when it was around 1700 sats and made myself hefty profits.

It's to be expected, after all this place is so full of them. Some people fail to realize that scamming each other at pnd is less profitable than working together for the good of all anons.

Jesus, 4375. Now to rebuy the correction

Prisoner's dilemma.

thanks guys

i've been into SUB ever since my nigga Data Dash talked about it. Feels good

i like datadash. too bad he sucks blockstream's cock.

Yeah, and they claim they are going to develop this technology is less than 2 months. I knew this was a scam from day one when they photoshopped their name onto some mac screenshot as proof of their product. I once asked them how it was supposed to work and they said:
"we store encrypted chunks of data on one blockchain, and which algorithm is used on each chunk on another blockchain for extra security"
It's all just a load of shit that they are making it up as they go along. I bet they never expected to get so many dumbasses to give them money so they are going to stretch this out as long as possible. They've already sold off tons of tokens. Such outright fraud I have been watching this shitshow for a while now and am amazed at how dumb people are, all their investors are shilling and pumping this crap.

Agreed. I think the CRUD application would be dependent on what data will be served. Anything to do with personal information may be torn apart by the EU if it doesn't meet certain standards, regardless of decentralized or not (There will always be big farms that will take most of the hosting)

I haven't looked into what he was saying. I don't think his concern is warranted, given the market *I* think that substratum is aiming for.

>They already confirmed support for both MySQL and dynamic pages
This is why this is so obviously a scam. How on earth is it even possible to decentralize a MySQL database? Imagine running SELECT * FROM `users` from a database that is stored on hundreds of laptops, how the fuck would they secure this even? And don't say encryption because the dynamic php script running on yet another laptop has to actually read the data to give you your webpage. And, how the fuck would they even run a php script when it's distributed on 12 different computers? include("config.php") would show the root database credentials, it is impossible to encrypt this in any way because the script has to actually run on some random users computer.

Noice

Got in at $0.15 about two months ago, thank you Data Dash.

I'm just letting you know, you're messing with a real NEET here and I'm going to make threads calling out your specific ID just to silence this FUD you're spitting after I do some hefty research. this is /ourcoin/

>iqvE0gT7

I do too. I come here to scan for good projects, but most of the time it's legit shilling. It wasn't always so blatant and bad.

POWR taught me a very important lesson on Veeky Forums - not to ignore every alt shilled here. I missed big gains (I wouldn't gone that heavy into it anyway), but still.

we should get IP flags like /pol/ and /int/

I don't know fuck all about this coin besides seeing a couple shill threads, but as an IT guy you do appear to know what you're talking about. I know very little about web development so I appreciate the heads up. Nice to see there's actually some legit bizraelis.

>people host websites on their home computers

Do you not know what "bandwidth" is you fuckin retard?

>FUD
there's no uncertainty about it. This project will fail 100%.
and he brought up something even bigger that I didn't think about. There is zero security with a decentralized website. all the db credentials are needed on each node for anything to work.
database syncing is complicated enough with master slave architectures, distributed syncs are only in the realm of PhD research.
then all of this is assuming no one will attack the network. once anyone tries to attack the network, none of these websites will display what its supposed to.

>not holding and selling for even more bitcoin

Why?

Desperation fud
It’s fucking working already in beta
Keep saying the big words while we make the big money

Network engineer here.

to add to this, how the fuck are you going to run actual proper websites distributed across home internet links with potentially shitty performance.

Fuck this piece of shitcoin that only Suppoman community is holding. Don't give them anymore credit for the shit coin they choose.

yeah man, all coins that go up come down again before they go up again. People on this board just don't get it and only buy at the tip when they see a coin being successful and then freaks out and sells because they bought at the top and now they sell for a loss and come crying on this board. it happens every day, all day

>It’s fucking working already in beta
Put up or shutup, give the source code (not just a screenshot pls). A tweet from the shill team that says their beta is working is 100% meaningless. I can tweet that I solved time travel, just invest in my erc20 token to be a part of it.