Mfw 50,000 BTC were for sale @ $.077 each on September 5th, 2010

>mfw 50,000 BTC were for sale @ $.077 each on September 5th, 2010

$3,850 would have bought them all.
Would be worth $450,000,000 today.

i'd suck a dick for this opportunity no homo

or even a simple 20 dollars laying around would give you 2M if HODL till now

>That Joey guy is literally rich

i remember being on some random forums at the time and someone posted about mining this fake money called bitcoin.

read the post and moved onto the next post, as if it was nothing.

if only it piqued my interest or the dude writing it was a better writer. kek

>if HODL till now
Exactly. I seriously think like 99% of people would not have held it until now. The other 1% would have forgotten about it.

In hindsight it's easy to say you would have, but back then (especially after Mt Gox), nobody would have. Still nice to dream about lol

You probably would've lost everything on mtgox or fomosold as soon as it hit 100usd. Trust me I was there during that time buying btc to buy drugs.
No one I repeat NO ONE tho this shit would go this far.

>implying you would have the mental fortitude to survive all the FOMO and dips
>implying you wouldnt be greedy enough to cash out at x%

You werent interested in the breakthrough invention of non centralized currency?

Now we know, and I'll be holding my BTC + the alt I think might take it over for at least four more years

replace FOMO with FUD

Only few that hold since 2010 most people sold at 2013, Gavin is one of them for sure.

Yep. There's no point in thinking about what you did in the past. I had around 100-200 btc at some point. All spent on drugs.
No one can see the future, all you can do is learn from your mistakes and improve your life.

Everyone who had a good amount of bitcoin back then sold when it reached $1. And if they didn't, they sold when it reached $10...the few ones remaining sold at $100.... and the very few one with concrete hands sold at $1,000... the ones with golden hands got goxxed.

Only the 0.0000001% of the early adopters who had diamond hands AND stored in a secure wallet are now millionares.

The ones that actually got rich are the few lucky ones who mined bitcoin back then and forgot their funds and recently found their wallet.

Early miners are the true believer
Good for them

>mfw amazon was $0.10 in 1998

>today its 1000

What's your point user? Can't see the future faggit?

Either this or be me and permanently lose my HDD with 2 BTC and 30 LTC cause it was 10 fucking years ago and I was a dumb teen

How easy was it to buy BTC with Credit/Debit card back in 2010-2012. I wanted to buy in mid-2012 but mtgox only accepted bank transfer. My brain instantly shut off when I thought about how much work that was.

I'm just thinking about how different my life could have been if I went to a different website where I could have bought with card because I was prepared to spend allot.

I feel much better being ignorant of Bitcoin than if I did buy it then and sold at 3x

In 2011 I was too scared of mt gox since they would randomly shut off trading or shut off account creation.

I bought like 2 with Paypal for $10/each but I had to buy Second Life Linden, deposit into Virwox via an ATM inside Second Life, trade SL$ for BTC, withdraw from Virwox with a 1 btc withdrawal minimum.

Their fees even back then where like 20-30% so it felt like getting ripped off. Youd have to have been buying from them or directly from other users.

2013 saw a lot of sites popped up that sold directly for Paypal that lasted quite awhile and they had figured out fraud prevention to stay in business.

>bank transfer. My brain instantly shut off when I thought about how much work that was.
These are the kind of people investing in bitcoin, ladies and gentlemen.

>paid 211BTC for a gram of weed

was it dank

I'm so sick of bitcoin gaining popularity in the media and becoming so pricey. everyone I talk to knows I have investments and they ask me how much and I just tell them I'm not willing to disclose that. Then they go on to monologue like or about how they "had 1 bitcoin" or "were so close to buying 100 bitcoin" 5 years ago. It's bullshit and conveniently everyone has the same story to share!

I bought a bag of beef jerky for 2 BTC in 2011.

You know, this is one of the more interesting counterfactuals of bitcoin. Everyone always points out that if you had bought all that BTC for pennies back then you certainly would have sold it all in the April 2013 bubble. But if you had actually bought 50,000BTC back in sept 2010 then there might not have BEEN an April 2013 bubble. The whole of the bitcoin ecosystem might have evolved differently with such a huge amount of the market being bought up so early. Who knows how differently things could have turned out.

I mean, that 50k was probably eventually bought by 1000 people or so. Each one of them told 10 of their friends about bitcoin and so on, until someone told Tim Draper. If you had bought them all out then maybe a bunch of early adopters would have never known about it.

I think there actually a few bit of people that saw the long term potential in this and held.

I bough 4 BTC for $280 around 5/6 years back. Was too scared to use silkroad and didn’t know what to do with them. I forgot about them for years and luckily when cleaning out my desk drawers I found my old wallet and private key. I restored it and a month later found Biz.
I’ve sold 2 BTC at around $7700 for a little over 10oz if gold on JMBullion, the rest went into investing into OMG, ETHOS, ETH and XMR
That one time I was to much of a pussy to buy drugs online ended up making me almost $40,000

Fees must have comprised about 20% of that 280$ purchase right?

same