Did you ever make a fat finger typo? What were the consequences?

Did you ever make a fat finger typo? What were the consequences?

When BTC was over $1000 I accidentally sold 1.26k instead of 1.26; it caused a bank run on Mt. Gox. I was able to buy it back for $200 each so it wasn't a big deal.

devil

One time I was in a hurry to buy some OMG on my phone, but I was all out of high speed data and there was no wifi nearby. I tried pressing the buy button to no response, so I kind of spammed it like a retard. Eventually the order went through twice and I ended up with way more OMG than intended. I couldn't sell the excess either because I probably would have ended up selling my entire stack. Anyway I had to hold it until I got home and there no major consequences really. Just lot a little on exchange fees I guess.

I'm asking because I just sold XMR instead of buying it because of sleepiness. Ironically I still made a profit because I bought at 158 and sold at 161.

>a fat finger typo
hahahaha, burgers :D :D :D

No becauase I can actually type unlike Veeky Forums brainlets

i accidentally bought 350000 btc for 1 cent each in 2010 instead of the onahole i was trying to buy from japan because i cant read moonrunes

yeah
>typed a draft text to my hot cousin that i need my dick to be sat on real bad because she caught me checking out her tits when she bent over.
>didnt send the draft because aunt came by to ask me about her car
>asked me to get cousin from outside
>texted her to come in forgetting about the unfinished draft and the message was hidden with a new line started when i typed "come inside please".
>immediately remember the draft and my stomach sank like bricks
>she comes in going "what the fuck?"
>entire message read "i need my dick to be sat on real bad come inside please".
>cant begin to explain but she kept on pulling down her shirt to cover her thong and would close herself in more when im around.

copy/pasted an eth address when an ICO was collecting pre orders.

Checked the first 6 or so digits and the last 6 and it looked like every other transaction I ever sent.

Didn't realize there was one letter in the address that was Capitalized.

Hit send, waited, waited... saw the transaction on the chain... still wasnt in my wallet WTF.

Looked harder. I missed 1 fucking letter being capitalized. The rest of the address was lower-case.

How did this happen? Did you copy the address from the original ICO site or from a random forum?

topkek,
hot story though lmfao

I bought 7 Sojourn coins for 0.8 Eth. I'm not even kidding. I have no fucking clue how this shit happened, prolly insomnia habits kicking in

Actually this is the exact reason to never keep that much money in a single account.

I learned this from EVE online where we usually traded in billions of ISK curency. So what we would do is have alts everywhere to just told anything over 10 billion and transfer money as needed to the characters that need it so you don't accidentally send someone 1 billion instead of 100 million because you pressed 0 one too many times.

Sent eos to eth wallet. Then it went 4x

Fml

Yeah on etherdelta.
I immediately lost 7 thousand dollars that I had worked all summer to make.
>tfw still up 10x despite fat finger trade

Sold a bunch of Lisk at .0001 instead of .001

Felt bad man.

bet on the eagles a couple weeks ago while drunk. accidentally bet .1 BTC instead of .01, turned out OK though.

IT was through teamviewer on a Mac that I accessed from my work's PC.

I think it got fucked in that translation of ctrl/cmd being mac and pc through teamviewer. Also noticed it happens if you paste into notepad sometimes.

>I learned this from EVE online
All I did in Eve online was sitting in the big hubs selling stuff, I never even seen any space combat, I was too buys making ISK.
at some point I realised "hey this is like a job but I don't really get paid enough for it" and stopped playing.
then much later I started trading crypto and this shit is almost exactly like Eve.

Tried to set up a stop-loss position but ended up entering it as an instant order. It's just another way to buy high and sell low I figured.

Accidentally bought back sub which I sold

I became a Batman. I wanted to buy at a lower price, instead I market bought. Decided to hold. The Chinese fud started not long afterwards.

3 Strat for 3 ETh

Put in a 0 too many when selling on ED. So instead of selling at 40% gains I managed to sell at 70% loss or something

Unrelated to biz but:

>MMA fighters called Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
>One fights at HW, the other at LHW
>Same name, diff weight classes leads to the nicknames Big Nog and Little Nog
>i and o are right next to each other, so are b and n
>people routinely type Nig Nog and Big Nig

After 2 days of no sleep trading over the summer I fucked up an ETH ICO transfer. Found it was sent to one of the metamask previous address. Ended up being an ODN investor which actually turned a massive profit.

I haven't, but my cat bought me a bunch of IOTAs while walking on my keyboard. It was an okay price so I kept it.

Ameowhu akbar!!!

Wow. Are you a billionaire now?

Sold 75 VTC at $2, when I was buying.

Fellow EVE brothers. There was something so satisfying about being a scavenger. Constantly scanning the systems for people to steal from. Miss it. Hope Star Citizen lets me play as a dirty bottom feeder scumbag as well