Other urls found in this thread:

egifter.com/bitcoin/
gyft.com/bitcoin/
coincards.ca/
localbitcoins.com
bittrex.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*$9701.83 on Bitfinex

korean money is very thin so it takes more of it to buy the same amount of stuff

neither price matters though since nobody can cash out

Incorrect. Check again

i dunno but there must be something preventing arbitrage opportunities between the two exchanges, such as limited possibilities of withdrawing fiat from bithumb

>Nobody can cash out
Meme spouting garbage.

Different order books and limited arbitrage oportunity

The arbitrage isn't profitable at the current transaction fees or withdrawal rates; or the amount of demand from one exchange exceeds the ability for arbitrageurs to equalize prices across markets.

It also means Bitfinex is about to print a fuckton of tethers because they don't like other exchanges having higher BTC prices than them.

prove me wrong, oh right you can't

What are tethers?

:^)

Don't listen to him sir, your meme is great. Have an upvote!

A 100% pre-mined crypto that is supposed to be equal to 1 unit of fiat currency, e.g. USDT is "tethered" to USD. Some exchanges use this rather than actually crediting your account with US dollars, and you can't wire USDT to a US dollar denominated bank account, you have to convert it BACK to BTC, move the BTC to a non-tether exchange, and then sell your BTC for fiat and wire it to your bank account. I suspect tether is why the can't cash out meme gains traction, because you actually can't cash out of bitfinex, you have to go to another exchange because bitfinex is too shady for US banks (even fucking wells fargo).

There is unsubstantiated rumor that tether-denominated exchanges are insolvent on the scale of Mt. Gox.

thanks for the explanation

is there any visible correlation between tether printing and bitcoin price?

thanks NSA

I tried to open an account on bithumb yesterday to sell BTC there but they only allow korean mobile numbers for verification so arbitrage is not so easy for me.

People buy BTC in anticipation of the tether injection you dumbass

t. bitfinex shill

Reported my alphabet friend.

I think you can spoof that kind of shit; try googling how to get a Korean MapleStory or LoL account and there will be guides on how you can be a pretend Korean to use their software and shit.

Reported again NSA senpai

>Note: When reporting, make sure that the post in question violates the global or board rules, or contains content illegal in the United States. Submitting false reports will result in a ban.

Thanks senpai used my Veeky Forums pass to report you again.

It's hard to get fiat out of Korea.

Thanks for bringing up cashing out! It's never been easier!

You can buy giftcards with bitcoin:
egifter.com/bitcoin/
gyft.com/bitcoin/
coincards.ca/

If you find the tax man scary or you don't trust banks you can sell directly to people irl:
localbitcoins.com

Many major online retailers now accept bitcoin! Some examples:
Expedia.com
Microsoft
Virgin Galactic
Overstock
Newegg.com

And of course you can withdraw strait USD on many popular exchanges:
coinbase.com/ / gdax.com
bittrex.com

>they only allow korean mobile numbers for verification so arbitrage is not so easy for me.
No they don't. I gave them XXX XXX XXX number and it worked.