I SOLD BTC WHEN 1 WAS 350 USD THINKING IT WOULD NEVER GO UP

I SOLD BTC WHEN 1 WAS 350 USD THINKING IT WOULD NEVER GO UP
I SOLD 500 OF THEM AT THAT PRICE
FUCK YOU Veeky Forums

You still made 175k? What is there to pink wojak about?

If it makes you feel any better, those Bitcoins would be worth almost 5 mil today!

$175,000 is still pretty damn good. Fuck off.

seems you already are rich. whats your problem

You're retarded, why are you assuming he bought them at 1 dollar?

brainlets gonna brainlet, no shock here

Kek.
You're fucked, I know that you don't have the guts to buy back in.

why do people keep thinking about the past? Its a waste of brainpower. Think about now.

I didn't fucking assume that. He said he sold 500 at 350. That's $175,000. I don't give a fuck what he bought them for, he has $175,000 and that's enough money to make decent investment decisions and grow it, so he isn't in the same boat as those who are genuinely poor now and missed their opportunity.

Yeah Im only retarded because I swim with dolphins, nerd.

He could have bought them at 300. Stop being a nigger

I bought 10 btc at 200 and held them for years. Still have them and 40 bch.

>he never bought back

>had mined 6 btc back in the day
>sold 4 of them at 600$ back in 2013 to buy a laptop
excerpt from my suicide note

O ye, of little faith.

seriously though, this brings up a good point regarding when to cash out or keep in crypto "investments"

>consider if you put 1000 each in BTC/ETH/LTC in 2016
>today you check coinbase and your 3000 is now 80000
what is the best strategy for long-term?
should you take you x amount now or just hodl another year
what if you wait till it gets to 500000?
Should you transfer it to index funds?
How much can you or should you leave in the bank, crypto, and other investments?

cash out 50%??

It depends of how many you want/need and how much you can psychologically handle puting most of you wealth in a versatile and dangerous investment.

The best strategy is divergence and spreading the investment.

Let's say you made mad gains on a website like Bitcurex, but then it got hacked and you lost every penny. At that point it makes no difference if you made $1 or $1 million. What matters is that it's gone.

The best long term is low-risk and medium gain. Something like holding BTC itself on multiple websites, or maybe a close pinned currency like ETH makes sense, maybe hopping on shitcoin alts for a little extra profit when it makes sense.

Why does that actually matter? If he had almost $150k principle to be tossing around in BTC he is either really well off or really risky. Either way, he should just pitch that money back in. If he is willing to put that much at risk, and he isn't totally retarded, he could make it grow. Plenty of coins gobble up buy walls of tens of thousands on their way to the moon.

you cash out when you make it

but why?
is that the best strategy since fiat storage is useless for long-term
I was thinking emergency money ~10000 which if you have a high credit limit then you can get away with keeping only the amount you use in monthly expenses in the bank ~ 2000
have a high credit limit in case of emergency
and withdraw from investments in case of emergency

thus ???
monthly limit = X
Credit: X+
Bank: X
Crypto: as much as possible

did you used to be able to cash out back in the olden days?

That's not the fucking point.

I spent the money on Renovating my house and fixing my car and helping my family, now i'm poor again

>pretending its actually possible to cash out of crypto