Hey Veeky Forums, tired of seeing all these people and their success stories with crypto so I finally got in...

Hey Veeky Forums, tired of seeing all these people and their success stories with crypto so I finally got in. Starting small, just bought 25 dollars in Bitcoin and 25 in Ethereum. Advice?

Expect to get raped in transfer fees

What do you mean user? I don't plan to transfer frequently.

Use a VPN, go to bitmex, leverage yourself 100x and be a star.

Youre gonna be a star.

I am the newest of newfriends to Veeky Forums so I don't know half the shit you just said.

b u b b l e

?

Here you go OP, you can look forward to this.

Is it still possible to retire early from crypto? I know people who got in SUPER early are rich as fuck. If I keep investing at a reasonable rate over the next few years and hold it for a while can I expect to make decent profits?

So is it all a meme? Should I just sell what I got now?

kek

I too just got in but I bought $200 or so of Litecoin and $200 or so of Ethereum. Good luck my dude

Thanks man. Is Litecoin worth investing? Like, could LiteCoin reach ETH values?

put in 10k USD into an ico.

double it, 20k.

double that, 40k
double that 80k, then 160, then 320, then 640, then you a millionaire.

7 flips, that's all it takes!

Just roll black 7 times in a row

I think Litecoin is cool. That’s pretty much the only reason I bought in (along with recommendations).

Be warned that biz is FULL of fearmongering/hypefags that are trying to mess with you.

I figured that. I'm not a total retard. I'm not going to listen to advice riddled with memes or dumb shit. How much do you invest monthly?

I turned $100 into $250 in a month. I'm just sad I can't risk more, it's very addicting. Probably because it isn't hard to win, if I just held ethereum all month I'd be up 70%

Oh shit. That's pretty good user. So ETH is a good coin to watch out for? That's what I've heard, BTC is a foundation that will just continue to grow over time, and ETH is a good competition.

Serious advice: If you're willing to wait for guaranteed gains, then buy OMG and ETH and wait for POS.

It's incredible really that random jackasses like me can make that in their first month trading. As far as I know, the best hedge funds are lucky if they can get 30% annual returns.

But they also get billions so it's hard to feel better than getting billion dollar returns just because I made a hundred dollars in a month. Do your research

I am willing to be patient as I need to be. I wanna be retired in 20 years. So patience is something that I know I need. What is POS? I know ETH has been making solid gains. My goal is to dump a few thousand dollars into crypto over the next few years and make 500k or so. I know that's a lot, but like I said, I can wait as long as I need to.

i don't know if the crypto bubble will last that long but watch out for the top 30 coins and do your own research on each of them, then invest and wait for profit

listen to what you're saying
>a few thousand
>500k
you are saying you'll leisurely throw a couple g's.
>let's be generous and give you 5.000

you want your 5.000 to go 100x it's current price

you expect bitcoin to go to 1 MIRRION

Of course I want to believe, but there's no way it will reach this amount of penetration and still be valued that high.

That's the goal, if I make even 100,000 dollars I will be happy.

I’ve literally just started, so I don’t really have a monthly investment number yet.

I feel like it’s not going to be as simple as dumping a few grand here and there over a few years. The advise I have been given is to put 60% of your investment into BTC, then 40% over 2-4 other cryptos (ie Litecoin, Dash, and then a hedge against BTC and a “wild card.”)

I have a feeling crypto is going to burn out a lot earlier than 10 years but what do I know?

What most greedy fools dont realize is even if the price goes to 50 trillion billion per token.

Someone has to buy for you to take profit.

Litecoin is a comfy investment, you'll never get JUST'ed with it

I ride the predictable waves of LTC exchanging it between it and BTC. It's maximum comfy and each wave can earn me .10-.25 LTC.

LiteCoin is around 90 right now per coin, could it reach ETH or even BTC levels? I asked earlier but still wanna know. I'm looking for long term investments so if predictions from a lot of sources are that it could moon like BTC or even ETH to a lesser extent has, I'll invest in it.

You'd have to outperform the market by a lot. I think people here should still focus on the idea of creating a business or getting a good job to then maybe create a business. Most people with a lot of money either have a good job or own a successful business. Think of it this way, established markets usually only rise by reasonable amounts far less than a 2x or even 50%, right? The economy as a whole barely even rises at 3% annually. How are you or anybody with your paltry money going to outperform it 10,000% (or whatever) by investing?

What you want is other people's money. The way you get that is by offering them something, and I'm not talking about a product. I mean growth. If you have something that will grow their money, they will give it to you and give you a cut. That is what a business is. It's having a thing that not only gives you an income stream, it is valuable to people with money that want it to grow.

Crypto is fine, it will grow your money, but what will really grow THAT money is being able to offer people with money a prospect for investing in you or something you own.

So potentially use crypto returns to start a business? Sounds interesting. I definitely have some ideas I'd love to do but never had the capital to so that makes sense.

Yeah, and I'm not trying to be discouraging. By all means go in on crypto, it's a lot of fun desu and you really can make a lot of money, just judging historic performance. But it's unclear it is sustainable or where the value really lies if it lies anywhere. If you really want to be RICH at some point, I think you need other people's money.

Thanks for the honest advice user, I'll definitely consider it. Nice to see that people have actually been nice to me ITT. I hope to do well and retire early.

Some people expect 150 in a couple of months, but one can't really say. It honestly depends on Bitcoin's success. LTC practically follows BTC so if Bitcoin continues strong LTC will follow.

>$25
Fucking idiot, what the fuck do you expect with such a paltry offering? Best case scenario you'll earn $250 in a year.

Obviously dumbass, I just meant that's what I literally started today with. I'll be dumping money into various cryptos for a while.