ETH VS BTC

Alright Faggots, PLEASE give me a reason as to why you think ETH will or will not pass BTC. Getting ready to go hard in the paint this week in Crypto and need to get a hard dick from BIG future returns.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nMjLWZhMdlc
github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Proof-of-Stake-FAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Leaning toward ETH 100% due to stability

btc has fees
eth does not
eth has other applications
btc does not

in every logical way ETH beats BTC ten fold, I think just because of the pure value and attention of BTC it can't be beat.

but I hope im proved wrong.

Should I buy 5 k worth of eth or wait till it drops or do 50/50 eth btc?

wait till early january then buy the eth dip

Go in now. We have built pretty good support at this level. Just my opinion. I just bought 5k as well senpai.

I've been holding ETH for a very long time, but I sold some at this level (at $505 in a foreign market) and will buy back some when it corrects before going higher.

As much as I love ETH, from any technical standpoint it has to correct, if only briefly, before taking off on another moon mission to $1500.

By correction I mean like $440 or $430 range. $455 was pretty close I admit.

why would eth dip in january specfically

I think there will be a dip as well but unless you time that perfectly right I dont think it is worth the risk for the 20 bucks against the risk of missing the moon mission.

ethereum does have some sort of transaction fee. its way cheaper than bitcoin though! by at least a magnitude of 10

I dont think anything negative is going to happen come 2018. MAYBE to BTC just because the ultra rich will sell at 10k just for fun. But I dont think ETH will go below $400. I can see it easily hit $1000 in 2018, I just wish it would happen sooner

just screencap the post and watch
second week of january is where it'll soar, buy the dip before that, come out with 80% gains in 4 weeks

trust me

why would I trust you user

because you want to

there's plenty of noise in the giant signal-to-noise mess that is the internet. You could even just say "my dad works for jagex" and I'd believe you a little bit more than now

my dad works for ethereum

your dad goes to college

Ethereum has rendered all this “coin” nonsense obsolete. Everyone might as well pack up their shit and develop on ethereum

I believe Bitcoin hitting $10K will actually put off a lot of new entrants now trying to get into crypto from buying Bitcoin.
Instead, all of these new people with money to invest will begin to be asking themselves.
"I missed Bitcoin, but what could possibly be the next Bitcoin?"
They will soon discover Ethereum, the #2 fledgling cryptocurrency in the space.
With so much more happening around Ethereum techologically, such as enterprise level adoption, and as well as ecosystem growth, naturally these people will begin to learn about smart contracts and see the further reaching implications that Ethereum has to offer.
I watched a video recently from two or three days ago, you can find it here:
youtube.com/watch?v=nMjLWZhMdlc
Where people went around asking if they had heard of cryptocurrency. A lot of people said they had heard of it, but only of "Bitcoin being used in the context for black markets and illegal dealings". This is one usecase to be sure. But its the one that is engrained in most peoples perception of it.
I would not be suprised to hear the same type of reaction when people are asked about Ethereum, except it wil be seen more as a platform for anyone to program their own money on, as well as being used to execute business logic and create autonomous companies that can be completely decentralized.
The depth of Ethereum and its scope is so much more far reaching when one really sits down and begins to think about it.
Heres the deal. The people who are currently invested in Bitcoin and have been sitting on it from an early period of time, they're not ever going to see the value or benefits of something like Ethereum.
Because as far as they are concerned the thing that has made them the most money is Bitcoin. The most important thing to keep in mind however, is that this group of people pales in comparison to the amount of new entrants and adopters of blockchain technology who are now entering and about to enter the space.

Bitcoin marks the beginning of Chapter 1 of this global revolution. But I also believe Bitcoin hitting the $10,000 mark will be the ending of this chapter.
Chapter 2 is only just about to begin, and that is Ethereum. This time though, the effects and usecases of the technology will be felt and utilized in a much more far reaching, widespread and dramatic way.
This is in part due to the amount of developer uptake we are seeing which has turned Ethereum into one of the largest development mindshares of any open source technology in history.
It already is dwarfing Bitcoin in this respect.
Another thing to keep in mind, all of the new entrants entering into the space will soon realise that Bitcoin has many shortcomings, and its not able to be used without spending $5 on average and waiting hours in some cases for transactions to be sent. Not to mention, you can't really do anything with it. Ether is the gateway drug to an entirely new economy.
Ethereum on the other hand as we know is not divided, but is united and stronger than ever with things such as Plasma, Raiden, Casper and Sharding all being worked away very hard on with 2018 expected to deliver some amazing results.
It has even been discussed that a hybrid implementation of Casper Proof Of Stake will be going live in Feb 2018 with the release of the part 2 Metropolis hard fork dubbed Constintanople. For anyone out there who is new to this concept, I recommend you take some time to check this out: github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Proof-of-Stake-FAQ
I will take a brief moment to say congrats to Bitcoin, and I appreciate without it ever coming about, it would have been much later until the birth of Ethereum, but here we are.
However, the next chapter of decentralized blockchain technology and its far reaching social and financial impacts is going to be what really reshapes the world we live in of tomorrow and the future beyond that.
Onwards and upwards.