Tfw cashed out all my money just to look at it in one big lump sum

>tfw cashed out all my money just to look at it in one big lump sum
>now everything is going back up and I'm too nervous to buy back in

You got any more of these user?

HELP

WHEN IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO BUY

No problem with that, who knows what's going to happen.

sorry bro
enjoy the taxes

>tfw I've been reduced to going all in on something like ETH, watching it go up just a few dollars and then immediately selling to go "look I just made like $150" over and over
It was more fun to just trade and hold instead of this nervous shit.

I missed so much of January to June of this year because I was way too damn cautious, playing with like 10% of my porftolio, when I could have been a millionaire if I'd just had the balls to go in.

How much did you cash out? Also put everything in link if you want to be a quadrapadilionare

When the coin is most valuable.

Nobody wants to buy your bags, loser

WTF THIS IMAGE?! CLICK ON IT!

I cashed out about $45,000. Not a lot but considering what I started with it's a great return.

I mean I'm still playing with about $3,000 scattered about a few coins that I didn't completely cash out, but it just feels like I could be making so much more if I had the balls to invest more of it.

But I also "just" discovered TA and now that I spot all these "overbought" "bearish divergence" signals I'm afraid to go in because everything looks like it's about to crash. But then the other half of me remembers April and May.

What do I do?

newfag

Seriously though, are there any more pics like this floating around?

damn you
i just wanted to see cute bunnyass

>tfw you will never fuck the bunny

Sold all my BTC into tether, hope it fucking crashes to hell so I can buy cheaper.

>INTO TETHER
NIGGA WHAT ARE YOU DOING, JUST SELL ON EXCHANGE AND DONT CASH OUT

ITS LIKE WATCHING SOMEONE TAKE A NAP NEAR POMPEII AUGUST 22 AD 79

Whats wrong mad boi?

Fuck you you piece of shit you scared the shit out of me at night in the dark alone in a fucking dark room fucking bitch

I'd fuck it with a bag on its head.

For starters you need to wait the dip after we hit 10k.
6k bottom probably since it loves to swing 40% down after an ATH, maybe scatter buy orders between 7k and 6k.

You know all those quotes about how fortune favors the bold, high risk high reward etc? You remember how at $10 they said BTC wouldn't go any higher? How they said that at $100? At $1000? At $10000? Buy now and sell if it dips to 8.5k. The odds of that happening are there for sure but theres even greater odds of a stronger recovery thereafter. I want you to succeed brother. Stop being a beta bitch and get rich while you still can.

how come these images never work on phones?

oh shit he broke the matrix

nigger we are at constant ATH since two weeks where is my fucking dip ??!!

two weeks is nothing dude

I'll try. I mean I turned about $2,500 into this $45,000 this year so far, and that was with me being pretty conservative and cautious.

I know I always make fun of the guys who say they're "waiting for the dip" but....I sold out of BTC, ETH, and LTC pretty recently and I really am waiting for the next dip..

I'm counting on getting in for the dip.

I miss betting on shitcoins but with a bigger stack like this I'm not sure I can bring myself to do it. It feels safer just to buy the large cap coins with my money even though small cap coins is what got me this far..

Every technical indicator is pointing to a dip soon, at least for ETH. BTC actually has a little more room to grow but then should have the same thing, maybe at $10,000.

I don't know what to tell you mate, just zoom out and use log scale.

how did you turn 2.5k to 45k OP? any tips for us losers?

I mean, it's been a journey this year from January of constantly trading and looking at charts. I got very lucky with ETH, Kyber, and from the ELIX genesis address airdrop. With those I just saw what I thought was a sure opportunity and put what I could into them.

When I first got into it, I got into the "just hold they always recover" crap, which worked amazingly well until about June when everything went to hell and I held even for months afterward and the stress started wrecking my health. Holding Minereum, for example, when it fell from $12 to $1 was just stupid. And I was overdiversified at that time, so I as holding most altcoins on Poloniex.

In August I started to purge my coins on Poloniex because I realized they were dying and being replaced by a new generation of altcoins. I stopped being overdiversified. And always look for news to trade. Something that is going to happen in a month or two is perfect for you to buy in and wait and sell just before the news releases, no matter what. But the trick is knowing what qualifies as news (a new web wallet isn't really a big deal, conferences can be).

Then I really started making money. I dropped the "hold" crap, stopped being overdiversified and started looking for hyped coins that are still on reasonably large exchanges (like Bittrex) to trade on (something that gains volume extremely rapidly) while still holding ETH all that time. Here I learned 2 facts: 1. When the volume starts to die out on a coin that pumped heavily because it was hyped, sell. The hype won't last and it will dip while suckers hold it.

2. For opportunities like flipping the LINK ICO, flipping the Kyber ICO, and buying ETH, don't expect there to always be an opportunity out there. Learning to patiently wait for months or longer for just the right opportunity was key.

Now I'm finally learning to use TA properly, in addition to everything I've learned above, to fine tune my entry and exit points. But I'm STILL struggling with holding too much cash and not being fully vested in a position because I'm far too nervous to play with a "big" stack and that's why I made this thread.

Where do you get news OP?

What TA's Do you use? RSI? MACD? Some say TA is just guessing. But I use TA to find the resistance & support but thats it. (will also see if its oversold or overbought with rsi and macd)

buying the dip is a meme lol do people actually do that?

I actually just did with trig and it worked fantastically well.

If it's good news, and there's hype, it should come to me, basically. That means that I can actually use Veeky Forums for news but only as long as I can differentiate between crap that nobody will care about and something that's worth buying, despite what some anons will tell you. A new web wallet, for example, despite everything some anons will sell it to you as, is really not such a big deal. Many other updates are worth it however. If you are hearing the news and then choose to buy, it is usually too late. You want something like a conference that you know will be big but is a month away to prepare and always, no matter what, sell the news before it comes out.

Also, exchange listings are tricky. For example, if I have a coin which was just listed on Etherdelta and it's fairly new but it's very likely to be listed on, say Liqui, because it's from a major company, I might buy a lot of it because this will shoot the price up like a rocket after it gets added to the exchange. Moving to a centralized exchange can be big.
But if I have a coin that's already on Liqui and it's about to be added to Binance, like Kyber was, I'll sell. And Kyber tanked hard the very minute it was added to Binance and I knew it would. So keep in mind that can be tricky.

Now for real news sites:
Use what you can find on google but there's always exchange newsletters, cointelegraph, cryptocurrencynews, ethnews, coindesk, even fucking readddit pages like ethtrader or whatever particular coin you're interested in, and ALWAYS go to the websites of the coins and just read about them and try to understand everything going on with it. Having a REASON to buy or sell which you can explain is very important.

Holy shit are you me? Same amount. Same realizations. I don’t know. But if I went balls deep with that I’d be rich as fuck.

Buying an oversold coin isn't a meme. Catching falling knives because you don't know any better is and it's a bad idea.

Single most important and simplest rule I've found for trading crypto:

Trends are always more likely to continue than repeat.

That rule alone, in combination with indicators, has helped me not act so emotional thinking "it can't go lower" or "it can't go higher." Look at the indicators and the facts and consider strong, explainable reasons why a coin might go up or down instead of getting emotional.

I like the RSI and Bollinger Bands really, simple stuff. I am learning more as a hobby but with crypto it's not particularly hard. A lot of TA in crypto can be done in USD when there's a market for it.

Also: Arbitrage is huge. I've made a few thousand in arbitrage alone and continue to do it. Anyone telling you "don't bother with arbitrage. The bots will beat you to it." is lying. You have to have money on multiple exchanges, even in multiple currencies, always ready to go and always looking for opportunities but it's there and it's not uncommon for me to make 5% on a position in just arbitrage. Look for times of day when people on certain exchanges are probably asleep and weekends (weekend nights are perfect for this.)

>continue than repeat
That should say "reverse." I meant "reverse." I'm tired and rambling.

I can really feel what you mean about that.

I'm almost never in the red because my entry points are so good even when BTC rallies, Komodo just tanked hard and I'm still in the green, same with SUB and SNM since major releases are coming out for both these babbies. Want to buy XLM since theres some good news coming out on its pay thingy next month

Do you have "large" positions? How did you gain the confidence to do that, if you do?

Any advice for finding such good entry points then?

I just look at the chart and see where it dipped the lowest, this way I almost always buy the lowest of the dip

So you look for a support level and set your buy level there, essentially. Is that correct?

that and there's a lot of factors in play that I use to know if it'll break through and make a lower low

how many CFD for a gf like that

Do you have fairly large positions for yourself though, or do you trade with smaller amounts of your portfolio?

Small amounts for shitcoins so I never make emtional trades. Large positions in stable coins like NEM and NEO. Actually I sold some of my NEM today on its pump from the Japanese. Still waiting for the catapult release 2.0 on NEM to sell on the pump

I haven't touched NEM in months.. I'll look more into it though, thanks.

got more bags ready for december news, can't wait to drop them from a good pump

Same here user, I feel your overly-cautious pain