My dad died and left me ~ $40k. Im thinking of investing 10k each in Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Monero...

My dad died and left me ~ $40k. Im thinking of investing 10k each in Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Monero. Any thoughts? Any other altcoins you’d invest in? Is LINK a meme or a real moon mission? And assuming I invest, how long should I hold each? Thanks for any and all advice.

Other urls found in this thread:

warrenbuffettstockportfolio.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's a great opportunity to buy bitcoin ethereum, litecoin and monero at an all time time desu.

Litecoin and monero are nowhere near done mooning. ETH and BTC might be due for a big dip soon but then again it could also continue to moon something you have to decide for yourself looking at the charts

Yeah don't wait for the inevitable correction buy now! ATH

Buy some Tezos when it releases early next year. You'll see a 10x easy

sorry to hear that OP

People had better reply to this post else his mother will also die in her sleep

Get out with that trash...
Wait for a dip
Dollar cost average your buys on the way down
Do some research on the cryptos you choose
You're taking a risk

Just buy 4 BTC

Put half of it in stocks user. Your dad worked hard for that money. Think about how you'd feel if it all disappeared. Well diversified stocks will get you >10% year on year, which, when compounded, adds up pretty quick. crypto might get you %1000, might well go to nothing.
I only have ~5% of my savings in crypto.
I don't even want a faggy lambo, I just want to be comfy.

Save a bit for real life silver. Thats an asset that cant drop 50% but can rise 1000% in the next decade.
But as far as crypto goes, good choices.

Sorry for your loss op

A small bit maybe. Personally I think precious metals are a meme and have little future. I say that as someone who has $10k worth of buried treasure that has the same value as when I bought it 9 years ago.

>Thats an asset that cant drop 50% but can rise 1000% in the next decade

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Scratch BTC with BCH, it will replace it eventually as a currency.

Half in Bitcoin and half in ETH if you just want to set it and forget it.

Include BCH. You're taking a larger risk on bitcoin if you don't at least match your fiat investment of btc with bch

solid as a motherfucking rock nigger.

Put $100 into each coin every week until it's all in there.

add ripple as well but long term....

Similar thing happened to me. I put about 17K into crypto: 40% BTC 15% ETH 10% XMR and LTC 5% NEO and the rest in some meme coins, like REQ, that have been shilled.
I started in mid October, coincidentally just when BTC dipped. I'm happy so far. The meme coins are holding back the progress a bit I'm afraid but overall I made some nice gains.

Thoughts?

Not a bad split, but dollar cost average it.
Get yourself a GDAX account, link it to your bank, transfer $100, and buy $25 of each.
Next week transfer $200, and so on.
Investing the lump sum right now, at ATH for all 4 currencies, would be a stupid gamble.
Investing in shitcoins is also retarded until you have more experience with crypto.
Sorry for your loss if not larp, and good luck.

I wouldn't invest it all. Save some in a bank. Sorry for your loss. Assuming that pic is ur dad he had a real sweet smile. I'm sure no matter what you do he will be proud of you op

Bad idea.

Better:

KMD
KNC
OMG

This is a 10000% return next year vs 1000% return on your blue chip coins which already mooned too much.

2 BTCs
And rest on OMG and ETH

Sorry for you loss user. Investing any amount really depends on other variables we don’t know about. What kind of income do you have? What are your expenses? What are your ambitions? If 40k is your whole net worth and you don’t have a high income, then putting it all in crypto would be a big gamble. Could pay off, or you could lose a lot of it.

In my current situation if I had a windfall of 40k I would probably only put about 15k in crypto. Of that amount I’d go with 40% BTC, 20% ETH, 10% XMR, 10% NEO,10% OMG, and 10% dispersed into shitcoins with promise like ADA, REQ, XLM, LINK or whatever else is being shilled on biz.

The rest of the money I would probably put in some kind of index funds or IYY shares that tracks the DOW but I would wait until a market correction, because one is probably coming soon. Or you could pick individual stocks that have a decent divided yield. Just buy stocks Warren Buffett buys: warrenbuffettstockportfolio.com

You could also buy some physical gold or silver as a hedge against inflation and recessions. Maybe 2k of each.

Finally, take $500 and take your wife or girlfriend out to dinner and see the new Star Wars or something. Whatever you enjoy doing. Money isn’t an end unto itself.

They are a meme. In less than a decade we will be asteroid mining on an industrial level. Do you know how much precious metals are just floating around waiting to be scooped up? Trillions of tonnes of it. Enough to effectively crash the price to zero due to the lack of scarcity.

Most of the people here on /biz have no clue as where to pu their money, searching 120 forums, news sites, blogs and watching telegram or youtube for updates.
If you are determined to invest in crypto, then altcoins is by far the best option for you!
you will never get the same gains from BTC, ETH, LTC etc etc. as if you invested in them a year a go!
Go look up coincapmarket, find the coins below nr 4 on the top 100 and start learning everything on every coin! Chose the ones that you belive the most in and you can buy a good chunk of and be comfy with your choice!
The fact of a matter is that every coin on that list, from BTC down to shitcoin 99 will grow til next year.
How much you ask?
No one knows, no matter what they tell you.
If you dont trust it, fuck it. And put your money into something that you belive in.
Dont let biz dictate your choices in any way!

Altcoins are garbage.

You must buy at least one phsyical item to rememeber him by. Money is not everything and you should turn some of that money into a physical item in this realm of reality.

Your brain seems to be the garbage here.
Since that's exactly the same attitude and stuff people said about Iota, BCH and so on.
Now they're sitting there and sucking a hobo's dick while im comfy af with 78 BHC bought at 200$.
Gl/HF
People like you are the reason im even more comfy buying altcoin!

>My dad worked hard to leave me some money when he died and I'm going to invest it in magic beans
Just put it in a well diversified stock portfolio and don't touch it for a few decades, you'll be comfy that way.

>what is confirmation bias

if you want to gamble, do altcoins

if you believe in cryptocurrencies and want to invest, put your money in BTC/ETH primarily

his dad worked hard and left him the money so he could do with it as he pleased. not be told what to do by some 7% a year ROI Forex-trading faggot on a Scandinavian whittling Board

This really is an above average comment, very well written user

>I do not understand the value of money or the power of compound interest
You're the kind of moron that would have tried flipping a house at the height of the bubble. You will die poor.

>says absolutely nothing of value
Please, do tell me how to make money Rabbi. I swear I'll be a good goy.

10k BTC
10k Eth
20k Ark

Have fun with all your lambo's

How to make money: Get a job and invest responsibly.

Get rich quick schemes all end the same way.

40 k iota easy

go all in in powr and it will hit 400k in 2019

>in one ear and out the other

You deserve to stay poor. I gotta go, it's time for me to contribute to society. You should try it sometime.

You deserve to be gassed. I gotta go, it's time for me to pogrom some degenerates. You should try Zyklon B sometime.

>Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Monero. Any thoughts?
Nice portfolio, but wait for that 30% dip to buy.
I'd add some Neo too.

Go all in on Dash. Learn about their treasury system. With the kind of spending power Dash has it is inevitable that they are going to continue to dominate in gains.

Litecoin is garbage and only still exists due to inertia. Bitcoin is more garbage and only still exists due to market manipulation and fomo.

ETH and Monero are undervalued and useful. 50/50 in those if you only want to be in big mcap coins. Steer clear of bitcoin. It's way too risky now. Steer clear of litecoin, it is never going to be taken seriously and rightfully so.

Could you explain what GDAX and ATH are? Sorry for the n00b questions.