Etherscan Lols

Has anyone else ever browsed the latest comments on etherscan addresses/transactions?

There's some sad shit on there.

Post the best ones you can find (look at "latest discussions" at the bottom of any etherscan page)

Other urls found in this thread:

etherscan.io/address/0xa13f038E4a92A2f7b77bf665F4B6487A021A24E0#comments
etherscan.io/address/0x7ed1e469fcb3ee19c0366d829e291451be638e59
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jesus OP

moar

oh dayum

What's the deal?
All these people unsafely handling their private keys?

>boomers, normies and low iq mongs losing their money
This world aint so bad after all

Most likely phished during ICOs.

I like this one.

>boy

This is a boomer

kek

oh thats my wallet i cant tell you how i got all their LINK tho ;)

pretty depressing desu

Right, which one of you did this

It reeks of pajeets desu. It's prob 0.001 ether they fatfingered away on some Delta shittoken.

etherscan.io/address/0xa13f038E4a92A2f7b77bf665F4B6487A021A24E0#comments

So what exactly is happening to these people how are they getting robbed? What exactly are they sharing that they shouldn't? That secret key that's multiple random words for your wallet? If so why would they share it? And if not that then what is it that's happening to them?

me, i can prove it too i know their addresses

People will be setting up fake pages for ICOs with a different private key and telling people to send to those addresses.

There has been a fake page for almost every big ICO I've seen and it's actually quite convincing if you don't double and triple check the web address.

*Public key

Alternatively, people might be getting scammed into giving their private key.

Meh how can people be so reckless then.. I feel for them but at the same time it's like be fucking vigilant especially if you're dealing with large sums of money.

You think some poor cunt from Indonesia knows anything about that?

kek, be quiet pajeet

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

What.. why Indonesia lol I only see Indian/western names on the pics here

Good. A fool and his money is soon parted. I hope these idiots and their entire families starve to death on the streets. World doesn't owe you shit its kill or be killed

So this address was able to scam more than 200.000 on ETH alone? My god...

yea guy made a killing, wonder how he is going to get out all the money though

God damn would hate for this to happen to me fuuck that

Lots of MEW phishing messages have been sent on different slacks recently. If you enter your data they have everything: your private key and password

Let's theorize on how the scammer will be able to cash out.

He's got a lot of ETH in one address. Surely one of the victims is going to seek legal help. Eventually, if the client is rich enough, Interpol will get involved.

Interpol's financial crime will start monitoring movements of this address.

Do transaction clouding services exist? You could split the looted ETH to ~200-300 active addresses then re-accumulate 'em. But the "service" is probably a scam too, and they'll take all his ETH.

He will go to some unregulated exchange and buy monero

An exchange keeps logs. How long will he be able to create John Smith accounts and withdraw 1 BTC per month, without verification?

Plus, incoming transaction -> exchange -> outbound wallet is easy to track. You just contact the exchange, and they pull all deposits from the marked address, and tell the authorities where it was deposited to.

Keyword: unregulated
Just go to an I2P exchange

doesent matter
they just see you bought monero but they dont see for what you use them
>inb4 ban monero
like drugs right ?

>How long will he be able to create John Smith accounts
If done right. Forever

You exchanged one asset for another. Just keep tracking the monero address from now on.

what part of
>monero
don't you understand?

As long as the exchange isn't collecting your personal information (and many don't, like Poloniex) you can simply buy Monero and send it out without any chance they can track it after that

In the EU, economic crimes stay "active" and aren't archived for 10 years.

If the scammer is willing to wait 10 years to pull any funds at all, it might work.

I think the US archival time-limit is even more.

jesus christ this is why I ordered a hardware wallet.

he sends it from one monero to the other. game over

>tracking monero
good one

I had 70 bucks worth of ether stolen from me before and I never gave anyone my private. It's only 70 bucks but it still has me wondering how it happened.

What exchange were you using and what was the context in general?

All it takes is anonymous internet connections not pegged to your name, alternative crypto to cash methods, patience and not buying lambos on gibs.

stolen funds -> convert to zcoin -> mint fresh coins without a trace

I use a bunch but it was snagged from my MEW. Someone suggested what happened was someone downloaded a script on my computer that clicks Ethereum, send all and pastes the address. That would make sense since he didn't take the over 400 dollars of alts I had. This guy has it.etherscan.io/address/0x7ed1e469fcb3ee19c0366d829e291451be638e59 Read the comments they're super sad. I'm actually kind of happy it happened because it taught me a lesson and he didn't steal much so I didn't have to learn the super hard way.

These comments are very sad to read. Any idea how you could catch it? Seems like a lot of people were infected with it.

Newby question: Is MEW safe? Cause on their website they write pic related.

That's for ruining star trek and star wars in the same decade.

Are you stupid or why is that message hard to comprehend? Do not click shady links.
Welp.

I couldn't tell you. Probably something I clicked on Veeky Forums or bitcointalk. I never click on links to myetherwallet but I have clicked on a few links that weren't secure. Feenix.tech being one of them.

download it and run in a vm with no networking or better yet a designated fresh laptop that has and will never access the internet

might have stolen 4 billion,ops

So is this eth vulnerability problem or token system vulnerability problem?
or user end problem?

Daaaaaammmmmmmmmmmm. That's so much fucking money. What's he going to do with it all? It's not like he can cash out 4 billion dollars. Is he going to do 4 billion dollars worth of coke and hookers? Is he going to start an underground slave market? Dam.

systems in the case of the tokens. end user on eth

tokens will be burned. eth will buy me drugs and whores.

simple, he's gonna pump those ethers through monero, than sell for btc, sell btc for fiat, claim he mined them a long time ago, so he doesn't mind paying taxes on the entire amount without calcuating his investment, the guy is happy, the taxman is even happier, fools are crying. Such is life

pretty sure he's gonna get fucked one way or another

If it's sent to a wallet, who gives a fuck, There's similar tumbling service like grams that'd take 2-3% cut and give prop it to a new address.

Bitcoin ATMs also do Ethereum.

LocalEthereum too

i wouldn't be so sure newfriend

>It's not like he can cash out
Must be surreal to realize the memes are real for him.

So basically one way to find a guy is on exchange, when he tries to cash out.
Bullet in the middle of the eyes, near his favorite ATM.

He doesn't actually have tokens that are worth $4b, most of that number comes from AMIS tokens, which have zero liquidity.

Dude for 2 billion scammed money, I'd happily accept 40% taxation, if it means I'm free and legal.

watch the wallet newfriend. on January i'll come back and post your screen cap with my whores and drugs.

theft. pays.

real money is not anonymous user it call can be traced

Another thought:

Is this how stupid the crypto community is?
Do people with hundreds and thousands of ETH just blindly send their coins to an address without checking for legitimacy?

It's literally a single look on the page, or a single look on the e-mail sender.

How do these dumb people have so much money, jesus christ.
And we're playing around with our 300-400$, being careful not to loses it all in shitty daytrades that yield 10$.