Can some kind user enlighten me why Veeky Forums wallets are being farmed?

Can some kind user enlighten me why Veeky Forums wallets are being farmed?

Other urls found in this thread:

directory.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what do you mean?

because Veeky Forums is going to make it /big/

most of the wallets in those beg threads have literally nothing in them anyway lol

There's a site that lists wallet addresses, number of pages has 70 zeros, with the private key. Whatever wallet IDs are given in those threads gets looked up, and luck takes the wheel from there.

This site

directory.io/

isnt that an old list from like 2 years ago?

>Not using an empty wallet

To determine if the average poster here has enough money for a market manipulation strategy to be worth doing.

>Whatever wallet IDs are given in those threads gets looked up, and luck takes the wheel from there.

Idiot.

Does this apply to all cryptos or just BTC?

Ya there isn't really a way to look up a specific address on discovery.io. Discovery.io just generates all the possible wallet addresses 1-a bazillion. I suspect they harvest them for another reason.

All cryptos have a minimum of this. Some have even more, but that's just overkill.

pretty much all.
Some are even more secure than that for some reason.

Also, this guys graphic implies you have a single computer, doing a single thing.
Billions of quantum mini computers will crack the shit out of your private key in a couple minutes tops.

Only Bitcoin Cash, sorry

Even shit like pokémon game preloads (can download the game and then you download that last bit to unlock it on release) have it.

how do people wallets get hacked then?
How does clicking a link empty someones wallet?
like MEW requires a UTC file and password to unlock.

kek, nice try but all the private keys have already been calculated. they are already on directory.io/

>Billions of quantum mini computers will crack the shit out of your private key in a couple minutes tops.

Nice meme

THE WHOLE POINT OF A PUBLIC ADDRESS IS THAT YOU CAN PUBLICLY POST IT WITHOUT WORRY OF IT BEING 'HACKED'.

THATS THE WHOLE POINT

They are calculated on the go as it would be impossible to calculate all. Opening a new page is like making a new bitcoin wallet.

Knowing a private key makes you spend bitcoin. When you set a password on your bitcoin wallet, you encrypt your private key. If a hacker gets your password to the encrypted wallet, then they can spend your bitcoin. That's why you use a trezor so this cant happen.

maybe to follow the transactions to see what biz is holding/buying/selling

this
Some data miner is trying to read trends.
Do not post your public address in beg/donation threads even if it's safe for your coins

so my private key is encrypted into my password on myetherwallet?

>knowing a private key makes you spend bitcoin
what does that mean?

>>knowing a private key makes you spend bitcoin
Sorry, meant:
Knowing a private key makes you able to spend bitcoin

>so my private key is encrypted into my password on myetherwallet?
Yes.

Because in the next five years you will be able to buy entire neighborhoods with 1btc. The harvest is beginning now. (((They))) want to know. Shareblue and Cambridge Analytica are here. It scares the piss out of them.

No it won't. No it hasn't. They don't care.

Back to containment faggot.

The good ol' way, retards getting scammed into giving them their private keys

This is the most logical answer.

user, could you tell me if Exodus is a good wallet?
It seems that way, but everything is done for you and you can't chose encryption method.

It's data mining. Someone is trying to figure out what we have, what we are buying and selling,... What they will use the information for is anyone's guess.