Ethereum

When PoS is activated, does that mean we will get monthly dividends by holding ETH?

you can send your eth to a stake pool and lock them their for monthly payout i guess

Yes, but that is gonna be 3-5 years from now.

It 3-6 months to hybrid pos

Locking eth in stake pool? That's new. Other coins holders usually only need to stake their coins in the designated wallets like ODN, NEO etc

Eh? I think I read somewhere PoS could be activated in summer 2018

>he missed the tweet
months bro

No stake pool. 1 eth will be enough to stake to make it as decentralized as possible.

Also, if we receiver dividends from staking eth, does that make ethereum a security?

There's no way staking with 1 ETH will be even worth your time, you will probably make like 1 dollar a year or less.

only like 1/50 blocks, tho
but it's a start

Not anymore. Fitvitalik is not a meme.

Just saying. You wont have to have 1 million in ETH to be ABLE to stake. The devs have been clear that they want as many as possible to stake.

Will we have to run an active wallet program to stake, or will me just leaving my ETH in MEW be good enough?

I tried staking on Condensate and BLOCK before but had to leave my PC running 24/7 and couldn't sleep so ended up just giving up.

Also, have they mentioned if they are going to make ETH deflationary with staking? I know the kicked the idea around but I don't know if that would be good or bad, I'm thinking bad but maybe lower the inflation to 1% or so.

If you are just holding, might as well make a few bones and help secure the network.

MEW won't work. Your wallet needs to be open to stake.
By the way, I stake BLOCK on an old thinkpad. It's quiet as fuck and I usually forget it's even on. A raspberry pi would be even better. Either would probably work fine for staking ETH.

Has Vitalik made any comments on the % returns once POS is fully implemented or if it will be deflationary like they were kicking around?

Nobody knows. I hope the final product will be a similar experience as ARK. Just leave it in your wallet and check twice a month for fun.

Can somebody explain POS to me or have a good link to a easy to understand explanation.

>like ark
ETH will be POS not DPOS so it won't be like ark.

Staking is opt-in.

You lock X ether for staking over a period of time, and then you run a node. You then validate transactions (as in you suggest the next block which will include transactions). If your suggested block is illicit (not equal to what other stakers are suggesting) you will get penalized (lose some/all of your staked either), incentivizing you to go with the flow.

Yeah, last one I seen was hybrid in Dec sometime. He wanted it before 2018

I said similar experience - meaning that you can close your wallet.

you do realize the POS means Proof Of Stake on both coins right
>waw one letter different

Where will the eth go to when you get penalized

it's like comparing direct democracy vs a republic
but expect the autists to split-hairs

burned I assume

Planning on buying some eth soon. Do you guys expect there to be a dip anytime soon or should i just go for it

Anyone who claims to know the answer to this is lying to you or to themselves.

Just do whatever you think is best.

My advice: Buy some now and wait for a few days. If it dips, then buy the rest. If it goes higher, buy the second batch anyway. At least the small increase in value of the ether you bought earlier will make up for the higher price you'd buy the second batch at..