Help me Veeky Forums

Help me Veeky Forums

I fell in love with Bitcoin back in the summer of 2016.

I'd been familiar with Bitcoin previously, but didn't fully understand it until I read the book "Digital Gold". This was what did it for me. I was sold. I bought and held.

I almost sold it all soon after the BCH fork. I held it and ended up selling around $8200.

I sold because I cannot in good faith speculate that a currency that costs $5 and 30 minutes to use will continue to increase in value. Not to mention the istubbornness of the developers to address the problem and the amount of internet censorship surrounding bitcoin. Think r/bitcoin.

I refuse to FOMO buy here based off of my fundamental analysis.

What arguments are there FOR bitcoin? It's the biggest and the first crypto? It's the standard for most exchanges and has lots of infrastructure? Surely that will continue changing over time.

To be quite frank, it pisses me off seeing all these idiot normies and wall street jerk offs now making money off of something I was onto first. And they just keep pumping it, saying it'll keep going up and throwing out these ridiculous price targets.

I mean come on. Is anyone even using bitcoin as money anymore? Or is just some shit people buy into to try and get rich? How can something with such little utility continue to grow so fast?

I keep telling myself to trust my instincts and that I'm just ahead of the curve.

Surely it is only a matter of time before BTC is dethroned. Either way, even if bitcoin hits $50k in 2018, I will be content with my decisions.

Maybe you can offer an alternative point of view for me Veeky Forums...

Other urls found in this thread:

thereformedbroker.com/2017/11/27/it-just-got-real/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

go back to redit faggot

fuck off

Really? Thought Veeky Forums was better than that. I threw some shade at reddit in my post...

Nobody here or anywhere else knows.

Even at that high price it's still better than fiat and the lightning network will blow every other coin away in terms of payment speed and low fees

nobody here or anywhere can offer a differing viewpoint than my own? I'm not asking you tell me what's going to happen.

if you read digital gold and still don't get it, then you can't be helped.

No one can give you a anwsers because what you said is correct. It will crash and go into a long bear market. In thouse years alot of tech will be developed like lightning, MAST, solidarity, shnorr ect.. then when the infrastructure is there we will moon too . 2010 fag here btw.

people are irrational. people don’t know the name of one developer, they dont know the decades of digital payment history and how this all came to be and they dont care they want to make money. the smart people knew this moment was coming and hoarded coins and everyone is going with the argument that it is a store of wealth because anybody that has used it as a currency no how fucking inconvenient and annoying it is.

Currency is all about acceptance. BTC is the only crypto that‘s universally accepted in every single exchange, ICO, whatever. This acceptance may cost some $ per transaction, but BTC‘s utility far outweighs the transaction cost problem.

I do get it. I don't get fees and wait times.

If you recall, Roger Ver is a major character in that book. He doesn't get fees and wait times either. Much of the book talks about applying bitcoin to poor third world countries.

This does not work with high fees.

>I threw some shade
Leave normie

Fuck everyone in this thread, you're right. There's no way it won't get dethroned within 5 years

you're a cancer to this board

That's because bitcoin is fucking trash

There's no way Bitcoin will not 10x again next year

Bitcoin hits NYSE futures on December 11th

What more do you need

>Think r/bitcoin.
Leave you fucking fagot

Your arguments are shit and have been addressed hundreds of times. Gold has very little utlity today outside of store of value.
>even if bitcoin hits $50k in 2018
but user, the target now is unironically $100k

thereformedbroker.com/2017/11/27/it-just-got-real/

So long faggot you wont be missed

bitcoin right now is the biggest meme ever.

it is slow , manipulated and outdated. there is nearly zero reason it is still around.

the price going up has something to do with tether and normies who dont know any better.
99%of the people though who invested in the past months want to make a quick buck. they dont believe in bitcoin as a currency. at some point it will come crashing down. nobody knows when though

BTC is not for small amounts, that's what the lightning network will handle.
5 bucks and 10 minutes delay for a guaranteed non reversible wire transfer across the world without change risks or added fee is orders of magnitude better that traditional banking for any serious amount.

Gold has been used as money since 700 BC and was the backing for the US Dollar until 1971...

I get what you're saying, but it's much different that bitcoin

>even is bitcoin hits 50k 2018 I will be content with my decisions.
Says increasingly nervous man

Listen you fuck. You claim you understand bitcoin. But are unable to comprehend its difficulty to scaling and time and effort that it takes.

You then proceed to sell because why? Because of transaction cost and time?
Its still nothing compared to the value it offers.
Why do you think Zimbabwe people pay 3000 premium?
Because they can smuggle value out of the country.
Try doing that with your cashed out dollars.

Also
Have you ever heard of lightning?
Scaling is on the way.

Your post feels like a pathetic attempt to cope with you selling and now wanting to fomo back in. (which if you are smart you do at the coming dip, if it comes before 15k)

Buy back in faggot or hate yourself forever.

I can do the exact same thing with so many other cryptos for cheaper and quicker

Your normies is showing. Kys or lurk without posting for a few more months at least

none of them have the strength of the bitcoin network. Not in hashing power, history, or public acceptance.

right ill get back to shilling shitty alt coins and calling people faggots

Yeah I really want to subscribe to a bank-like hub to process and approve my transactions. Totally decentralized, totally censorship proof.

I don't have confidence in the Lightning network

Sell now and buy back in when BTC fixes its problems?

BTC is honestly one of the worst cryptos out there ATM but it also the only one widely accepted as a payment method (I bough a smartphone with it a month ago).

If everyone starts accepting ETH, I don't expect BTC to be of any value anymore.

wow this board fucking blows now. this is one of the few threads that try to have actual discussion about crypto and all we get are screeching retards

I just sold yesterday but I think I'll buy at least 1K€ and leave it in BTC and wait, or maybe ETH.