I feel stupid for believing in the future of smart contracts

I feel stupid for believing in the future of smart contracts. My portfolio is majority ETH and some LINK and i would have made more money if I just held BTC.

Am I deluded? Multi-billion dollar IT companies made estimates on smart contract usage and confirmed their importance. Yet we are totally getting rekt by a shitcoin that everyone agrees isnt about the tech anymore. Tether keeps printing and printing and continuously inflating it until ETH and LINK will never be able to keep up.

No, im not going to FOMO in to BTC because i cant invest in something i dont believe in. I dont believe in something has shit tech with the only thing going for it is the rising price. Am I the fucking dumb money?

Other urls found in this thread:

fintech.finance/fintech-tv/sibos-2017-sergey-nazarov-smartcontract/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh market changes in a few weeks let's just disregard our whole investment strategy because irrational exuberence.. you're a fucking idiot.

I just said i wont FOMO into BTC but damn this month was pretty depressing. Sure I made ETH gains but it was completely curbstomped by BTC.

investing in smart contracts is like investing in AI robots or flying cars
sure one day they might be useful but today and for the next few years they'll just be concepts and memes
I still haven't a single DAPP that out preforms traditional business and I've been following eth for years

>>this month

dude, we're looking at the next 10 years here before this shit gets properly utilized and mainstreamed. Just hold ETH, NEO, IOTA and chill

>Gee lets just open up apps for everyone and hope stupid pajeets dont write shitcode that can cause a massive autistic blowout

Dapps are the most retarded idea ever because most coders are fucking retards

>but muh better tech

That’s not how markets work boy

You talk about the future yet you're focused on making quick money for some reason.
Just because something hasn't mooned x10 doesn't mean it has no future.

>My portfolio is majority ETH and some LINK

Same m8 and I'm not bothered. Like you, I'm betting on a future in which smart contracts are actually used. If it doesn't work out (I'm confident it will) at least I did the best with the information I had at the time.

>legacy coin that consumes more electricity than many small countries with $10 transaction fees and long confirmation times and a community that is tearing itself apart

vs

>innovative, cost efficient, and useful system developed off the back of bitcoin (the original). History is full of companies innovating and overthrowing each other, e.g. myspace>facebook>and probably instagram or something else in the future

As for LINK: fintech.finance/fintech-tv/sibos-2017-sergey-nazarov-smartcontract/

>"Categories of digital agreements that have few participants and already use digital state - things like derivatives. [...] In a period like 5 years you're going to see the high value contracts in spaces like derivatives, spaces like the bond market, all kinds of different securities, even equities, they're going to be the standard. So smart contracts are going to be the standard."

Same dude, it's muh free open software again

no one gives a shit about decentralized
no one gives a shit about transparency
no one gives a shit about smart contracts

these things literally offer no real world benefit to anything

BTC is never going down. May as well just buy it now.

this

smart contracts are the Oculus rift of cryptocurrency. no one beside turbovirgin autists cares about that gay shit

made the exact same mistake as you. and someone else in another thread i made a while back said they made the same mistake as me (maybe it was you Lol!).

the markets aren't working the way you want them to. so be even more cautious if you decide to roll with it. but, that way lies the way of GAINZ.

Reports by multi-billion dollar IT companies suggest otherwise. This isnt like VR, the use cases mentioned for smart contracts are quite practical. Read the reports by Capgemini and Gartner.

I'm really confident too about smart contracts. I mean all evidence points towards smart contract tech outpacing Bitcoin in the long run.

But still, I feel quite depressed this month. Glad that other people here believe in smart contracts too. Thanks user.

ITT, a bunch of highly opinionated brainlets who don't understand how much more efficiently many services could become using smart contracts to automate some of the steps in their operations.

>belive in smart contracts
>holding CPCoin and LINK instead of ARK and XLM
Everyone laugh at the brainlet here.

This...the stupidity in this thread is nauseating. When something isn't constantly mooning it's suddenly completely useless tech. Meanwhile bitcoin becomes more and more useless as a currency because it can only handle like 5 transactions per second. Doesn't matter right now though, the euphoria I get when I look at my blockfolio throws all logic out of the window.

>give money now now now NOW
This link fud lately is getting annoying

proof of stake and sharding is why ETH is a safe bet; it'll be so much faster and cheaper than all other coins it won't even be funny

2 years it'll enter mainstream teritory.

>proof of stake and sharding
Any expected dates for these 2?

When I mailed Fuzzy (axa) myself and they told me they're using regular oracles and that they work perfectly fine, that no one complained and it's easier to use, I sold instantly.

Smart contracts are good, but decentralised oracles are stupid.

I think we're at least some years off a full implementation of both, but I think the strategy is to implement it incrementally; some of the network will start using PoS in early-middle 2018 afaik, until it eventually becomes fully PoS. Sharding is a little further down the road than PoS, but will be a complete gamechanger if they manage to do it