Veeky Forums Whats the best Crypto to mine currently? I have an rx480...

Veeky Forums Whats the best Crypto to mine currently? I have an rx480, and want to make a little bit of passive money while I sleep. Currently mining ETH, which doesnt seem bad, but ive heard I can be doing way better.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak
github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak-cpu/releases/tag/v1.3.0-1.5.0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

monero

Seconded, if you want to up your game buy a vega 56, but rx480 is pretty damn good

>GPU-mining ETH

Thats one of the ones I was looking at, any videos you guys would recommend to get started?

I mine monero through minergate. I'm sure it's better to mine by yourself but this makes it easy for a retard like me.

I got the most stable results with claymore cryptonote gpu miner 9.7 and mining on monero.crypto-pool.fr

It's been very reliable and pays every 0.3 XMR minimum.

I also cpu mine monero with xmr-stak-cpu (ryzen 5 1400) with great results.

I use xmr-stak to cpu mine and gpu mine at the same time. rx470 + threadripper 1950x, also great results.

Minergate is awful. I was getting 700 h/s there, switched to xmr-stak and now I get 1800 h/s

I'll switch and try it out after my next reward point is hit.

To use XMR-Stack is there a video or something I can follow? Im super new to this and dont wanna fuck anything up. I have my Monero Wallet made, and the Claymore Miner installed already.

github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak

Do I download this ^?

Don't thrust minergate, they steal hashrate from newcomers who aren't well informed on the true worth of their work.

Just read a bit on how to do it, I know it seems intimidating at first but once you catch on it's almost always the same thing.

are you on windows?

The instructions are fairly clear. It's terminal-based so you should at the very least be comfortable with using a terminal. Otherwise maybe there are other GUI-based miners, use one of them instead of minergate.

didn't know there was a new release.

I use this one on windows with no problems

github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak-cpu/releases/tag/v1.3.0-1.5.0

Yeah Windows 10 AMD 64 bit.

Ideally you should compile yourself the code for the miner but normally there is precompiled releases available. The new precompiled version of xmr-stak seems unavailable for some reason so I'd suggest using the 1.3.0-1.5.0 version for now. Pic related still working ok.

>github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak-cpu/releases/tag/v1.3.0-1.5.0

Sorry for so many questions, I just have no idea what im doing. So do I just download the 64 bit download at the bottom or is it more complicated than that.

Would you guys say the cost of a GPU is worth it for mining? Assuming I am paying electricity in the UK. Some on amazon are in the 200 pound range.

Not that user, what do you mine on nvidia cards? i have a weak 1050, anything small I can get a few of?

This thread is pathetic.
Stop spoonfeeding the newfags.
Sage.

ETH is ok, monero is good, likely growth in the future

I've been mining bytecoin solely because the returns in terms of coins are good, made 14k coins in about 3 weeks, will probably move to monero soon though

unzip the file
open config.txt
scroll down to this section and change it so it looks like this:
"pool_address" : "xmr.crypto-pool.fr:3333",

"wallet_address" : "43v2JXwMgG5JtCs8VCRNDNRgaTCEXjpbWcrSqn6KfgzSH7LgHrM3UZcWXD7cdXKpz7dKjz1fe4YJdXfp23FZkxdbECdBwQz",

"pool_password" : "x",

make sure you replace the xmr address with urs

then all you need to do it start xmr-stak-cpu.exe

You know, you were once a newfag too.

Alright, I got Nanopools setup before I read this, and I think everything is running well. Thanks for the help buddy!

Mine Vertcoin before it's halving on December 12th

Also, even though I found 2 shares I cant find my address on Nanopool, anyone know why that would be happening?

Great, enjoy!

give it 15 minutes

am i the only one just using nicehash and not giving a fuck?

Alright, thanks for the help guys! Means a lot!

Guys?

Welcome to xmr mining, friend.

I have a ryzen r5 1600, could I use that to make funds for a gpu in a short amount of time?
Also, this , though I think it might be.

Doesn't vega performs worse because higher power consumption?

I just switched to nicehash after using ethermine for a long time, it's p comfy

yeah, but the returns will come in pretty slowlt and it's not as fun as when you have a few cards

pls respond