If the function of the market is ultimately to evaluate commodities and stocks and stuff...

If the function of the market is ultimately to evaluate commodities and stocks and stuff, to make things as valuable as they should be, and bitcoin is objectively an inferior store of value and currency than 90% of cryptocurrencies out there, it's only a matter of time before it crashes and gets replaced by something else, right? Why should it be worth so much more than Ethereum or Monero or Ripple, when it's so much worse?

It's not like gold and silver, for example, because those two have different properties and can each be utilized for things that the other cannot. I can see Ethereum and Monero coexisting for this reason, they're useful for different things.. But why Bitcoin? Are there any examples of traditional commodities or currencies out there that are even remotely similar to BTC in this respect?

Capitalism was a mistake and you should consider it's alternatives instead of indulging in a fantasy of joining the ruling class one day if you are just clever enough.

Two words: brand value. Bitcoin is a household name. People's grandmothers have heard of Bitcoin. That fact is going to beat out any technical superiority any other coin has. Doesn't mean there isn't room for others, but papa bitcoin ain't going anywhere. Also it's a new asset class entirely so there aren't really any good comparisons to be made.

I'm not trying to join a ruling class at all. I just see an opportunity to escape peasantry and I'm taking it. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't think brand value is enough for something like this. If there was an off-brand alternative to Coca-Cola that absolutely everyone agreed was better in every way (I know this wouldn't happen because things like this are measured more qualitatively), do you honestly think people would still be buying Coke? The brand would just eventually be associated with not being that great.

It is going to take 1-2 years before people realize that there are other "bitcoins" that actually do their job better.
The whole ride is about capitalizing on the public ignorance and jumping before the fall finally comes.

Also, BTC currently is the quickest way to invest on better coins.

Budweiser is pretty popular and is shit

There are better store brand colas than coke. Why is Coke so popular? They spent millions (possibly billions after inflation) on marketing worldwide in order to establish dominant market share, even lobbying the military to allow them exclusive distribution, thus ensuring many American GIs developed a taste for their specific brand. I think you underestimate the deep brainwashing that modern marketing really is.

This
In the following years, it will be a big cat and mouse game, chasing the next crypto which will reach mass adoption before everyone else. Of course, the laggards will suffer a lot. I suspect that with enough time, normies will get completely broke, and autist retards rich as fuck. That is where the new dynasty will begin, a world ruled by autistic neets

people would still be buying coke.
people buy fucking starbucks

Nah, Coke tastes better.

Starbucks is the comfiest

Awful taste, my friend

Nah, Dr. Pepper tastes better.

The crowds know better.

>group thought
neck yourself

No shit, check bitcoins market dominance over time on coinmarketcap, it is slowly bleeding. It is mathematically optimal to buy all the alts

>groupthing*

Group thought is accurate thought.

Because msm talks only about BTC.
Normies don't know about alt coins.

how many times can a man fuck up
>groupthink***