Mining Rigs

How much money would I have to put into a mining rig to make a passive income of 100k per year?

A mining rig sound very lucrative, but only if it is huge. Do any Veeky Forums bros have experience with huge crypto mining farms?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economies_of_scale
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>How much money would I have to put into a mining rig to make a passive income of 100k per year?
You're not going to make it breh

It probably can be done with a 5k GPU rig if you know what you are doing and get lucky, srs.

That being said, lurk more & dyor. Every information is out there, you won't be spoonfed by fellow miners because you make it literally harder for them

I was wondering if it would be more profitable to mine a alt coin. Such as litecoin, I made 12k so far off BTC for the last six months, and my father has made 10k off of a really like trade with funfair. With 20k Do you think we could make a killing? My Dad has experience in IT so I will mention the topic to him today.

What mining rig are you thinking? Antminer? Or ground up gpu build?

This all hinges on the price of the coin you are mining. Tbh you are better off taking the tens or even hundred thousand you would have to spend on equipment and electricity and just invest it in BTC, LTC, and VTC. You'll make you're gains without having to recoup the initial investment in hardware.

You would constantly need to upgrade it through the year and the main problem would be the cooling and power requirements. You would need to rent a proper space and 100k passive.. that's like roughly 50k Radeon 580x or hundrends of AntMiners.

With 20k you could probably a few nice one which would make you like 4k passive _today_. With lots of manual works, timing and luck you could make a ton of course.

tl;dr its chinese factory tier scale, forget it.

nvm, nigger mathematics strike. Its still a lot of hardware.

>5k rig to earn 100k a year
yeah right

It's like trading with shitcoins: you probably mine at a loss at first, many new projects will be duds, but once in a while you will be very early to the game, mine like ten thousands of coins the first few weeks until the big fish catch on. It gets listed a few weeks / months down the line on a high volume exchange and then suddenly bam! Take a look at signatum or electroneum to get an example

How much money would make a respectable gig? Sorry if I am using the wrong terminology I do not know much about mining.

>A mining rig sound very lucrative, but only if it is huge
WHY
Why the fuck would you think that
Why the fuck would anyone think that
It's like people spouting shit like "if you can't invest 10k don't bother" what the fuck is this retarded line of thinking.
If you get like a 10% return, how the fuck would a smaller scale change this fucking 10% return you bunch of fucking retards what the fuck is wrong with you why can't you fucking think in fucking percentage who gives a fucking fuck about fucking lump sums didn't you fucking integrate the fucking concept of fucking compound fucking interests are you a bunch of fucking RETARDED NIGGERS

No offense, just wanting to understand the mindset of hand-to-mouth subhumans without delayed gratification better since you guys are my main customers.

To make 100k a year, you'd need to spend around 35k initial investment and then pay electricity on top of that, which can be paid for from the mining itself.

5k gpu rig

there are startup costs user, please relax

This, but there is lots of luck involved, I mined a relatively new coin for a few days with my gaming rig, got like 5 of them and the price now exploded to 25$ per coin,

Maybe it's possible if you get an early order of the ETH/Moner multiclet ASIC miners coming out next year

But i think this guy is probably retarded and is thinking graphics cards kek

wow get the champagne we got a baller here

I bought parts of old super computers that had been leased to build a large CPU mining cluster for monero. $114k in hardware gave me ~71k AMD opteron cores. Currently hashing at ~2m h/s, which translates at current dif. rating to 990 coins per month, or $175k/m.

However, any new hashing power added will be GPU based as it draws a lot less power, even tho I'll have to pay twice in hardware per hash for GPUs, it works out over time. I'm using the excess heat of the mining to heat up the complex ("free heating") but there is only so much I can use before it gets too hot ;)

wow where tf do you live?
are you batman?
are you mining monero?

Sweden, lowest power cost in Europe (after Iceland, they have it for free) at $0.03 kw/h. It's an old cold war bunker that I bought on auction from the state, they sell them everyone now and then as they have decimated the army size and budget (starting price is $1.2 for every object, so you might get lucky). Yes, as I mentioned in the first sentence in last post.

How many Monero for cryptocave?

BUNKERBRO!

You must be loving Monero's recent performance?

If you go down the speculative mining path, hardware itself doesnt matter that much I guess. You can always rent hashpower on nicehash for example, and point it on a fresh coin for a few days if you are certain this new coin has potential. See, it's way more important to actually pick out potential winner coins from the sea of shitcoins than pure, brute hashing power.
Besides that, you are actually learning a lot of valuable, useful crypto stuff instead of just refreshing your blockfolio all the freaking time

For example, I started last summer with a single 1070 on SIGT within the first 1-2 days of being minable, and managed to dump my bags close to ath.

At current pricing, it was bought at 1130 moneros. Very good price for the size of the complex, used to work 100 people 24/7 for the last 50 years. Radar facility, spied on the soviet airspace to make sure they didn't throw any nukes or planes at us.

Holy shit you are a legend! Great to see you on Veeky Forums

Do you also live in cryptocave?

It's nice that more people are adopting it, but there is so many more people mining it now, the difficulty has been going up like crazy. So torn, personally I don't mind it going down a little to ease of the mining diff. on the other hand I don't want to wish anything bad on the people buying it.

Yes. 32 bedrooms, 2 kitchens, full scale home cinema room, gym, I'll survive.

Interesting, I didn't think of it from a mining perspective.

Relax you utter troglodyte

Wow. What did the bunker cost you in USD?

Current power draw and kWh costs?

>You can always rent hashpower on nicehash for example
lol

I'm not a troglodyte yet, i don't have my bunker made like that guy I think i'll get myself some abandoned mineshaft in rural Japan, feels nice.

Sup mining bro check out my rig

>ASICs for memory bound algorithms
Someone is being scammed by not knowing shit about cryptography

wtf are you bunkerbro from diy?

See
~210,000
Legend

Let's do some simple math here.

If you have 100 computers mining bitcoin in the world and you own 10% of them, you're going to get 10% gains. If you own one of them, you're going to make 1% gains.

what the fuck user

That's my fuCKING POINT THE PROFITABILITY PER RIG IS THE FUCKING SAME WHAT IS T

am i being trolled

More rigs but same ROI = more money. 10% of 100 is more than 10% of 1. Thus investing 100 will net you more money than investing 1, what is so hard to understand?

Not at all. The more mining pc's you have, the more you'll hit it. It isn't a flat rate, it's a luck thing.

If you have 99 PC's mining out of the 100 total, your ROI is much higher than the person with the 1 PC. You may not see 1% pops. You may also see 10% pops.

222kw, $0.03kw/h, ~$4800/m.

Checked. Kind of reminds me of a setup I had a few years back, is that IKEA shelves I see?

Yes.

This is why NXS will be so huge. No more mining pools, and no need for expensive rigs to mine. The end goal is for anyone to be able to mine or take effectively, even if they are using a cell phone to mine or staking with only 10 coins

did you build the whole set up yourself? how long did it take to put everything together? how much planning went into it? did you know how to build it before buying everything?

sorry for all the questions, just too curious not to ask

Mine monero.

if you want to build a GPU rig consider that ethereum will soon be unminable because of proof of stake, you can always mine ZEC, XMR or ETC (the most profitable at the moment). Then the income depends on your energy cost. probably you have to spend around 50K assuming an energy cost of 0.1 $ per KWh and the price of ethereum remaining stable (unlikely, it will probably raise, shortening your ROI)

forgot: assuming also 1% mining pool fee and assuming you can rent a room that offers 20 KW power supply, which is unlikely if you are not willing to pay a good amount of money

Three months to set it all up by myself and some friends paid with pizzas on weekends. The only thing I didn't do was the 22 000 high voltage as by law must be done by union people. With planing I would guess around six months in total. Things takes a while when you are alone at something. /diy/ helped tho ;)

wow kudos to you my man did you buy everything (including the compound) with profits from crypto?

t. brainlet that thinks he is not a brainlet

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economies_of_scale

consider suicide

We're not talking about mass-producing dragon dildos here you faggot, what the chinese mining farms are using and others miners are the same fucking thing there is no fucking economy of scale except maybe fucking electricity discount the more you use and better efficiency for the cooling system since it's used on more fucking units what the fuck is wrong with you just buy an s9 and start mining you queer.

With all respect due.

mining king here

about 170 gpus

making 6 figures

How many lambos is that?

left side...

pics are semi-old i have added couple more rigs since then

some tasty rx 580's added

Can it run Crisis though?

>10% of 100 = 1% of 10
>1+1=2

At least he said it was simple

You are getting it user, don't try to explain it to the brainlets on biz.

>le economy of scale buzzword
Mining is a 100% linear industry (and maybe the only one)

but if the coin tanks, you are bagholding. if instead you buy a bunch of GPUs you still have something tangible to sell if crypto tanks

I've always been curious how you guys plug in rooms full of graphics cards when the most pci slots motherboards have is like 4.

You buy a board that has 8-12 slots and use risers

Never understood why people keep these in open-case systems, wouldn't it be better to design hot/cold aisle for better ventilation? Right now the system will pull in warm exhaust air when trying to cool itself. Or do you live someplace cold where temps doesn't matter?

You mine ETH?

There are some exception models out there.

They make motherboards with many pci-e x1 slots

lol. the motherboard manufacturer must have made this specifically for mining.

There are no great economies of scale to crypto mining, because everyone has the same costs to buy memory.

Buying large amounts of hardware should be considered for its ability to not depreciate; as you continually migrate to more efficient uarch to squeeze the most margin out.

The ability of current gpu's to hash eth is priced in, and reflected in the price of the card on the market and is consistent with nvidia or asic pricing for the hashrate in whatever algorithm.

cpu-only 'memory hard' coins probably have a grater potential for scaling if you can get the memory cost down.

He’s right in that you can achieve a similar effect by spreading the money you’d spend on a GPU into crypto buys over the period where you’d normally be mining. If rise in prices is too steep, you’ll be better of buying directly, since you get cheaper prices.

Look up PCIe riser cables. There’s mobos with like 12 PCIe 3.0 x 1 slots; with 12 riser cables you can run 12 GPU off them. And that’s cheap boards that you can slap a Celeron on as the CPU.

>cpu-only 'memory hard' coins probably have a grater potential for scaling if you can get the memory cost down.
I wonder if such an algo will ever be invented. Even the cuckoo cycle turned out to run more efficiently on GPU.

no i haven't mined eth in months.

I love this thread.
>mfw my old 5850s are not competitive anymore

wait till they announce 7nm miners

>$0.03kw/h
Sheeeeeeeeeiiiiiittt

my brother-in-law is military and he has some kind of housing credit or something, I don't understand it exactly but bottom line is he has free electricity

I am considering buying 10 or so antminers and setting them up at his place and paying him a little something to maintain and secure them

is this a bad idea? will the government (US) come after us or some shit if he is milking his taxpayer subsidized 'free electricity'

What's the best >1000 mining setup I can do?
I'm stupid and optimistic. :DDD

normies are here. just look at this dude's shitpost.

I got 12 vegas mining monero for nicehash. They are absolute beasts, but I could be making even more on electroneum

Does he live on base? Is he officer or enlisted? Does his housing get inspected regularly? It could be considered fraud, waste and abuse.