GIVE ME YOUR REASON

Yesterday I asked a simple question. If people like John Mcafee say bitcoin will be at 1mili. Why even bother with altcoins? If you watch CNBC people barley know what bitcoin is which, if you believe in its future, means it will grow. GIVE ME YOUR REASON FOR MESSING WITH ALT COINS? THEY SEEM LIKE NOTHING MORE THAN LOTTERY TICKETS TO ME!

I just opened a USB from 2013 and found a few BTC
Post your addresses and the first 20 get 0.01 BTC

because is funy fagoot

alts offer higher growth rate in a faster time whereas BTC is long term high growth

BTC pulls most legit altcoins up with it. Lets say btc is 10k a pop and moons to 1 million, well most people can only afford less than 1 btc but lets say they all had 1 btc, thats a nice increase right? But while btc hits 1m eth hits 100k, suddenly people own 10-20-30 eth, Which is more poriffitible? Eth ofc.

Im a poor college student who wishes he had "a few" bitcoins. HAHA.

1E76sabgCW4fEqXUjs6S7qT5hux236vz1v

How much higher growth is needed. I understand the rational to expose yourself to volatility. I personally use a 85/15 strategy. Keep 85 percent of my assets in bitcoins and ETH and the reset in altcoins.

PLEASE: 1KCJtKnAz32nVS4HxkQ6oggXYRYBzgc2ek

Pls be true generous user

18hseiMxPBwCt4W9TKbJxZ3xs1LdK3r6gW

1EvbzkaQcw3p9aMthwfs1vbzw7jgMgJsiE

Please don't be fake, I'm poor af.

18v6gTUwrHwiCHHPrsJJwd6m6mpbZvY5RL

It would help me out alot

19K8yjKdDwYC5yLDD7n8EMHNjuLX8wrWHj

Please user

1BpaMhPjk6FGPXqFZo7oY5Q9yrvTQ6rgrU

1NpxvD1VPR2QJfexnzc6kce65LiRtPxnoJ

plz poorfag here

1DZvkCWNVzTyTr5tzUCFN5KNMFW72DrKnz

1Ldfy2ZNKuRKcyFqGKaptP9JkL9V6BbXJj
help a brother out user!

13FT8DcUe3r8RRCiK3NJnkbW4u1GzmytiM

>If people like John Mcafee say bitcoin will be at 1mili. Why even bother with altcoins?
doesn't know that Mcafee is referring to bitcoin cash

terBet growth potential apparently

1EoLULtnv4DoQ3VKm5mZdwr1QGUnubY3DR

Don't believe you.

1M8MqdsruPqqYkuGG3VK4ZBBt1sa5MtRuG

Please be generous

13gBrqABLkSQyNNLC6jdWMuMq8peBfqyQx
please save me

Agreed. Bitcoin's tech is cumbersome and the more activity it gets the more people will start to see that transactions take forever. Some money will throw up hands and leave crypto entirely but i think more will see that there are already better alternatives. This may take a year. It may take a government or corporation or bank backed alt. Dunno. I'd like it to be an independent alt like Monero or ETH but... dunno.

I'll bite

1157LKC96SAbZcrrwdLwuwckbSvyHH7o93

1B5Pue4g6CqvwJV1ZrXMPFB7ZRjLP1YF9F
Hope im not too late.

I'll bite
16B8uLKm5otZCKpQ6zRSN1enjngaw3799f

LTC is already the implicitly adopted solution to bitcoins transfer issues. That's the winner of 2018.

1DhQNDTfaQ2xHujtViFbXT878VVwcrP7w

>I just opened a USB from 2013 and found a few BTC
yeah and you would be posting on Veeky Forums instead of snorting cocaine on whores tits in your custom made Lambo that has a Ferrari engine inside.
either way here it is : 15u8mW87TYmbrfApcRacL4f3mmH8mCcsTu

16cZs6BZw1ZNBzfchwCDWFibKiqqVhTEBB thanks much appreciated

Simple -- they could be wrong about Bitcoin. There are basically two possible futures: one in which Bitcoin dominates, and one in which some other coin dominates (or no coin does).

We know crypto will change the world, but we don't know exactly what that looks like. So we hedge by buying both BTC and also some altcoin projects that may be promising, and seek to follow developments in the space as closely as possible.

Rising tide lifts all ships

I just don't understand why people still use bitcoin when it is objectively one of the worst crypto.
LTC, ETH, XMR all much better coins

Fake but hey 1PEmd3vTPoomymejxTN5seae7GdVvw32Go

Also, beggars are fucking cancer.

>There are basically two possible futures: one in which Bitcoin dominates, and one in which some other coin dominates (or no coin does).
There is no future where Bitcoin dominates, it is quite literally impossible due to its inability to scale properly with more than a few million people using

There is a potential future in which Bitcoin dominates through an effectively infinitely scalable implementation of the Lightning Network / other trustless sidechain technologies. All of that is in development. I'm not saying it's inevitable, or even probable, only that it is possible (and it is what BTC maximalists have in mind when they spout figures like in the OP).

people like John Mcafee.

HAHAHAAHHAAH.

Kill me .

OP YOU ARE DUMB AND FAG.

I ain't begging shit, he said that he found some btc and he would give 0.01 to the first 20 addresses

178E7pPnK2ffhTHfWyBEqQ8NKBd8NLNXM7

Bitcoin is by far the best "brand" though. I'm investing to profit from 2018 - 2020 normie and corporate adoption wave. Blue chips will obviously be biggest gainers at first from this.

What's going to happen to the price in the distant future when people start dying etc. and BTC will be lost forever in wallets? What's the solution here

Alts are the best way to make more BTC. It will take weeks to months for BTC to even 2x. Also, some alts line IOTA are so much better than BTC that they can even replace it in the long run..

/thread

BTC is valuable unless it becomes a normie thing jackass, it's the money used for drug trafficking and weapon smuggling across the world...you won't buy bread with this

Because bitcoin will be just used as "gold".

What is really going to revolutionize the world are coins like xrp, sys, flo. Those are things all the normies in the world will get involved in because they are superior to what we have now thanks to blockchain.

All those "tech" coins Im not interested in, only real life use coins that will be adopted by the masses.

tldr; I believe certain alts will change society more than bitcoin.

Yes it's just name recognition holding it afloat for the time being. Ideally if there is a flippening of some sort it will be gradual rather than a painful crash and agonizing climb back for the eventual winner.

Not to be a stickler but where you serious about the 0.01 BTC you were planning on sending. Have not got me portion. thanks!

I just find it funny that some many people are buying bitcoin to expose themselves to volatility. while most of the people in the bitcoin community are buying alt coins to "expose themselves to volatility". it really goes to show the differences in mentality.

True. As far as i'm concerned all of crypto and pretty much any stock in a company less than two years old or under $5/share is signing on for a ride. You might have fun, you might vomit, maybe both at the same time.

You realize people only do that to get people like you to bump their threads for free?