Has to have a USB connection with an online computer to be set up

>has to have a USB connection with an online computer to be set up
>you need a Chrome app to use it

This is a scam, isn't it?

no it's secure check the source

Riiiight.

Get a waterproof usb $10 and just create the wallet and encrypt it yourself using an offline Linux boot disk . Save the address separately and load shitcoins onto it. If you decide to send from it create a new wallet

the security comes from the pin which needs to be physically entered on the device

no pin input - no touchey internet shekels

been using this for a couple months to store BTC sent from my mining rigs. Never had an issue with it. I'm no tech genie but it seems very secure.

You want to have it spoon fed to you?

It is not a scam ffs

oh and you can smash it with a hammer and recover it with your recovery key

It's a good wallet, but the issue I've had with it is you need to install a separate app on it for each type of coin and there's limited space. I've got the Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum and Ark apps installed and now it's full.

truly this is the one annoying as fuck thing about it

you can delete an app, install another one, and reinstall the deleted app at a later date w/o deleting the actual wallet though

Just tattoo your private key on your dick

>scam
yes

Can you just send ERC20 tokens to your Ledger?

Dick's not long enough :(

yup, with MEW

It's the most secure device on the market. Ask on other forums to confirm

wont be secure like the ledger is, you obviously dont understand what the ledger does.

when you use that key it's compromised through keylogger, browser exploits etc. might already be compromised unless you used an offline computer to generate it.

You're retarded enough to deserve to lose ur coins one day.

If you destroy or lose your ledger, and you "revive" your wallet using the seed phrase; does that mean a new private key is generated for the coins?

The only secure way to store and spend crypto, other than a HW wallet, is using a computer that never saw internet connection and sign transactions there. The moment a computer is connected online consider it compromised.

/thread

Also, I guess the Chrome extension for ETH is useless for tokens, right?

Only way to manipulate your tokens on Ledger is via MEW?

Sent my shit to my new Ledger an hour ago.
Last I checked everything is still in there.
So far so good!