DONT YOU GET IT, BITCOIN NEEDS TO SURVIVE IN ORDER FOR CRYPTO TO PROSPER. NO BTC NO CRYPTO

DONT YOU GET IT, BITCOIN NEEDS TO SURVIVE IN ORDER FOR CRYPTO TO PROSPER. NO BTC NO CRYPTO

btc needs to die for crypto to prosper

If BTC died we would be much better off.

Uniromically this

Bitcoin is outdated. Way better and faster coins in the markeyt.

if btc dies almost every altcoin will dip but come back stronger than before

these

but everyone already knew that

ignore cia shills and deluded boomers crying otherwise

you're an idiot.
crypto doesnt need bitcoin.

I agree with this post, if Bitcoin dies, crypto winter for at LEAST a year, probably more.

this, we need the nurturing arms of queen ETH. Can you imagine how healthy alts would be under ETH?

Except the coins that don't act as a currency but instead act as a token to help run their business.

OMG for example--Omise's already a payment gateway. They do not need OMG, but they're implementing a blockchain to get a leg-up over the competition.

Crypto and the Blockchain is a technology that can be used in many different ways. If Bitcoin dies, all that means is that dumbasses that only knew bitcoin will leave, while the actual investors putting their money on actual products will be the new money.

Bitcoin needs to be stopped being tied with altcoins. This is ruining the price of all coins, but it's better for our gains when they recover. Idk what's better rly..

MySpace.com

BTC is more then just a number one spot on coinmarketcap. Its the trading pair for majority of altcoins, its also suppose to be the untouchable one. As in altcoins can come and go, moon, dump, etc.. but bitcoin would always be there. If Bitcoin goes under, that means anything can go under. And if anything can go under, nothing is safe, ruining trust in this market. We'd be back under 150billion marketcap for years.

Never kill the golden goose!

Literally unironically 100% this

Bitcoin needs to crash and burn so that all these fags will stop pumping money into an outdated, useless e-trinket, and start investing in things that will actually make a difference in the world.

Once all the capital has fled from BTC, you're right, crypto will suffer hugely for a period of time. Nobody will want to come near the market. But the REAL coins, the ACTUALLY useful and BENEFICIAL coins, will prosper soon after.

>tldr money tied in bitcoin needs to be freed to allow investment and growth of better cryptos

this

It was frankly inevitable one coin would become the store of value

Bitcoin is oldest with widest distribution. It's literally the skin in the game

New coins are just money Grabs

Learn now or learn later

Again, the blockchain is a technology. You're essentially saying "If Amazon goes under, then all online markets can go under! Nobody will invest in them!"

Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Everything is tied to BTC because it's a growing market, and the actual legitimate projects still need to be weeded out from thousands. If BTC dies completely, you can bet your ass the strongest exchanges will shift trading pairs.

You're an idiot if you think that BTC crashing means the entire tech is nullified.

Imagine if Microsoft crashed early on, when DOS was just released. Does this mean that Apple would have crashed and computers would never have been made?

BTC crashing just means a GIGANTIC opportunity reset.

crypto is self sustaining at this point. the only thing keeping other cryptos alive is ETH not BTC

This, I have wet dreams about BTC crashing. It'll chase out all the dumb money from the market. People who understand the implications of the blockchain and the uses it can bring will have the opportunity to pick up game-changing coins for pennies on the dollar.

When BTC crashes, it will be the single greatest money making opportunity in our lifetimes, probably

That's why I'm all in on ETH.

This.

No more forks, no more abominations.
All the shitbags involved (core, BU, miners, the fucking Chinese, etc.) are only out to serve their own retarded interests, and they will NEVER produce any fundamentally sound solutions.

Bitcoin started off the revolution, and for that I salute it; but just let it die already.
It was simply not built for mainstream use.

>GIGANTIC opportunity reset.
sums most of biz altcoin maximalists perfectly

buthurt that they missed their chance and now trying to FUD king hard

It will survive, it wint be the king eventually

Kust like it happened to the "unbeatable" IBM getting dethroned by Apple (ethereum) and Microsoft (Link)

bitcoin is shit, grandpa

>It will survive
In what form though?
As it is, it cannot even cope with current traffic, let alone mainstream adoption.

So who gets to decide how to upgrade it?
Consensus isn't working at all, look at the current shitshow.

What's ETH actual currency in the erc20 ecosystem though? ETH's a platform and not quite designed to be a currency, so what is?

another this for this guy

fpbp

not an argument deluded core cuck

why dont you think it will survive? it will you idiot, why are you even talking

Zcash

The ultimate newfaggot brainlet opinion

>But the REAL coins, the ACTUALLY useful and BENEFICIAL coins, will prosper soon after.
Which will never happen because everyone just tries to get rich off of crypto, instead of it being used as a currency and it can never be useful as a currency unless it's stable which it won't ever be because everyone uses it as a get rich scheme.
>New coins are just money Grabs
So is Bitcoin.

Idk rly kys

>100k unconfirmed transactions
this is the future of money guys

Ethereum is a platform. Ether (ETH) is a currency. ETH can be used to pay for executing smart contracts on the Ethereum platform.

If you think Bitcoin can evolve efficiently the way things are going, you're the brainlet.

Unless Satoshi himself proves his identity and gets back in the driver's seat, Bitcoin is doomed.

The only useful and beneficial coin is BTC, not some chink vapor ware million dollar mcap useless hunk of shit

>tfw you're 100% sure you know what BTC's successor is gonna be, and you know you're gonna make it

Put your mouth up to pic related and whisper it to me.

Theoretically stabilization comes if a currency coin becomes majorly adopted and used throughout the world

Can't bitcoin's infrastructure just be improved?

FPBP

fuck me I love how redpilled on bitcoin Veeky Forums is now. I've been trying to convince you all of this since April.

Absolutely, but it won't.
Too many different parties with their own interests in mind.
Look at the forks and the Core-BU shitshow.

If thats the case then why do all coins dip when BTC dips and not vice versa?

Crypto needs large investors and volume to prosper.
Right now, Bitcoin is the alpha coin feasting on its meal, while the vulture coins are circeling around in the air hoping to get a piece of what is left over.

>Link

Deluded

BTC is alpha coin right now because of first-mover advantage. BTC is also a technology, and in tech you need to adapt and improve or die. There's way too many things holding BTC back from real improvement

sorry to interupt you sir but what you refer to as bitcoin is in fact blockstreamcoin
>inb4 BCash cuck
i hope every single of you cashies get superniggeraids

Completely

Reputation.

It doesn't have to survive long term but it cannot flash crash to zero. The transition to the next hot currency must be gradual.

>superniggeraids
You mean sickle cell?

Like IBM loosing ground to Apple/Microsoft?

1) BTC -> fiat because BTC flat => BTC goes down
2) a) Alts think that Alts will also go down
b) Alts sell to buy BTC dip
=> alts go down
3) BTC stabilizes higher then expected because of Alt money flowing in to buy dip.
4) fiat -> BTC because of stabilized dip => BTC goes up
5) Alters cash out => BTC stabilizes, Alts go up.
Go back to 1

>The transition to the next hot currency must be gradual.

This is accurate, and would likely happen so long as the replacement isn't a fork like BCH which would effectively kill BTC too quickly from a theoretical death spiral if everyone just mines that

That is true but i fear a fast crash would kill off a bunch of alts in the fallout. You don't want to be holding ANY flavor of crypto if that happens.

I don't think the dot com rise is a fair comparison.

*puts wet pinky in ear*

*grabs you by the throat*
Back the fuck off?!?!?!

*activates trapcard*

You can't stop the technology. Unfortunately governments won't have their hands in deep enough to let this slide without intervention. Crypto is the future but it will be centralized under various power structures, and their won't be a consolidation that capsulates the market

Do you honestly believe there will ever be a crypto that will the best one forever? There will always be better tech in the future and better coins being developed. That's why cyptocurrency will never be money unless governments adopt it, but then it's as good as fiat.

how did you get that from my post? btc is outdated and eventually will be dethroned. and so will the next coin and the next. but the 2nd and 3rd and so on waves will be more meaningful implementations of block chain technology. some of todays ICOs will survive and form the foundations of a future economy.

Nah fuck you and your BTC bags you bought at 11k. BTC will die soon-ish, when Tether gets busted and the stimulation stops BTC will crumble:
>Tether/Bitfinex gets busted
>instant BTC freefall to 6k
>bulltrap to 8k
>another fall, probably 5k or so
>accelerating peaks and dips with each peak and dip being lower than the last cycle
>the moment BTC loses the top mcap spot, fast spiralling downwards into the trash

BTC is only afloat because of its dominance, the moment that is called into question or even nullified, it will die extremely quickly. The day that happens, a good 30% of normalfags will take huge losses and cash out, while the rest will switch over to something better, like ETH.

But how is that a good thing for the purpose of money there's just too much encertainty. What you are describing works well for stocks, but then what's the product?
I just don't see how any of that could work honestly

All the normies that called it scam/bubble for years are now buying at $10k. Now btc will crash and they will feel scammed confirming their previous suspicions which will escalate the crashening down to 2k which is good for us

full traceable currency is a governments wet dream. there will be government backed coins eventually.

tools like futures will remove some of the volatility. regulation will come in, scams will be reduced.
but there also will be other coins and chains inter operating together. providing utility and value in other areas.

Implying normies have enough invested into bitcoin to crash it down to 2k

>brainlet

they are buying a good share of btc since weeks, brainlet

I know as well but waiting til I can buy 2x for 750 each

Did computers need IBM to survive? Did browsers need Netscape to survive? Did social media need MySpace to survive?

Don't be a literal retard. Tech destroys the first to market all the time the second a hotter, younger bitch comes around.