Don't you guys think it's getting pretty dangerous with cryptos now? I mean...

Don't you guys think it's getting pretty dangerous with cryptos now? I mean, today I heard two teenagers talking about mining fucking bitcoin. At a fucking McDonalds. We see lots of people coming here asking for advice. Lots of people believe they gonna be millionaires because of cryptos.

Where's the old golden rule to back off and cash out when everyone starts talking about an investment? Why do all seem to think it's gonna get to 100k in one straight shot with a few smaller bumps?

the entry barrier for crypto is pretty high.

i mean yes everyone want to make money but you need a certain level of computer skills before entering the crypto scene

this
just look at the fucking comments at etherscan
you cant make this shit up
normies dont double check everything they think every single wallet or exhange is going to hold their hand
1 number wrong on the adress ? poof everything is gone
they are going to get rekt so fucking hard lmao
all the etherdelta fuckups will be nothing in comparision to this

Yeah, that's why I think it's never going to get adopted worldwide. Everything we see is just a result of high hopes

not really, if you are a dumb dumb and keep it all on exchanges at least.

but i agree overall

Projects like LINK and REQ will help substantially with mass adoption if they go as Veeky Forums plans tho

^ this.

I'd be worried once mutual funds, CME, etc are fully running and any Justin or Michelle can easily invest. But at that point the market cap will be in the trillions. Even then, think of how many ppl don't invest in their retirement for starters, why would a volatile wild west market be their go to?

The average person has zero clue beyond installing Coinbase and buying $100. They can't afford to drop $5-10k, let alone $1k. You expect normie to figure out cold storage, paper wallets, core wallets, etc?

We're a long way from mass adoption still.

yeah,, this. This bored has been screaming "the normies are coming the normies are coming" since day 1, and to this day people the normies still think blockchain = bitcoin, cryptocurrency = bitcoin, bitcoin = get rich overnight

that coupled with the wild volatility right now and the computer skill requirements tell me we're safe for quite some time

exactly, when btc was $450, I was casually dropping hints that I mess with btc, like "ya maybe stores might take bitcoin now that we have chips"

"whats a bitcoin?"

"Oh, its a virtual currency" hehe

Now its like, people know what bitcoin is now. when before no one did when price was $450.

Basically, bitcoin is crashing to 1k.

>I'd be worried once mutual funds, CME, etc

Next week

>entry barrier for crypto is pretty high.
LOL
>make coinbase account
>press buy

it is not hard at all in 2017

it might seem piss easy for you, you might already know how to mine/code for the network but most people don't know what is crypto graphy and how wallet storage works. a person that knows little to nothing about it won't put thousands of dollars into it

please send us your social security number
a scan of your face
all bank details adress
your dick size
a stool probe
then wait 3 years to funds to be transferred
once you wanna buy the website goes down cause thats how coinbase works

yes they woujld, they will ignorantly keep their money on exchanges. it's just click and buy

this

nope, this is only when you try to cash out over 5k -> the origin of you cant cash out meme

STICK TO THE THREAD GUYS

I dont give a fuck about coinbase. I'm talking about that golden rule. I have seen it back in 2013 and I see it now, EVERYONE talks about these fucking coins

a bunch of easily frightened weak hands bring new money to the slaughter table and you want out?

I dont even have any cryptos lol

then why do you care?

he went short

lol i bought bitcoin and ether for the first time today, took about 10 mins to do it

Normies have been in crypto for long time. Just check the twitter or this board and check out all the low IQ posts.