I'm really new to investing and financial stuff so I have a quick question

I'm really new to investing and financial stuff so I have a quick question.

Lets say I make a purchase of 0.01 bitcoin at $10,000. The value then drops to $8000... I obviously don't want to sell now but lets say I go ahead and buy another 0.01. I now own 0.02 bitcoin, but how do I determine what my "value" is now in terms of when I should sell for a profit? I could wait until $9500 and then sell, at which case I would turn a profit on the $8000 coin but not the $10000 coin... how does it work when the same stock of item is mixed together but were received for different values basically

just type in on google 0.02 btc to usd and it will tell you the current value

lol holy shit

Im gonna KMS I cant take these newfags any longer

Are you retarded?

Buy 1 at 10, goes down to 5, buy 1 at 5, goes up to 9, sell 2 at 9
I put in 15 and cashed out 18, the rest is in your head

This.

Also: smart to buy some extra at 8k to lower your average.

MMMMMaaatttthhhh is hhhhaaaarrrdddd

newfag

You shouldn't be investing due to the simple fact that you have no fucking idea what you're doing.

Have you ever heard of dollar cost averaging?

Your two hypothetical purchases will leave you with 0.2btc with an average cost of $9000 and are in the black so long as the price remains above that level.

Notice that in my ecample I bought the same amount at both prices and that I sold at a profit without it reaching the price I originally bought at

It's called "average down", works the same way when it's going up and you're selling

>newfag literally asks how to add two numbers and determine if another is bigger than this sum
jesus christ please buy fucking ETH I'll gladly take your money

>>newfag
the irony

You buy 2 BTC. One at 5000 and one at 6000. Let's say currently BTC is worth 10,000. Your BTC are worth 20,000. 20,000-(5000+6000)=9000

Congratulations you gained 9000 in value. Of course you can hold on to it and maybe the value will rise even more. Or maybe it drops to 5500. Then you are were you started.

Hour old are you? This is pretty basic stuff

Hey I am also kinda new to crypto only invested in btc so far
where do I buy things like chain link, xmr, IOTA and so on ?
is there a site which sells it all?
coinbase only sells btc and eth

binance, but fuck off and DYOR

>DYOR

I did but after failing to get some chain link after 10 min of googling I was donezo

>measuring value in the tanking USD instead of BTC
your value is 2BTC. how much debt you can "repay" someone and make them do work for you is measured at 20k. forgot how fiat works, did you?

quality b8

wow rude sorry i guess i was overcomplicating it in my head

congrats! I have never seen any dumber post. This is basic math lol

thdis is simple math you fucking tard. selling at anything over 9k would net you profit (not inluding fees of course, just making it simple)

I was googling "buying chain link" and I was directed to a site which offered me jobs or some shit baka

I am going to go out on limb and guess you over complicate a lot of things, like breathing.

>Lets say I make a purchase of 0.01 bitcoin at $10,000
$100

>The value then drops to $8000
$80

>I go ahead and buy another 0.01
$160

You have invested $180
You have $160
160*1.125 = 180
8000*1.125 = 9000

You break even at $9000

>"this 0.01 BTC is worth x amount"
>"this 0.01 BTC is worth y amount"
>"i can't figure out if I lose or gain money"
People like this are allowed to drive, have a job, and have offspring. Let that sink in.

Can you be any more of an autist? This is why girls don't talk to you.

Once i get some lines into these kinda posts, i just stop reading out of fear of unlearning something

newfag detected