In dnd/pathfinder terms would majora's mask be considered a artifact or a creature?

In dnd/pathfinder terms would majora's mask be considered a artifact or a creature?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aOTvmvVbyUo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who gives a shit.

It's a demon.

By the game's lore, an artifact
By the manga's lore, still an artifact, but carved from a beast that died from exhaustion after dancing 3 days straight.

If one was to forcefully remove the mask from another person, how painful would the process be?

Sentient evil artifact.

what abilities would it convey in pathfinder/dnd terms? weather control is a definite with the blizzard at snowhead.

Not very painful, it was removed from the Skull Kid pretty easily.

OP here, i sorta want someone to do a a majora mask campaign, maybe you were called to a Termina were link never arrived or you were called via the four giants

It's linked to the twili and the twilight realm, it's specifically designed for inflicting curses. The blizzard at snowhead didn't explicitly have anything to do with the mask.

There's like a million video's on youtube about it.

Mainly it deals with [death] [evil] [shadow] and [curse], giving bonus (free) metamagic, boosted caster levels when casting spells with any of those descriptors. But you have to deal with it trying to possess you.

youtube.com/watch?v=aOTvmvVbyUo

It created goht, and goht was responsible for the blizzard and imprisoning one of the 4 giants.

I don't see how you can reasonably claim that it create goht. I'm fairly sure that the masks, dungeons and bosses already existed.

It's a sapient artifact. One of the ones with a CHA score who can overpower its owner.

Considering how hard the Twili's strongest artifacts get chumped by the Triforce and whatnot, Majora's Mask's ridiculous world-ending power seems a bit above their level.

Yeah but the triforce is a divine artifact of infinite power, wisdom and courage capable of reshaping reality. It's kind of hard to compete with.

The dungeons certainly existed. Majora's Mask either created or rules over the four masks that corrupted the four giants into the dungeon bosses.

This is even more clear in the 3D remake, where they have giant Majora's Mask eye weak points.

A cursed sentient artifact. The artifact grants the following abilities to the user, all spells use charisma for casting purposes.

>The user's charisma is increased to 22, +20 to Perform skill: Dance
>The user is CE for as long as the mask is worn. It is cursed and cannot be removed by mundane means.
>The user gains Darkvision
>The user may cast Hover at will and Flight once per short rest
>The user may cast Telekinesis at will against inanimate objects, and against creatures 5 times per long rest.
>The user may cast Shield at will as a bonus action
>The user automatically fails the first save against being charmed by the mask.
>The user may cast Power Word: Kill once per long rest. After casting the user takes 1d6 life drain damage from the mask.
>The user gains a meta-magic pool equal to half his level if he did not have access already, and may choose one metamagic feat for every 3 levels, plus one. If the user already has access to metamagic, he gains half that.

The mask itself is capable of the following abilities, all spells use charisma, and any action taken uses the User's actions unless otherwise stated.
>The mask's charisma score is 22, if the mask and the user require opposing rolls, use the user's natural charisma.
>The mask has Truesight at a range of 80ft
>Life Drain: The mask syphons HP from the user each day. Each day after the first that the mask is word, the user looses 1d8 from its hit point maximum. If this brings the user to 0, the user is consumed.
>The Mask may cast Geas once per day, and Charm three times per day. It may cast Charm at will against its user with advantage.
>The mask may cast Read Mind at will on its user as a free action, and against others 3 times per day as a free action.
>The Mask may cast Telekinesis against the user at will.
>Metamorphosis: If the Mask brings its user to 0hp via life drain it may create its own body. The mask against all abilities it grants the user in addition to casting Wish once per day.

Hmmm, I'm not too sure about that. While the majora's symbol is new knowledge, a lot of masks in african culture (which a huge amount of MM is based on) are there to facilitate talking with creatures, ceremony or passing down oral traditions, a certain number are meant to have intimidating appearances that scare away evil spirits.

Personally i wouldn't say infinite as in the downfall timeline where ganon got all 3 pieces he was not able to escape being imprisoned in the sacred world.

I remember 3.5 had rules for intelligent items. Not sure about newer versions, it has been years since I last played.

I'm running that campaign now.
>Party called to Termina by powerless Majora
>Termina's water sucked away centuries ago to make flood in Hyrule (Wind Waker)
>Everything is now a desert apocalypse
>Fierce Deity rules as a ruthless God-Emperor planning to invade Hyrule and "Take our water back!"
>Majora decides Fierce Deity isn't playing by the rules of their game anymore, summons PCs to sort shit out
>Gotta put masks on giants to "restore" them
>Bring down FD's empire
>Save Hyrule and Termina
Stop Majora once and for all.

Doing some reading, and the 'boss' masks don't have any solid information on them, aside from them also being referred to as 'moon children' in game. Game theory culture shock episode considers them to be 'siblings' of majora, the 'moon child' of myth.

So I'd say that majora didn't create them, but he may have summoned them and used them to 'seal' the giants. Tael talks about the giants in the first encounter with majora, before time reversal. First giant teaches oath to order and says only "Call us". Second giant responds to tatl's question of "what are you with" "Guardians" and she infers that they are protective gods, reached only by the temples. Tatl pleads the third giant to help otherwise 'something terrible will happen' and the third giant responds with "Help our friend", tatl agrees but demands that they cooperate when called. After fourth temple, tatl declares that they've helped all of them and the fourth giant responds once again with "Call us", she demands their cooperation again and says that link will call them from the top of the clock tower, and they respond with "Forgive your friend".

So the giants were sealed, but the guardians may have already been there (just without masks) as a means to determine the worthy. it's murky as shit because the temple design has literal fucktons of info in itself (holy shit the things that could be said about stone tower).

That's the wrong way to CIA in a Zelda thread, user.

Link had to fight Majora to remove it, I'd say it was kinda painful. For him.

He also turned into a big guy.

>Surprise! Those were tits the whole time!