Why are there a million variations on elves...

Why are there a million variations on elves, but dwarves are always beer-guzzling bearded short guys with a boner for mountains, stonework, and Scottish accents?

Because apparently trying to make them anything else sends nerds into uncontrollable fits of rage.

Because the elves nowadays are based on Tolkien's elves who fit into LITERALLY EVERY FUCKING NICHE.

While dwarves who are also based on Tolkiens dwarves do only that one thing.

Why ruin perfection?

This.

This. Tolkien fags ruin it for the rest of us.

You make that sound like the million variations on elves aren't all exactly the same...
.. with the slight exception of drow being EVIL instead of hippy.

While dwarves don't have as many pallet swaps we still have:
Hill/Gold
Mountain
Badlands
Deep dwarves
Duergar (the Dwarf Drow)
Frost/Arctic
Wild

Plus the ones from specific settings like Urdunnir, Gully and whatever you call Darksun ones.

Just the one off the top of my head.

Erryone complains about elves and dwarfs, elfs and dwarves, and I'm sitting here and listening to normies who can't tell a goblin from an orc.
Now tell me, how much different orcs there are?

About as many types of orcs as points you would be docked for that sentence in an English class.

>Scottish accents
That's not even Tolkien, that's just Warcraft.
And last time I check D&D had more evil races of Dwarves than elves do. (Derro and Dreugar vs Drow) it's just that almost all dwarves just related to the mountains and underground.
But these are pretty true.
Remember in 3.5 where someone said there's an elf for that?

Pic unrelated, mostly because it's another old school half-orc.

What are you talking about?

Distinctions like "high elf" or "wood elf" don't mean different species in Tolkien. Wood elves (I'm actually not sure if that term is ever actually used) are literally just elves who live in the woods and that's it, high elves are elves who have been to the Undying Lands but later went to Middle Earth.

You can honestly blame D&D more than you can Tolkien for the million different Elves. Tolkien Elves would be almost too overpowered to be a player race on the first place.

Tolkein Orcs, Warcraft Orcs, and Warhammer/40k Orks are all vastly different from one another.

meanwhile dwarves in all three settings are pretty much the same

Because every elf character need to be a unique snowflake, it is the law playing an elf. Remember every elf is special!

>Dwarves.... eh... they are ugly, smelly and dirty like the cave dwelling primitive midges they are. They all have those dirty long beards where they collect all their dust and fleas. You can't even tell them apart they don't even have females. Besides all they can do is swing around axes, they can't even make a bow, you know a PROJECTILE WEAPON, something vastly superior to axes and hammers that only primitive savages use these days.

In my last setting Dwarves were actually British style imperialists, as they are the only species capable of making gunpowder (it is the dung from rock worms).

Dwarves in my setting are also much less human than in most settings, as the cave networks in the world are filled with brine pools with rock wurms inside (think of a 2 ft. maggot that lives similarly to a deep sea vent worm). To eat these the dwarves have to consume a special kind of alcohol which protects their bodies against lethal levels of metal and methane, which other species think of as beer because of the smell and color. It is actually pretty poisonous to other species.

Unless everyone was pretty high point values/etc.

You're right, they can't make bows, elfy.
they make crossbows
Pic unrelated

That sounds pretty cool, user

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Thanks. Sadly the party didn't care about them or their giant mountain beetles that worked like underground oxen very much, as they found out the guys were fighting Mindflayers and sped off into the distance to go hunt Mindflayers.

On the plus side, they asked when they would see some combat and I got to say "Thoon, my child, Thoon."

because dorfs are perfect the way they are

In Endless Legends the dwarves are survivors of the previous apocalypse and they are a bunch of underground dwelling tribals with bone masks and loin cloths included.

>"In Endless Legends, they refer to Goblins as 'dwarves'."

In Shabazik universe there are as many races of dwarves as races of elves.

Yorkshire Dwarves are the best Dwarves

Followed closely by Cornish Dwarves

Why are there a million variations on threads, but you post the same one every day?