Guys...

Guys, I want to come up with ideas for a action-packed sandbox game for my players that's a mix between Conan the Barbarian and The Borrowers.

Basically, clans of tiny people live throughout the human world, but this campaign takes place in one neighborhood that is home to five clans. They are at war for more territory.

And that's All I got so far. I've been rereading the Conan stories and trying to apply them to the Borrowers type people. They're about 5cm tall.

Share ideas, discuss games where the players are tiny.

Idea for one clan.

>Beast Brood (or some name like that, I don't konw)
>Believe that they are the chosen clan of the chosen race, and that all other creatures, especially those bigger than them, are just challenges that need to be conquered.
>They prefer to capture and tame animals like rats and snakes rather than kill them, and use them as war animals.
>Have dreams of one day breaking in things like large dogs, giants (humans), and cars.

should one clan specialize in scavenging big folk stuff, or should all clans be accustomed to that sort of thing?

also, any interesting ideas for locations? I was thinking of them treating houses as lands in their own, vaguely named after the big folk who live there(ie, Smithland, Parkerstan, Martinton, Garciadale. ect).

Not only that, but we could do something with a park. Like, the woods surrounding the park is a popular hunting ground for clansmen.

>Parkerstan

Also, the sewers could be interesting. Like, it's the place that is super scary. Like the Underdark to the little people's world.

>Scythes made out of bird talons tied to sticks

>Armor made from tin and aluminum cans

>Broken beer-bottle glass swords
>Owl-feather head-dresses

How would that even work? Do they heat it up to make it more malleable and then bend it into chest pieces and stuff?

Ants are like dogs to them.

I feel like small people using and adapting bugs is too common. What if they're constantly beset by ravenous hordes of insects that want to eat them?

Like tyranids, but smaller.

What if we went down the middle ground and fluffed them as a serious danger to tribes but not tyranid-tier?

Well, if we did that, what kind of work animals would they have to use? Surely at five centimeters in size rats and squirrels would be too large.

Perhaps different species are dangerous whilst others are domesticated like says?

Perhaps some beetles are domesticated and the other insects are neutral or aggressive towards the minipeople?

ehh, I like the sounds of that.

Now what of the other tribes? Anybody got ideas? We already have the Beastmasters

Fishermen, fishing from both natural streams and artificial ponds, perhaps living among the roots of trees wasterside trees?

I expect that climbing trees for bird eggs would also be a reasonable strategy to get food.

bump

bump

The sewers are home to exiled clan members and are filled with the dregs of tiny society.

Not much in the way of ideas generation but if you didn't include an actual sandbox with a group of little dudes living in the playground equipment and scavenging leftover juice boxes and goldfish crackers for sustenance once the sun goes down I'd be severely disappointing.

We played a borrowers style game before but it was more of a quest style adventure than a conflict shrunk down. Started in the countryside and had to go to the city. Also animals were intelligent and could be played as characters, little people able to interact and converse with them normally but not proper humans obviously.

Overall though it was a lot of fun, and we got a lot of cool variety with the characters so that it didn't feel like any other sort of adventure with a human party but just shrunk, but actually something different.

are they mini arabs/fremen?

yes.

>they have earthworm attack 'dogs'

RIIIIDE THE WORM MAUD-DIB
At 5cm they're small enough to pull that spider shit and bring air bubbles underwater with them (maybe even in captured spider silk?) to let them hunt down there.

Four words.

Snail worshipping monk tribe.

>Exile clan has weapons forged from all the trash that's been flushed down there
>Their weapons are poison

ewww

Eww is right. No one wants to go into the sewers, and they're going to make use of that.

bump

>One of the clans is trying to unleash an ancient evil from it's metal prison
>It's just a really big bug someone caught under an empty soda can

Sounds like a great setting for me to steal for Iron Heroes!

There has to be at least one great chieftain interred with an army to guide him into the afterlife, and the army is just a buncha little green army men.