All the major roads in the country are neatly arranged in an extremely regular, ultimately circular pattern

>all the major roads in the country are neatly arranged in an extremely regular, ultimately circular pattern
>they are well maintained and patrolled, even areas that see little use

Should I be concerned?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gridlock
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you playing a bandit and/or criminal of some kind?

Depends. Has your DM been watching Fullmetal Alchemist lately?

I wouldn't worry about it, its certainly not a giant geomantic maze formation rune

An adventurer?

when a self backed party of men relieves a person of their coin they are bandits, when a self backed party of men relieve a ruler of his nation they are called adventures

I get it, OP is an American and the idea of a well-maintained infrastructure and a responsible police force that actually makes things safer is sort of a surprising concept.

But seriously... . It's probably that. Map it out and see what sort of eldritch spell-circle it ends up being.

I'm pretty sure its this that goblin is a terrible liar

>the monarchy's royal army have chariots
>all the chariots were designed by a single man
>the design has an inherent flaw where it will slowly veer off to the left or right when at speed
>the only way to remedy this is constantly moving while turning left or right, if even by a little
>the avoidance of having a single straight street makes parades easier and saves the incompetent design from failing when used in the streets

???

You'd think someone would fix that. Like, immediately.

Can't. Government subsidies and contracts. Maybe in 10 years when it's up for bidding again.

And by the time 10 years has passed, everything will be compatible with Kind of Wonky Chariot TM so there'll be no need to replace them, and they've released upgrade kits to modernize our chariots to make them work in a modern combat environment.

> Well Maintained Infrastructure

> Europe

Lol, good try. Pretty much all American cities are laid out in grids or ring roads, the only retardation is a lack of roundabouts which are god-tier civil engineering, but largely unnecessary due to the aforementioned sensible layouts.

The advantage of having been built in the last couple hundred of years instead of being possibly expanded goat trails. Or still goat trails.

As for maintenance, it varies by state and city many of which are larger than any European nation in size if not both size and population.

But yeah, I would check with the Surveyors guild to see if anything is going on. What's that, you think they might not have organized surveyors? Nigga, land ownership is one of the most important legalities to people since the dawn of time. You haven't lived until you've seen someone stabbed with gardening shears over a 10cm strip that had eaves overhanging it. We have records going back 4000 years of professional surveyors measuring that shit out for people. If you fuck up and die before it's found out, your estate can be sued for a shit ton.

See it's nice distraction. The formation you're charging at thinks that you're aiming at dudes to their right, but then you slam right into them while they're relaxed.

>ultimately circular pattern

Are you absolutely certain that it's a circle? And not, say, a spiral?

>Uzumaki
Please, don't make me remember it

US infrastructure is poorly maintained and in a far worse state than in Europe.

Also, you know where the term gridlock comes from? It's comes from the jam grid layouts cause.

It actually comes from population density. We have many times more people per city. again some are bigger than whole european countries. The issue is that no matter what you do its bad the grid system however alleviates that exponentially by number of available highways and freeways. Now if we could fully stagger peoples work hours so rush hour wasn't a thing it would all be gone.
Can you imagine new york city population density in a fuck up of a roadway city like london? Traffic would go literally nowhere for days. You'd run out of gas just idling before you could reach the next gas station and walking would suddenly be the only option but you'd be more packed and clamory than tokyo making vehicle man slaughter go up like crazy. You're comparing tiny inconsequential peanuts to an elephant.

>It's comes from the jam grid layouts cause.
...no, it comes from the fact that the cars tend to form up in a loose grid...

>hey its those guys we marched for eight weeks to come fight
>oh shit looks like they're gonna go fuck up someone over behind us a little to the right, better not see what they're charging at
>anyone bring a deck of cards?

No it doesn't.

How does I traffic lights?

And by then the country will be built around it

the red cars shouldn't be where they are, but people are shits and go anyway which blocks off roads in a grid pattern. suddenly noone can move and everyone is blocked. This is gridlock.

I live in England so idk how it is supposed to work regarding american traffic lights. Do they have them at every intersection?

>traffic lights

Try driving in LA and tell me you think traffic lights make any kind of difference

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gridlock

Don't you?

Not every one, but there are a lot of them

Not at every one. At least out where I am, there's a mix of lights, yield signs, and stop signs, depending upon what's there

Depends. German highways are well maintained but those in several cities I visited were in much poorer states of repair than their counterparts in the US. Austria...I won't say it was bad but a major road turned into a dirt road during one trip for several miles.

They have lights at most busy intersections and stop signs at moat others.

The EU has the primary road thing going, which is pretty alien for us Americans.

Roundabouts are GOAT civil engineering

Is your GM Tilefag?

They do make a difference, if cops actually give tickets for stopping in the middle of an intersection like they should. I lived near Chicago when I was younger and people didn't stop in the middle of traffic lights because that shit got you ticketed.

I feel like both sides of this retarded argumemt have probably not driven on the others roads and, as such, are just spouting nonsense back and forth.

Only if the adventurer is a murderhobo or a thief.
(Nice quads)

Its either some sort of bullshit magic country or possibly germany.

PA fag here, certain parts of the US have really bad infrastructure, in PA 23% of the 22,600 bridges are structurally unsound, this is the highest in the nation. I dunno how europe is, but they arent a collective organization. There is a pretty serious issue with at least road based infrastructure in the US.

Roundabouts are the absolute worst thing ever. I didn't think civil engineering could have memes, but the fad of roundabouts have proven me wrong.

Thankfully I haven't seen any being built in a while so hopefully they are dying.

I feel you, but I also think roundabouts have their place. Most intersections should be traffic lights or stop/yield signs, but a couple roundabouts were put in near my old house on a moderate to low traffic road and they really did help to alleviate congestion. About the only times people would drive on that particular road was early morning or late at night going to/from work, because of that the traffic was predominantly in one direction at any given time. Roundabouts meant that you wouldn't have to wait just because you got unlucky and hit the light at a bad time.

The most effective way to reduce accidents is to remove left turns (right turns in UK). Hence, roundabouts.

Roundabouts aren't speed bumps. Therefore they aren't the worst thing ever.

What's so bad about speed bumps? I hear people bitch about them all the time, but the only time I've ever actually seen them was in my school parking lot and I think they were a good idea there, elsewise dumb kids would definitely drive too fast.

Because they fuck up the suspension in your car, and are uncomfortable to drive over. There's hundreds of ways to slow a driver down that isn't speedbumps.

Part of it is what said - they're literally designed to force you to comply by ruining your vehicle if you don't. But the big problem is that you can't ignore them, even in an emergency. Even if you have the right to ignore them in an emergency, because you're driving a fucking ambulance and you've got your sirens on.

>Thankfully I haven't seen any being built in a while so hopefully they are dying.
They're springing up all over the place in the Midwest. They work very well as long as all the drivers aren't retarded.

>They work very well as long as all the drivers aren't retarded.
*sigh* self driving cars when?

>*sigh*

Mass produced, self driving cars will be road legal in the U.S. about the same type you stop typing like a faggot.

Pls no

So its B.S.Johnsson design?

so never?

I was happier before I double-checked that sign, when I thought it said "DP Your Car"

>midwest
>nonretarded drivers
No. Pick none. I live here and i can tell you that no one drives by the law if theres not a cop around.
Sitting at a redlight and no cars coming? Fuck it drive through.
No posted speed limit on a backroad? Go as fast as you can without flipping your car.
Wanna go 5 lanes over on a freeway at 90mph? Better make sure i don't signal and just slam my wheel to the left.
The big problem is most are immigrants without licenses or formal training since you need a car for a job to pay for a home so why not skip the middleman and just drive, but its okay. Remember? So long as you don't get caught.