MTG Pauper General: Should I Even Make These Edition

>MTGO Pauper Guide
cardhoarder.com/mtgo-beginner-guide

>What are some top tier decks I can get on MTGO/Paper?
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper

>BUT I WANT TO SEE ALL VIABLE DECKS!
tappedout.net/users/fruuty/deck-folders/

>Which rules should I follow?
If you don't already have some homebrew version with friends, follow the MTGO card pool and banlist (and please spread this to your friends that start playing with you). Currently the only place Pauper is officially supported by Wizards is online, and they have a card pool and banlist, therefore that is the format we should be using offline on paper as well, since decks and cards can transfer to games between each other with no confusion.

>WAHHH THATS TOO HARD WHERE...
mtg-hunter.com
The bottom left has a box, select MTGO Pauper, all cards in the card pool and banlist are taken into account.

>What deck should I use?
Ask in the thread!

>Is MTGO worth it?
If you have no local paper competition, but want to play a vast amount of Pauper, it can't be beat, even if it is a clunky GUI, you learn quickly.

Some good decks for newbies include but are not limited to:
>Burn
>Elves
>Goblins
>Stompy
>Slivers
>Affinity
>Mono U control
>UB Teachings

Other urls found in this thread:

ovinotournament.com/pauper-main-event-ovinospring-2/
magiccards.info/be/en/283.html
youtu.be/srVgVfTxN3I?t=12s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

HO HO HO MIDGETS

JUST TRY TO DEFEAT ME!

Im working on a deck that plays the mercenary creature type along with deck manipulation like Ponder and Brainstorm. It should work like a pseudo-toolbox deck.

The issue is figuring out what the rest of the deck should be. Grey Merchant? Barrow Ghoul? Swarm Surge?

My friend keeps trying to get into Delver: the Delvering: the Format, Featuring Delver and his friend Delver. Obviously, I have reservations. After watching my friend play Mono U Delver, I don't even know why anyone would want to play pauper. Ever.

However, I did have an idea for a deck. How would I go about making BG madness? I see a lot of possibility, but Delver and turbo fog have me concerned.

FYI Stompy and Burn shit on Delver.

There is no turbo fog in Pauper.
Delver is good, but it's not that Delver is good, it's that blue decks in general have answers for everything. If you look at the results, there are almost always blue decks besides Delver based ones in the format winning.

Stompy and Burn both fuck delver to infinity. BG Madness is in Shitbrew states right now. I haven't fought a deck that didn't conced in 5 turns.

Let him make Delver, you run Stompy and kick his face in.

>How would I go about making BG madness?
Tortured Existence. Use Satyr Wayfinder and Stinkweed Imp to get creatures into your graveyard, then activate Tortured Existence to bring them back to your hand while at the same time casting Madness spells. Play cards like Grave Scrabbler to gain even more value.

Delver shouldn't be that big of a deal when you can just put Stinkweeds in the way. Not to mention to the great removal spells with Madness that black has access too.

Also, remember that Gathan Raiders is essentially a colorless madness enabler despite the red frame.

Anyone playing jank?

I'm building an eggs deck based around pumping up Glazed Fiend. It's terrible, but I love it.

I call it "Deviled Eggs"

Alright, awesome. Thanks. I was looking at a lot of those, and there is some sweet shit in SOI like Alms of the Vein and Murderous Compulsion.

>There is no turbo fog in Pauper
There definetly is, but it's a super janky.

That's what I meant.

I want to get into constructed Magic so much but I feel so shit just looking up decks online.

>Try getting into standard
>Enjoy building a R/B madness deck myself from scratch
>Go to the FLGS
>Obliterated with impunity by T1, T2 decks of which 80% were card-for-card copied from the current Bant company lists
>Consider getting into pauper
>Get told that you either play CL/Shock spam burn or affinity or you suck dicks

Back to drafting and sealed it is then.

Yeah that's not the meta so whoever told you that is a salty idiot. There are a ton of decks try looking in the OP before posting retarded shit.

Who the fuck uses Shock.

I sometimes run Shock or Lightning Strike over Rift Bolt, or run 2x shock 2x rift bolt in burn.
Generally if I'm expecting to go against a lot of creatures in the early game.

81 players at a pauper events this Sunday in Milan (Italy)
here are the decklist for the top 8
ovinotournament.com/pauper-main-event-ovinospring-2/

I did not very well (only 3 win) with my Aura deck...

What aura deck, user?

W/g boogles

someone donate me 19 Kamigawa foil mountains please

There was gonna be a pauper league at my LGS then people whined and we have one more way to play T2 instead.

Fucking faggots.

When will they ban Delver in pauper?

There is no reason to use a worse Chain Lightening.

>not using exclusively Un-lands

I agree with you, I just really don't like Rift Bolt.
Just one too many times I've come down to the top deck and found a Rift Bolt that I can't cast because I've been liberal with the Shard Volley and the Fireblast and would have killed the opponent with any one or 2 cmc burn spell, even a shock.

Probably arguing over rules instead of following the MTGO format. Old Pauper players get massively butthurt if they have to change decks. Honestly Pauper players are more toxic than Modern or Standard players.

Get ye some vastly superior $170 Mountains.

After the whole spat about terrible Eternal support in reprintings and event coverage, compounded with recent spats in competitive play, I've decided to make one final major project in constructed MtG, and build a Pauper Warchest. I truly feel that Pauper is the best Eternal format, balancing price, game interaction and archetypes, I wanna spread it to my playgroup, both casual and competitive. I'm gonna start with a shortlist of 4-6 decks to build and try and progress from there.

Right now I think I'd look at
Mono U Delver
Mono G Stompy
Mono B Control
Affinity
Tron
Infect/Bogles

With Burn or Goblins to follow once I'm past the Tron milestone. What do you guys think? In this closed metagame, should I throw an archetype in for "balance"?

my legacy burn uses these, but they're in japanese and signed by the artist

Hey man I've got a warchest of my own, as I had a similar thought. I call it a gauntlet even though that doesn't really describe it.

12 decks plus sideboards
>UB teachings
>Midnight Gond combo
>Affinity
>UR delverfiend
>Junk Tortured Existence
>Boros Kitty
>Acid Trip
>MBC
>MonoU control
>MonoR Burn
>MonoG Stompy
>MonoW Soldiers

the idea is that eight players are issued decks at random so that there is appreciable variance in the decks played, sideboards are included because frankly some decks don't stand a chance otherwise.

Kitty builds are powerful and popular right now. They're pretty fun to play but a bit grindy. Also the pieces are confoundingly pricy.
Tortured Existence is fun and the value engine is off the chain.

Thanks man! I certainly would like to work my way into more combo-ey, value decks as we progress. I figured I'd start with some mono colour decks so it can also double as an intro to beginner players, and move to Affinity, Infect and Tron to convince competitive types that the format permits some of the best archetypes. I'll definitely look into TE. My girlfriend runs Kuldotha Jeskai on MTGO, may I ask which pieces are pricey on Paper?

I want it.

It's just a lot of paper pieces sit around a dollar. Bolts, Artifact lands, Lone Missionaries, Kor Skyfishers, Journey to Nowhere may sit around a dollar if you can't get good prices on tcg.
And I mean I haven't really minded spending a little money on commons but sometimes it makes me salty having to spend 20buck on 20 cards for what was meant to be a 'cheap' constructed experiment.
I've been meaning to take photos of the decks so I can show off what's in them but a close friend died by his own hand just a few days ago and it feels like a lot more effort than I particularly want to give to Veeky Forums right now.

Ah, I get what you mean about the price racking up over time. Sorry to hear about your friend, man.

I want to make Mono versions of each deck but Chainer's Edict hngggg

Legacy player here, but I've been playing Ur Tron for about a year and have kicked Mono blue Delver teeth consistently. It plays like Ur Control that happens to run Tron lands as well. I really like it

actually i feel that the Pauper meta is diverse. Have you tried the Tron decks?

They are diversive. He's heard blakent statements from people who don't play. The meta actually changes somewhat.

For a while Slivers made a huge comeback, people sideboarded against it heavily and then super cheap Mono U control decks without delver started clearing house. This is within a month or so.

Chump block it with saprolings, I dare you

what the fuck
okay so I just found out the stack of 130 or so lands I've had and never looked at since my mate gave them to me.
about 30% of them are from beta, 30% from 3rd gen and 30 from 4th gen

these lands can't be going for 10 bucks each...can they?

Well, are they Guru lands? Because these are the really expensive ones.

nah but they're the old basic lands, no tap symbol they just say "tap" and no year down the bottom.
are these beta lands? the next set, revised/3rd has a year down the bottom and a sideways T right?

I've got like 50 of each.

You can check the differences here desu
magiccards.info/be/en/283.html

And check the prices on tcgplayer or some major trading site.

TIL: i have around 400 dollars worth of old beta lands and a couple cards from 3rd edition.

Hey kid! That's a nice deck you got there, let your uncle Mark see it!

Mark pls go.

youtu.be/srVgVfTxN3I?t=12s

haven't played since cloud of faeries ban, but before that, stompy was just slightly negative and burn almost an auto win for delver. Has this changed that much?

Absolutely. Stompy kicks his shit in and Burn tears him apart.

Does anybody have experience with 1 land spy? Looks interesting but my meta has a lot of teachings and acid trip. Is it faster than these decks and how consistent is it?

I faced it a couple of times when I played Teachings. It's certainly has the potential to be faster, but Teachings is also glaciarly slow, and it didn't feel very consistent at all.

FUCK YOU MARK GO BACK TO DEVELOPING LIMITED AND LEAVE OUR FORMAT ALOOOOOOONE

We don't want your Hasbro shill masters here.