Since alignment restrictions on clerics are lifted in 5e, could a cleric in Faerûn worship:

Since alignment restrictions on clerics are lifted in 5e, could a cleric in Faerûn worship:

>Bane, god of strife and fear
>Kossuth, god of fire
>Loviatar, goddess of pain
>Mask, god of shadows and thieves

All at once?

As I've always played it, you're limited to one god, but to be honest I don't know if that's RAW, though it does make a certain amount of common sense.

Kossuth, no

Those other three, yes. Because Bane is a superior of Loviatar, they're 'allies'. And maskarrans pretend to worship other gods all the time.

So you could be a cleric of mask masquerading (hue) as a cleric of Loviatar who also worships Bane and respects Kossuth.

Yes, as long as you wear the mask and tell everyone that the fire rises, how painful the removal of your mask would be (for them), and that it was completely lightless in the area of your birth.

Easy. Bane, the big guy himself. Kossuth, who rises the fire. Loviatar, who's experiences are very painful. Mask, who was born in the darkness. All clearly should work together very well.

Can I also worship Beshaba ,so it will always be bad for you?

>And maskarrans pretend to worship other gods all the time.
Wouldn't that draw the ire of those other gods?

I do the opposite. Polytheists almost always worship a few different deities depending on their needs. If you're Babylonion, you pray to Enki when you need fresh water or want a son, pray to Ereshkigal when someone dies, pray to Inanna for success in battle. Catholics pray to St. Michael for protection in battle, St. Francis of Assisi for illness, St. Christopher when traveling. A cleric who considers themselves devoted to one god or saint will usually still recognize and call upon the aid of other deities within their pantheon.

Wouldn't such a character have to be a big guy?

For you

Well yes, but getting caught was part of their plan

Bane?

>Wouldn't that draw the ire of those other gods?
No, because they don't notice because the only person they're actually legit praying to and drawing spells from is Mask.

Deities (outside of Eberron) still withhold spells from those followers who displease them. It's just that what counts as displeasing a deity is more complex than what alignment you are.

Most of the common folk are like this, praying to whatever god they think will listen at the moment and acknowledging the existence and power of them all. However, gods are much more jealous of their divine spellcasters and basically never double-dip. The reason is that divine spellcasters are the only worshipers who mean a net loss of power for the deity. Ordinary believers who can't cast spells give power to the deity without receiving anything in return, but clerics and paladins use more of the deity's power than they give back, so the deities have to be absolutely sure it's worth the investment.

So no one cares who they are until they worship Mask?

Can you make it make sense in-setting and in-character?

If so, fuck it, go ahead. If not, whining about RAW saying you technically could makes you the sort of faggot who should be plastered on a That Guy thread somewhere.

So, you'd end up with a sneaky asshole anarchist who throws firebombs into retirement homes and hospitals in an attempt to cause social collapse?

Faerunians are expected to pay umbrage to most every deity. Even if you don't LIKE Loviatar or whoever, the common man doesn't disrespect them because she'll find some way to fuck you up. You might toss a few coins to a shrine if you pass by or not act like a huge dick to their worshippers or priests. It's a fact of life that all the deities exist and are powerful.

Priests get their power from a specific deity, though, and they would much rather their mortal followers concentrate their efforts on just them. Closely aligned gods are more like to tolerate or even encourage co-worship, but you need to get your main priority straight.

I'm not sure what removing alignment restrictions has to do with co-worship, especially when all the deities listed are jerks. NE is within one step of all of them, and Kossuth has so many aspects you can get away with any alignment but CG and CE (because he hates random faggots like Mask). Bane and Kossuth are bros, though. Did you mean the empowering agent?

Loviatar and Mask are shit patrons, honestly. Just go with Bane or Kossuth, with the latter being the least edgy.

Something something was already a man something something merely adopted something something

What part of anarchy and social collapse do you think Kossuth and Bane would approve of? They are pro-Law as all get out.

If I took the mask off, would you die?